THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 29 LAUNCHED

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Richard_H said:
Jez was busy with house moving so us other guys did an NA. It was totally crap so scrapped it and re-recorded a lot.

"You need me on that wall!" -Col. Jez referring to his New Acquisitions segment

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Why did the title change from 'Aloha TaunTodd 5-0 Quack' to 'Bespin Boxflats'??

because it was an in-joke which was done to death. I don't want to go down that path again it was painful enough :lol:

Take no notice of them Rich I like the R5 ducks. As the Christmas season approaches maybe this year's panto could be Mother Goose? Another great show. Very enjoyable. The Johnny Cash style track was really good too. :D

maxf

Jedi Master
spoons said:
Edd raised an interesting point earlier - why are repros so frowned upon when restored wax sculpts are OK?

Maybe pricing has a part to play. If loose vintage wasn't massively overpriced the issue of undeclared repros would be an annoyance rather than a costly exercise.

It's more that a 'repro' is totally fake, while something repaired is putting back together original pieces. As long as it's declared when sold I see no problem with the latter. I'd accept a repaired 'one-off' items completely - it's not like you could wait for another wax sculpt to come along.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
At three and a bit hours that was a bit of a pop/punk podcast.

Thanks for these shows. They're a treat.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well thanks very much, fellas. I was driving back at midnight from a 20 hours stint at work locking up bad guys (have that you money muling, cyber criminal punks) and the outtakes section at the end nearly caused me to crash several times. I had tears streaming down my face as I listened to the (nearly) title of "Aloha Taun-Todd 5-0 Quack". It shouldn't have been funny but it was. And listening to Rich explaining to bunch of giggling children that to spread duck jokes over 3 podcasts was not funny at all. Possibly my favourite bit of all 29 shows so far.

Aside from that, a cracking show (booooo on missing out on Latest Acquisitions!). I really enjoyed the POTF II discussion between Grant and Chris G, although I think Grant was more excited than Chris about it! Do it, Grant, come back to the darkside and collect a bit of modern. What's the worst that can happen......

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Criz Bee not Chris G. Chris G did the prototype interview in RB

Cheers guys for all feedback.

:D Aaaaaah! That actually explains quite a lot! And I forgot to say: that interview was fascinating. I loved the way he said "I'm sure you know most of this..." I then divulged a ton of info I had no idea about whatsoever. Brilliant interview.

Taffius

Sith Lord
I have been trying to catch up on the podcasts and just creased up at my work desk, in tears / bits listening and laughing at the end piece Re: Hawaii and duck title debate. Richard is not a happy duck at all!

Very good, top drawer fun. Thanks again all. Brilliant.

Jez

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
I have been trying to catch up on the podcasts and just creased up at my work desk, in tears / bits listening and laughing at the end piece Re: Hawaii and duck title debate. Richard is not a happy duck at all!

Thanks Taffius. That outtake cracks us all up, I was crying.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Taffius said:

Couldn't agree more... I remember very well pulling up to the gate at work and being unable to use my key fob access because I was laughing so much.. best out-take ever

Taffius

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Taffius said:

Couldn't agree more... I remember very well pulling up to the gate at work and being unable to use my key fob access because I was laughing so much.. best out-take ever

Great! I am still chuckling now. It was fantastic. So funny. The outakes at the end of these are priceless!

Richard_H

Grand Master
The actual recording was about 50 minutes of BS. I actually went away and came back about 10 mins later and they were still prattling on

Taffius

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
The actual recording was about 50 minutes of BS. I actually went away and came back about 10 mins later and they were still prattling on

Richard,
You did not seem happy. The more you made your point it seemed they just digged in. I really dont know what pushed me over the edge - their constant laughing or your sensible level headed professional approach to strive for a superior product, then for them to just carry on regardless.
I have not been in stitches like that for a long time. 29 made my day.
Thanks again for all that you guys provide!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Regarding the 1984 'collectors' reissues of 70s things, the theory of it coinciding with the free-to-air USTV showing of Star Wars is a great one. Makes total sense. I hadn't considered that.

While I remember the open bonnet Landspeeder turning up in my life circa 84, I'm thinking that it was a missed oppertunity for us Brits to get Dewbacks. Or, at least, I never saw one. Did anyone else clap eyes on one in the UK?

Rich, I'm beginning to think you're a troublemaker. I can imagine you coming over to me in 1984 telling be that my new improved Landspeeder is a load of old rubbish trying to ruin my parade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom