A dream come to fruition :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
How many of us dreamed about being a Stormtrooper and owning of those blasters? Im sure there were many, me included. I finally purchased a real deactivated Sterling sub machine gun to convert to a Stormtrooper blaster. For people that dont know this is the exact model they used for the Trooper blasters.Now ive owned 4 and still own 1 replica resin one and they have never felt right. So..i pick up this beauty and get to work converting it. Ill be showing a pic when its complete.

Attachments

• 809441_-_photo_16_1463837666_img.jpg
    809441_-_photo_16_1463837666_img.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,410

decipher28

Padawan
Awesome didn't know stormie gun was based of that.Bet there's some weight to it,looks like a hefty chunk of metal.Are they expensive.

look forward to seeing the finished article

stormcab

Sith Lord
Wow, top buy. Yeah I have a resin one myself that goes with my stormtrooper armour. Looks the nuts, but have to be careful with it as it's easily chipped.

Section 8

Sith Lord
As cool as it will be. You'll be taking away an original piece of WW2 history. This doesn't go down well with Militaria collectors who would love to own one unmodified.

They look close enough to a stormtrooper blaster when folded up without modification. I don't think we would like militaria collectors dabbling with our vintage.

Vinyl Jawa

Padawan
Section 8 said:
As cool as it will be. You'll be taking away an original piece of WW2 history. This doesn't go down well with Militaria collectors who would love to own one unmodified.

They look close enough to a stormtrooper blaster when folded up without modification. I don't think we would like militaria collectors dabbling with our vintage.

I have to agree with this.

But... If you do go ahead with it, I can't wait to see the outcome.

If, but I hope you don't

Section 8

Sith Lord
I spoke to a prominent member of the militaria collecting community today. He said he wouldn't care about modifying Stirlings as they are so common and as ian brooke states were used and possibly even built much later. I'm happy to confess I've got it wrong in this case, but do not think I'm completely wrong. Some other WW2 guns like the German Mauser which can be modified to be a Han Blaster would be much rarer.

By the way the prominent militaria collector who has shown me to be wrong is my very own brother. He will be firing his slightly larger gun in Hindley, Lancashire this Sunday, 3rd of July as part of the Somme remembrance if anyone is in the area. It's a sight and sound not to be missed.

11822388_1010736118957509_1799313055814897976_n.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I think you would be alright with stuff like mausers. I may be wrong but the rarer stuff would be prohibitively expensive for a conversion.

Have you ever visited the lanes armoury in Brighton? It's an incredible place to go.

I always fancied having a deactivated vickers somewhere in the house but the Mrs is having none of it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
I think you would be alright with stuff like mausers. I may be wrong but the rarer stuff would be prohibitively expensive for a conversion.

Have you ever visited the lanes armoury in Brighton? It's an incredible place to go.

I always fancied having a deactivated vickers somewhere in the house but the Mrs is having none of it.

The Armoury in Brighton is amazing but ridiculously overpriced.

A C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser is a work of art. And unless you find one in really ropey condition it a) would be too expensive to convert and b) would be an act of vadalism. The Sterling was produced in ridiculous quantities and as S8's brother rightly points out is far from rare. The C96 is not exactly rare but commands a hefty sum in good condition. Find a nice deac with matching serial numbers and you start at £1,500 and go up from there. I picked up a nice enough one but with some heavy pitting near the muzzle (all but one of the serial numbers match) and that set me back £750. I wanted one because they're are epically cool in their own right but I always knew it's what Han's blaster was based on. When one came up cheap enough I just had to have it.

Really looking forward to seeing the result of this Sterling conversion!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Wow, I had forgotten about this. I finished this a while back and it has in NOT been cut/sawn/trimmed/sanded in any other way apart from the paint. The original bubble like finish was looking pretty crap, and I wanted a smoother finish. Anything that is fixed on has not interefered with the gun itself and I could strip it back down to an SMG within 5 minutes :) The stock folds, the cocking action works and it is a beauty. It is still a historical piece and is still theoretically an SMG.

Here it is in its finished state:

Attachments

• SAM_4340 (640x480).jpg
    SAM_4340 (640x480).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,241
  • SAM_4337 (640x480).jpg
    SAM_4337 (640x480).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,242
  • SAM_4339 (640x480).jpg
    SAM_4339 (640x480).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,241
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom