Status
Not open for further replies.

smallsballs

Youngling
Hello to everyone :)

Name: Dan
Single/Married: single
Residence: North Yorkshire
Occupation: Asst. Manager, ETL Knaresborough (oil filtration, coolant management etc..)
Kids: None, i hope!
Pets: None, used to keep tropical fish
Collecting Focus: Vehicles, mostly cheaper ones, boxed or not, just to display all round the house!
Character Focus: none, probably a Han variant if i did..

Hi there, first post on the forums although been browsing them for a coupla years. Love the banter.
I just love Star Wars, reminds of my happy childhood, especially xmas! Ripping open a present to find an x wing or millenium falcon, priceless!
Remember, the Force will be with you always :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
smallsballs said:
Hello to everyone :)

Name: Dan
Single/Married: single
Residence: North Yorkshire
Occupation: Asst. Manager, ETL Knaresborough (oil filtration, coolant management etc..)
Kids: None, i hope!
Pets: None, used to keep tropical fish
Collecting Focus: Vehicles, mostly cheaper ones, boxed or not, just to display all round the house!
Character Focus: none, probably a Han variant if i did..

Hi there, first post on the forums although been browsing them for a coupla years. Love the banter.
I just love Star Wars, reminds of my happy childhood, especially xmas! Ripping open a present to find an x wing or millenium falcon, priceless!
Remember, the Force will be with you always :D

Welcome to the forum Dan :D

han-carbonite

Hi everybody, i want to introduce myself!

My name is Axel, i am 40 years old, have 2 children (20 month & 4 weeks...yes i am tired), we live in Hamburg and i work as an real estate Projectmanager.

Since 1982, as i saw Return of the Jedi with my father, the Star Wars virus grab me :) Sadly, that the Rancor the only toy is that survived from my childhood.

My Collecting Focus is, ofcourse, Kenner Vintage Toys. Ok ok i know, it is a big focus. My favorite Kenner figure is Han Solo with carbonite chamber :)

I hope to enlarge my Star Wars knowledge here in the Forum and have nice conversations about our beautiful hobby.

...i still work on my bussines english, so please take hindsight about that :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
han-carbonite said:
Hi everybody, i want to introduce myself!

My name is Axel, i am 40 years old, have 2 children (20 month & 4 weeks...yes i am tired), we live in Hamburg and i work as an real estate Projectmanager.

Since 1982, as i saw Return of the Jedi with my father, the Star Wars virus grab me :) Sadly, that the Rancor the only toy is that survived from my childhood.

My Collecting Focus is, ofcourse, Kenner Vintage Toys. Ok ok i know, it is a big focus. My favorite Kenner figure is Han Solo with carbonite chamber :)

I hope to enlarge my Star Wars knowledge here in the Forum and have nice conversations about our beautiful hobby.

...i still work on my bussines english, so please take hindsight about that :wink:

Hi Axel, welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a great focus. You should upload your collection on the forum :wink:

Tusken Raider

Youngling
Hi guys, Craig from Liverpool, England here. Long, long time lurker/admirer. It's been a great read so far, so finally registered today in hope of getting to know more about the SWF.UK squad and their ambitions.

I was born in 1981, and having a father who was drawn in by the saga in '77, I was thrown deep in the Sarlacc and sat watching the films from the age of 3... and was luckily bought most figures, ships etc. ranging from 1977-1985. Obviously no toys were kept boxed, however some came out unscathed from my daily battles.

I visit as many conventions as I can, as one of my big loves now is meeting the cast from the original movies and obtaining their autographs. My last signing was Carrie Fisher at Star Wars Celebration, my next is this weekend in Wrexham to meet Tim Rose (never actually got 'round to getting his autograph).

Still buying little bits of memorabilia here and there, however with a 3 year old son who also has the force in him, keeping things boxed and away can be quite difficult.

That's me anyway, life time lover of Star Wars, keen autograph collector, frequent convention visitor etc.

eastlosfinest

HELLO GROUP!! IM SO EXCITED TO BE HERE!!

my name is Marcos and im recently getting into seriously collecting star wars. i collect other items, but now im hunting down the BOOTLEG figures, and foreign figures =) i cant wait to learn from several collectors here and look at amazing collections

Thomas/Sweden

Padawan
Hi! I'm Thomas from Sweden, guitarist, singer and collector (CD's, LP's and guitars) born in 1973. I owned some Tri logos back in the day, Vader, Stormtrooper and a AT ST Driver around 1983/84. I haven't bought anything Star Wars since then but I recently saw a moc Kenner Stormtrooper and couldn't resist, the first moc in 32 years! Anyway, I've read a bit about the Toy Toni thing and it's sad of course but I might try and get hold of some Tri logos again if I can find some moc's that are ok.

Best regards, Thomas

Obi-Dan Kenobi

Youngling
Hi Guys!

Daniel here from Bedford. 30 something year old, life long Star Wars fan and collector.

In recent years I've decided to cull my collection of all things Star Wars and focus my passion on the 3 3/4 variety. Gone are the Episode 1 Pepsi cans and opened Walkers crisps packets from 1999, and now my loose figure collection is proudly presented in two display cabinets in my man cave. It's by no means the biggest collection out there, but one I'm very happy with it!

I' decided I would like to expand my 3 3/4 love into the carded vintage figures and have picked up a few of late. Setting my sights on them all (as I suppose is natural for a collector!) but this will no doubt be many, many years away!

I came across this site while trying to find out more about the Toy Toni controversy and look forward to joining in with future conversations.

Nice to meet you all!

Thanks
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom