THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 30 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
30-facebook.png

Degunk your junk and clear your phone memories, as you're going to need it all for this epic edition of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

This months show has no less than ten guests joining the team throughout the various sections.

Stuart is joined by Horacio Narvaez (Ozio) and Marco Jay to take an in depth look at the Lili Ledy license. 

Rich has no fewer than FOUR guests during this months rebel Briefings.  Jon Spira joins him to discuss the Elstree 1976 DVD release, whilst Adam Pemberton speaks with Jez about the recent Echo Live toy show.  Henrik Friden discusses the recent huge Norway haul and Jason Smith returns to the show to discuss Palitoy 45 AB combinations.

This month in the newly titled Beyond the Toys section, Grant speaks to Propstore's Prop Guru Brandon Alinger and Emmy Award winning comedy screenwriter David Mandel on their new publication 'The Art of Ralph McQuarrie'.  The book which will be the most comprehensive guide to artists behind The Original Trilogy.

Pete continues the guest ratio having Chris Botkins join him for Market as they take a look at the Rebel Commando, whilst also delving into the recent Propstore auction.

Jez offers a feast of acquisitions in the NA segment, as he looks at Trilogo MTV-7s, Hoth Survival mailer Kits, Canadian Ugnaught MOC, Argentinian Pepsi rulers, TIE Pilot Uzays, AT-ATs and a look at Cash Converters.

As well as all this Chris Georgoulias joins the team during feedback to make some corrections on information given during Episode 29.
Don't fear the length of this show is a one off and will be back to the usual 5 hours in December. x x

Enjoy the show!!!!!!!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Lol, yes it is a very long one but just seemed to have loads of good content for this show and it just went a bit mental. We didn't want to leave any of it out as it seemed to good to lose.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
It's not the size of the podcast that matters.

It's the size of your penis and testicles that really matters.

Looking forward to the podcast as always!

spoons

Grand Master
Sheffield to Welshpool and back, complete with closed motorway lanes and I've still got 30 mins to go!

Great stuff as ever, I was enjoying the backpack chat so much I missed my junction and ended up on the Wirral :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
If any other podcast I listened to, on any subject, was this size I'd internally tell them to get to f. I'd think they were mad with ego, possibly a bit psychotic even.

But, as it happens, I'm all for this lunacy. I've got a day in the house tomorrow. Let's see if I can do it in a one-er.

:D

The line up looks like great. Thanks guys.

maxf

Jedi Master
Another great episode - especially the Lili Ledy interview - I really learned a lot there.

I listened to this on my bike ride to work (over a few days, I dont ride 150 miles ;) ), so two things happened - Star Wars chat powered me up hill, and also, instead of all of spotify I chose to listen to the podcast - so you were literally better than all of the music ever.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Only half way through! Quick question, can you post a link to the Ralph McQuarrie book? This is the only one I can find and it's sold out (not to mention bloody expensive!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Art-Ralph-Mcquarrie-x/dp/1419717936

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ah OK mate thanks. Any idea if it's in any physical shops? Would like to have a look before handing over £150

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I think they are also being stocked in Forbidden Planet mate. Not sure but I will let you know when I find out.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Excellent Elstree 1976 interview. Really interesting perspective on the subject... just ordered the DVD. Thanks.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
The end conversation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aloha Toddtaun 5-0 Quack!.........quality guys!

More duck references next month please :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:

Psst Rob, think you're listening to Ep29 x

Jez

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
robpmarsh said:

Psst Rob, think you're listening to Ep29 x

Beat me to it!
I do think thats the funniest impromptu out take we've done though.
I remember loosing the gift of sight for a minute when i was laughing so much at Rich! It's so easy!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Finally finished!

In answer to the why is the Kenner/Palitoy logo on 20 back R5-D4 centered rather than to the right, maybe they were worried about the predominately white Kenner/Palitoy logo not showing up against the white leg of the R5-D4 on the background image?

:)

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom