Empire strikes back with adverts

ODB

Jedi Master
I also have ANH done, the upload rate to dropbox currently is terrible, so when they are done I'll post links. They will be raw rips with no title cards or chapters, just like the old vhs days, it just seems right that way.

ODB

Jedi Master
Just ANH at the moment, they are large files as they are DVD quality (they are off VHS masters don't forget). Dropbox put a limit on the size of your files unless you pay them money.

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Ok cool...still downloading after a few false starts, hope it's completely comes down, can't wait for Jedi as that's the other one I had other than empire with adverts...thanks again dude, can't express how much having these mean to me

ODB

Jedi Master
I shall see about getting ROTJ up tomorrow, its file is even larger.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
This is great, ODB. A real treat. Thankyou so much for sharing these time-pieces. :mrgreen: :D :)

ODB said:
I now have a digital copy of the Boxing Day Premiere of the Return of the Jedi presented by Thames television (remember them?). What would be the best way of sharing this, on youtube its likely to get pulled for copyright. Dropbox or something?
Dropbox would be great. You won`t be pulled out because of copyright.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
The quality is great, ODB! I just flicked thru Star Wars. Star Wars on 80s ITV is very Starwarsy.

Seeing as we're not being all candid about these things, here's the copy of ESB I was sharing via PMs earlier.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1djdmhqfpgkaqc/The_Empire_Strikes_Back_-_ITV_Broadcast_Xmas_88.mkv

To recap, it's a rip of an entire Beta 3.5h tape where somebody left it running on Xmas Day 1988 to catch the ESB premier while they were busy. So, it's uninterrupted Christmas Day ITV with Empire - with ads - in the middle.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Wow ODB, thank you so much for this. Fantastic stuff :D
Thanks once again Declan for the ESB upload.

I've wanted to track down the ANH premiere for an eternity, so this is an absolute gem.
My well-worn Betamax copy went missing in a house move in the mid 80s.
I must have had it on loop for at least a month after the showing. Must've drove the family bonkers :lol:

Amazing after all these years that I could still anticipate where the ad breaks were.
Strange that there were no Palitoy SW adverts. You would have thought they would've been all over this.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
chipsteak said:
Here's a pipedream if ever there was. :lol:

Before I saw a SW film, I had an older brother filling my head with how great it is. We both got crazily excited for a school holiday morning showing of The Making Of Star Wars. This marked my first viewing of moving SW images. An off-air of that - with late 70s continuity - would be as great as it would be unlikely.

I know it's no substitute for a copy of the actual ITV screening, but here's the TVTimes for June 10-16 1978 that I managed to pick up.
I remember virtually hyperventilating, waiting for the godawful Pink Medicine Show to finish :D
8pm couldn't come fast enough!

"Disco monsters" anyone? :?

tvtimes78_zpslpqnmsbd.jpg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:
chipsteak said:
Here's a pipedream if ever there was. :lol:

Before I saw a SW film, I had an older brother filling my head with how great it is. We both got crazily excited for a school holiday morning showing of The Making Of Star Wars. This marked my first viewing of moving SW images. An off-air of that - with late 70s continuity - would be as great as it would be unlikely.

I know it's no substitute for a copy of the actual ITV screening, but here's the TVTimes for June 10-16 1978 that I managed to pick up.
I remember virtually hyperventilating, waiting for the godawful Pink Medicine Show to finish :D
8pm couldn't come fast enough!

"Disco monsters" anyone? :?

tvtimes78_zpslpqnmsbd.jpg

Wow, just shows how somethings stand the test of time really!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Nice find, Twin. I'm referring to the shower advert. Phwaaaaooor.

8pm seems quite late for that sort of thing. My ( slightly later than 1978 ) memories of 'Making Ofs' was of them turning up during the day on school holidays.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
chipsteak said:
Nice find, Twin. I'm referring to the shower advert. Phwaaaaooor.

8pm seems quite late for that sort of thing. My ( slightly later than 1978 ) memories of 'Making Ofs' was of them turning up during the day on school holidays.

I know.....70s babes are absolute filth.....Cwoooooaaaar! (adopts Sid James lecherous smirk).
I might have to get that page laminated :shock:

TBH don't remember the school holiday repeats, but the June 78 showing is seared into the memory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom