Supporter
Life can deal a blow at any time,
There is no reason there is no rhyme,
But faith in human nature can be displayed,
By perfect strangers, in gestures made,
We have made a difference and shone a light,
For a fleeting moment Illuminated a darkness in another's plight,
Take solace in kind actions and all you do,
Thank your lucky stars that unscathed are you!

Neil/Iain ..I doff my cap to you :wink: ( get well soon Neil)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Jeez poor bastard, kidney stones, been there done that, worst pain I have ever experienced hands down & I have had my fair share of heavy duty physical pain over the years, kidney stones dropped me like a sack of **** though & the recovery is far from instant, so my thoughts go out.

The draw will happen when it happens guys, no rush from me thats for sure, just happy the young lass got the funds she needed & thankful we have managed to play a small part in making it happen for her, the brother getting something was a sweet touch, as has been said it's easy to overlook the needs of other family members when someone is so seriously ill so it was a great call/

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My boss had stones, he's a total workaholic, but even he had to stop and take proper rest for weeks, a total killer. When he did return to work, he wasn't right for months; totally understand the delay. Get well soon Neil!

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Okay I probably should have PMed Iain about it in retrospect so my bad on that :D
I wasn't really concerned about the draw but more about Bethany and if the nessesary money had been raised and spent, as I have not been actively collecting lately I've only been checking in to see if I need to post my prize out which is a bit frustrating when this seemed to have died, and no I wasn't after a refund :lol:

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hi guys. I'm really sorry this hasn't happened yet. The day of the draw, I was taken ill, so sorry about that. The good news is that I've arranged to redo it, so I appreciate your patience. The best news is that so far, all in, we have raised about £15,000!!
Dave has been able to order the equipment and has since been delivered. I promise that now I'm back on my feet, I'll get the draw done and post up the results.

Thanks again guys
Neil.

Joe

Grand Master
That's fantastic Neil and no rush mate, hope you are back on your feet now and on the mend! Great work!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
holy hell in a hand-basket Neil 15k, thats superb!! thats some effort,so glad we could help to get Bethany what she needed, you rest as long as you need to, I remember kidney stone pain, though I would much rather forget it

plantainman

Jedi Master
jackabina said:
Hi guys. I'm really sorry this hasn't happened yet. The day of the draw, I was taken ill, so sorry about that. The good news is that I've arranged to redo it, so I appreciate your patience. The best news is that so far, all in, we have raised about £15,000!!
Dave has been able to order the equipment and has since been delivered. I promise that now I'm back on my feet, I'll get the draw done and post up the results.

Thanks again guys
Neil.

Awesome, well played!! Hope your health is plain sailing hereon in. Best

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
jackabina said:

Thanks again guys
Neil.

Wow! Great news! Get well soon.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Chocolatey salty balls! £15k is an epic target. Great that SWFUK can say it's members had some small part in that amazing total. Hope the convalescence is going well, Neil. Take it easy (except when dispatching goodies from Iain :D) and get well soon.

Commander Clint

Padawan
jackabina said:

Thanks again guys
Neil.

Well done, and for a great cause. :D

jackabina

Sith Lord
First, I am so sorry for how long this has taken. I really appreciate your patience. When I started this I never imagined so many thinks could get in the way. The equipment has been delivered and the family get their training on Tuesday. Dave has said that he will send pictures of her using her new gear so that I can share with you. The is also enough cash left to get her brother an iMac that syncs with her equipment. Anyway, back to the draw. I've just spend a couple of hours preparing and cutting up the names for the draw. It seems getting together with the family is quite a challenge this close to Christmas, so rather than keeping you lovely people waiting longer than I already have, my boys will do the draw tomorrow morning. I will update the thread as the numbers come out, and publish a full list of winners along with supporting pictures at the end.
Thanks again for your support and patience, and I hope you all get something nice!!
Kind regards
Neil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom