The LEGO Corner

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
I'm going to have to post pics of my collection soon but wanted to share another bargain.... Wrongly listed on eBay, the ghost from rebels set...£21 :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Spookedhippie said:
I'm going to have to post pics of my collection soon but wanted to share another bargain.... Wrongly listed on eBay, the ghost from rebels set...£21 :D

I had no idea what this was so looked it up on eBay. Er, what gives?? This is a £150+ set yet had an RRP of what £40-£50? I understand the popularity of retired sets: I dealt in Lego for 4 years as a reseller. But I would not have touched this set at anything less than 50% off the RRP. Why so popular?

On a different note: Quidco is doing a record breaking 11% cashback when shopping at Lego.com! It's normally as low as 3%, sometimes up to 5%, but I have never seen it at 11%. Take that, your 20% off, your 5% loyalty VIP points and your utterly amazing Christmas snowglobe giveaway (spend over £60 - currently selling for £30 and I mean SELLING for £30 on eBay) and your RRP £79.99 Lego VW Camper Van set is now costing you..... £23

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
I have no idea scruffy, my only guess is that the more popular the tv series has become, the more people want the set

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I think the Ghosts higher after market price is really down to the availability v's it's rising popularity. The set, along with the connecting phantom ship, were available prior to season one of rebels starting but didn't hang around too long on shelves and with three seasons down now and no sign of a new version coming anytime soon, demand is growing. Add to to the fact that it is a nice ship that gives us the core crew members, good play features etc. And I think this will rapidly become a 200+ set by the time rebels wraps after season 4.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
I think the Ghosts higher after market price is really down to the availability v's it's rising popularity. The set, along with the connecting phantom ship, were available prior to season one of rebels starting but didn't hang around too long on shelves and with three seasons down now and no sign of a new version coming anytime soon, demand is growing. Add to to the fact that it is a nice ship that gives us the core crew members, good play features etc. And I think this will rapidly become a 200+ set by the time rebels wraps after season 4.

That's interesting, cheers :) I have never been into Rebels so wasn't tapped into its popularity. In which case £21 is an insane bargain!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
You should check the rebels stuff out, there are some fantastic sets to be had .

The Tie Advanced Prototype, AT-DP and Wookie ship from wave 1 are great as are the Phantom and Ghost
Vader's Tie Advance v's A Wing and Captain Rex's AT-TE from wave 2 are two of the best Lego sets in recent years

Some of the smaller sets are good like the speeder bikes, but the Phantom Mk2 that is out in Jan complete with Admeral Thrawn figure looks fantastic.

Lovely Star Wars sub-theme to go with what is becoming a cracking TV show.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Won this in the FF auction

20161212_0739142_zpszjh9rcai.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not much. There was Rob's display, a podracer display and an awesome U-Wing and AT-ST display which went for about £135 I think.

DOUBLE POINTS AT LEGO! Just until 26th December

AND

Don't forget it's still 11% Quidco cashback!

AND

You get an A-Wing Rebels minifigure with SW purchases over £25.

Feels like Christmas :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Popped into the lego shop today to get my dad a yellow submarine for xmas. Hope he likes it.

Double points

And a gingerbread man

And he gave me a snow globe as i was frantically looking for something else to buy to make it up.

And he put an awing pilot in my bag.

Good old lego.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Holy crap that's a good haul. Which one was that, Ben? In the office in town today so quite tempted to stop by Leicester Square store if they're feeling particularly generous.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just in case anyone had been considering the Classic Batcave set, it's currently a massive £70 off at Smyths Toys.

I've been tempted with this for sometime, but the blandness of it has put me off the £230 ask price. At £160 it becomes a lot more palatable. Great range of minifigures with it and with over 2,500 pieces it represents really quite good value for money. Got to love the original Batcopter and Batmobile:

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-868/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes/p-18427/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes-batman-classic-tv-series-batcave-76052/

They also have the superb Technic Porsche 911 GT3 at an euqally impressive £75 off, from £250 down to £175:

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-777/lego-technic/p-19783/lego-technic-porsche-911-gt3-rs-42056/

I've just picked up an about-to-be-retired Ewok Village from Lego. With double points, 11% Quidco and a free A-Wing pilot polybag I reckon that to be a quite reasonable £150 price tag. That's a hell of a lot of Lego and an incredible playset. I also picked up the Lego Idea Dr. Who set as I hadn't had it up to now and I see both these are on the "soon to be retired" list. The Cussoo Ideas sets are brilliant. Annoyed I missed a couple that now cost mega bucks to pick up.

And Ecto 1 is soon to retire, too. No better time to pick up anything missing with double point and 11% cashback.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Just in case anyone had been considering the Classic Batcave set, it's currently a massive £70 off at Smyths Toys.

I've been tempted with this for sometime, but the blandness of it has put me off the £230 ask price. At £160 it becomes a lot more palatable. Great range of minifigures with it and with over 2,500 pieces it represents really quite good value for money. Got to love the original Batcopter and Batmobile:

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-868/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes/p-18427/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes-batman-classic-tv-series-batcave-76052/

They also have the superb Technic Porsche 911 GT3 at an euqally impressive £75 off, from £250 down to £175:

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-777/lego-technic/p-19783/lego-technic-porsche-911-gt3-rs-42056/

I've just picked up an about-to-be-retired Ewok Village from Lego. With double points, 11% Quidco and a free A-Wing pilot polybag I reckon that to be a quite reasonable £150 price tag. That's a hell of a lot of Lego and an incredible playset. I also picked up the Lego Idea Dr. Who set as I hadn't had it up to now and I see both these are on the "soon to be retired" list. The Cussoo Ideas sets are brilliant. Annoyed I missed a couple that now cost mega bucks to pick up.

And Ecto 1 is soon to retire, too. No better time to pick up anything missing with double point and 11% cashback.

So how is your decluttering coming along? :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

So how is your decluttering coming along? :D

:D Really, really badly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom