Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onethumb

Hi, I've just joined this forum as I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a load of 70s and 80s movie posters including some original a new hope posters, two of which I've been unable to find anywhere else on the net so I'm hoping that some of you here can help me.

Thanks. Steve

Secret Santa

Jedi Knight
Welcome one and all - stick around, dive right in and you to can join in Secret Santa 2017, not to mention learn, share and spread the word SWFUK is the place for Vintage Star Wars goodness!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi,
I am in my early 50s living in Kent.
I started collecting Star wars vintage toys about 1989, mainly MOC figures, but also had point if sale items, nearly a complete set of loose figures and boxed ships etc.
In the days before the internet this used to occur at toys and sci-fi fairs in the south east and London area.
My favourite was always Cheshunt sci-fi where you could always pick up some nice pieces, and it was always great to chat and catch up with the traders.
In 1995 I started to collect modern POTF carded figures as well, but by 2004 for a few reasons I lost interest so packed every thing up and demoted the collection to "the loft".
By 2012 I had almost forgotten about "the stuff in the loft", but a chance conversational led me to decide to send the complete collection to auction, along with all my TV related die cast that I had collected before I moved into Star wars.
I don't think that the Star wars bug ever left me, as I have always read about Star wars collecting and visited the SWF.UK forum on many occasions reading the interesting guides on cards and figure variations.
So now the time is right (not according to my wife) and have now decided to start a new collection.
I will be concentrating on getting a set of the last 17 hopefully on the best cards that I can afford, and have already purchased a few bits from fellow forum members, thanks guys.
I think that I will also try for a set of Kenner 65 backs as well, depending on how they come up for sale.
The only rule I have this time is to stay focused on the above and not get off track.
Thanks for a great place to meet like minded people, sory to ramble... :eek:
Nick.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi everyone. Tigerham is the name (Hamid) and was a member over 6 years ago. Had a great experience the first time round for sure. :)

I am only back on board for a short while but look forward to meeting a few of you soon. Peace and Love my friends. :) X

wrighty

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
Hi everyone. Tigerham is the name (Hamid) and was a member over 6 years ago. Had a great experience the first time round for sure. :)

I am only back on board for a short while but look forward to meeting a few of you soon. Peace and Love my friends. :) X

Hi Hamid! Did I buy a 12 A R2 from you previously? :?:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Name: Steve
Single/Married: Engaged
Residence: UK
Kids: None
Pets: Cat
Collecting Focus: Anything Star Wars
Character Focus: Any Luke figures.

yoda

Sith Lord
Great to see more new members and welcome anyone thats just joined. You will enjoy it here and its a great place for any questions your looking answers for.

Jamas79

Padawan
Thanks!

New member and been hangning around for a few months. Find the forum a great place for knowledge and to buy vintage Star Wars ofc.
Been a Star Wars fans all my life and have collecting from time to time. Unfortunately I sold all my vintage collection back in 2003 and have hade a break since, not from Star Wars, but collecting.
My main focus is ROTJ.
37 years old, live in Uppsala Sweden with wife and two kids.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jamas79 said:
Thanks!

New member and been hangning around for a few months. Find the forum a great place for knowledge and to buy vintage Star Wars ofc.
Been a Star Wars fans all my life and have collecting from time to time. Unfortunately I sold all my vintage collection back in 2003 and have hade a break since, not from Star Wars, but collecting.
My main focus is ROTJ.
37 years old, live in Uppsala Sweden with wife and two kids.

Welcome to the forum, great to see a member from sweden, we have a few guys on the forum from sweden and if you have not seen it then there is also an old swedish thread on the forum see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10806 :wink:

Jamas79

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Welcome to the forum, great to see a member from sweden, we have a few guys on the forum from sweden and if you have not seen it then there is also an old swedish thread on the forum see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10806 :wink:

Thanks! I remember that thread now. It is a great source to Swedishs stickers. I have some vehicles and cardbacks with them as well. Bringing back great childhood memories. :)

Imperial Gunner

Padawan
Hi, again....not been on here since 2008!

Just got my collection back from my parents loft and have been enjoying having a look through it all again. Stumbled across the forum on a Google search for something...surprised my account was still active!!

Hoping to have a good sort through the collection in the coming weeks and get some photos taken, will post them up as I do them :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jamas79 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks! I remember that thread now. It is a great source to Swedishs stickers. I have some vehicles and cardbacks with them as well. Bringing back great childhood memories. :)

Happy that I could help with keeping that thread alive :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom