AFA 95- still overpriced though

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I haven't seen many straight 95 subs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-ESB-48-BACK-HAN-SOLO-HOTH-AFA-95-95-95-95-MOC-UP-MINT-RARE-/302175147210?hash=item465b0ad4ca:g:t-wAAOSwknJX0TDe

Still overpriced though.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If grading was consistent I could see why people would pay a premium for straight 95s, but the problem is anything above "C9" is a complete lottery and can grade anything from 80-95. It looks no better than all the other 80s and 85s on eBay for a quarter of the price.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It won't sell for anything like that price. Thing is even collectors who chase numbers wouldn't even won't it because it wouldent match all there other AFA 90's. :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Maybe Zach Tann will buy it, then he can sell it "fresh back from grading" for $6000 on Facebook

indianawars

Sith Lord
Am I the only one thinking that this should have been an 85 grade, but the guy working at AFA mistakenly pressed the number 9 instead?
Maybe my eyes aren't what they use to be, but I'm sure I can see some minor border wear, so how on earth did it get an 95?
Also, how did Robbie come up with this number for an asking price? Surely it's a £250 MOC, maybe £300 in that condition.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
indianawars said:
Am I the only one thinking that this should have been an 85 grade, but the guy working at AFA mistakenly pressed the number 9 instead?
Maybe my eyes aren't what they use to be, but I'm sure I can see some minor border wear, so how on earth did it get an 95?
Also, how did Robbie come up with this number for an asking price? Surely it's a £250 MOC, maybe £300 in that condition.

I reckon you could be right, another classic from AFA! :lol:

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I bet the dollar signs lit up in the seller's eyes when he opened the packaging up and saw 95s. Anybody ever seen a 95 before ? or do we think this was a genuine mistake?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm not sure now I've looked the serial number up on toygrader.com and it was graded in 2004. There have been a couple AfA 95's on eBay for about 4 years but silly asking price. Not sure if they are still on, one is a Lando General POTF I think.

Lindo

Sith Lord
There's a few high grade potf moc's on ebay quite regularly, then again stupid prices and he's had them on for at least 10 years on and off

wrighty

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
Does that mean AFA 100 is possible?

I believe there has been a few AFA 100 when they were still a single tier grading system, I think I have seen a DSC AFA 100!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
indianawars said:

No, you're not. Looking at the card it's 85 at very best. I'm sure I've seen cards in that condition that have graded an 80 before. Even being generous and putting a lot of the scuffs seen in the photo down to them being on the case it has more defects than any regular 85. What a load of **** from AFA.

As usual.

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Its 100% Robbie's other account .

I believe the Lando General POTF that was an AFA95 was graded under the single tier.

Still over priced tho but I am surprised someone aint bought it for the grade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom