JUST BACK FROM CINEMA THREAD - ROGUE ONE - SPOILERS ALERT!!!

Joe

Grand Master
Oh and mind reading slug thing - no, wasn't for me and totally unnecessary but (and this is a good thing) that may be my only "big" gripe 8)

Joe

Grand Master
weasel said:
My missus hadn't realised he was CG'd until i told her.

My wife didn't realise either until I told her he died in the 90's once we got home, she also thought Leia was just a lookalike actress they had hired. I guess that means the millions they spent on the CGI was worth it!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
weasel said:
My missus hadn't realised he was CG'd until i told her.

My wife didn't realise either until I told her he died in the 90's once we got home, she also thought Leia was just a lookalike actress they had hired. I guess that means the millions they spent on the CGI was worth it!

OR, if your wife is blonde like my missus, then maybe all those rumours about blondes being a tad dim are true!?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I went for a 2nd viewing with a good mate on Wednesday and it was fantastic. As is normally the case I absorbed it all more the 2nd time and caught every line and bit of the story better. My mate loved it. We then went for a few pints and chewed the cud about it :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Five viewings in; two IMAX and three 2D and its not getting dull... first three all improved massively each time, now though its seeing the little things each time that I somehow missed before that is keeping it fresh. I also think my issues with the score have almost completely faded away, it really is much better than I first gave it credit for.

Franky-Wan-Kenobi

Loved it! It was phenomenal! One complaint is that we had more Tarkin than Vader. The CGI was amazing and the best possible CGI it could be but, personally, technology limits how good it can be and the CGI wasn't quite human. That said it is my 2nd favourite movie ever! Second only to ROTJ but ahead of the other six of my top eight (the other Star Wars movies.) Outstanding! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

winnebago88

Padawan
Went for my second viewing yesterday with my brother and enjoyed it even more than the first. I think it goes around 4th in my favourite list now after ROTJ, ESB and FA. I think I now have a new Favourite planet now with Eadu. We don't see much but I love it.

afsupplies

Padawan
Franky-Wan-Kenobi said:
Loved it! It was phenomenal! One complaint is that we had more Tarkin than Vader. The CGI was amazing and the best possible CGI it could be but, personally, technology limits how good it can be and the CGI wasn't quite human. That said it is my 2nd favourite movie ever! Second only to ROTJ but ahead of the other six of my top eight (the other Star Wars movies.) Outstanding! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Agreed, but having seen "Jack Lord" resurrected on Hawaii 5-0 on Sunday it shows how good Tarkin was. The FX team used the same technique as Tarkin (stand in actor with a digital head replacement and a soundalike for the voice) but they obviously had a much lower budget.
hawaii-five-0-cgi.jpg

smallsballs

Youngling
Watched R1 on Xmas eve late showing, rated it. Enjoyed it more than TFA!
Lack of a good score or even classic JW title music detracted slightly but overall very happy. Was a bit worried as heard they'd reshot some of it for being too 'dark' for disney but was still gritty enough, very happy :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just saw it again, really enjoyed it. I thought seeing it after all the hype had died down, it might be different. I love how detailed it is and how evil the empire are. This book arrived too, so much design work went into it it's staggering. Can't wait for the next one...

Attachments

• IMG_5365.JPG
    IMG_5365.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 983

yoda

Sith Lord
Got a second viewing and its getting better for me! I had already loved it after the first viewing. Got a chance to now take alot more in. I also feel I could go straight to a new hope now it links in perfectly its more than I ever expected. I had deliberately avoided anything to do with this movie before it was released.
A few have comments on here about Vader. I got a better look again and yes I also think something doesn't look right. Around his neck looks to big, plus I couldn't see the small chain that clips the cape at the front. I think the neck guard is to big. I know its small and probably nit picking but there must be a reason why this was done.
I also spotted a black biker scout helmet and a helmet similar to boba fetts worn by some of Gerrera's men.
I'll definitely be pre-ordering the dvd.

jimmyp

Padawan
Great film and miles better than Episode 7 which is not wearing well and I already can't watch it anymore.

This was gritty and dirty and was the best star wars film since Jedi.

It totally makes you wanna watch star wars straight after seeing it, because its so close to the original star wars story.

Brilliant. :D

Still would also love to see how the original film would have looked before the cuts and re-shoots.

They say the original cut was far too dark.

This is what the original star wars fans have been crying out for though, A real shame as some of the scenes and lines from the original trailer looked amazing!!

:(

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Just seen it for the fifth time and it's still great to watch. The music has really grown on me so much that I bought the CD today!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just got back from my 12th veiwing started to get bored until Vader turned his lightsaber on.

Only joking trying to come up with an excuse to get out the house next week for 4 hours to see it for the 4th time!

My wife has been 3 times but refuses to go a 4th. :roll: :cry:

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
theforceuk said:
Just got back from my 12th veiwing started to get bored until Vader turned his lightsaber on.

Only joking trying to come up with an excuse to get out the house next week for 4 hours to see it for the 4th time!

My wife has been 3 times but refuses to go a 4th. :roll: :cry:

I think I could handle watching the Battle of Scarif 12 times :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Just back from the cinema with a 'new acquisition' and I think it's wonderful... a tiny independent cinema in Herne Bay, UK created its own quad poster to advertise the biggest film of the year! Really grateful to the Kavanagh for giving me this poster after Rogue One finished its run. It will be treasured!

15965529_625443410982022_8830870099257637517_n.jpg

15977242_625443460982017_313515058523566146_n.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thought it a bit unnecessary to start a new thread for this, but noticed on BBC iplayer click this week there is a Rogue 1 special looking at ILM. Not watched it yet but sure it's worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08gmjqz/click-rogue-one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom