Latest Modern Acquisitions

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Got this from the Mrs at Christmas. Will go nicely in my anything Yoda focus.

IMG_5515.JPG

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes pretty big. I don't just stick to vintage for it, literally anything that is Yoda or has Yoda in the packaging goes in to the collection. I did a limelight on here a while ago but need to update it as have added to it and imageshack have shut my account so some pictures have gone.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
adampbooth said:
Picked up these from the local Aldi last night.
Never seen them before but there were about 7-8 different figures available.
I've compared the trooper to my black series figure and it's lass than a centimetre smaller and not quite as good quality. But much bigger and more detailed than the 3.75 range.
Second pic added to show scale...

2016-12-23 08.46.46.jpg

Cheers for the tip off, they have a Han original in that £6.99 range at Aldi, ripped him out of the box and he's on display in the Han focus.. really poor quality close up/in hand, but in the display cabinet he looks great. Funny how the blaster is moulded as part of the figures hand and not removable.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Last one from Forbidden Planet Cov.
The head sculpt is a lot better than some recent photos I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_20170103_171806.jpg
    IMG_20170103_171806.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 737

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Went to a local toy fair the other day and picked up this miss-card, as I have always had a soft spot for bendems, thought it may be quite rare, until I checked e-bay and saw loads, only a fiver though, what semi vintage can you buy for a fiver these days :D

Attachments

• DSCF0564.JPG
    DSCF0564.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 741

grinchy

Sith Lord
The leia figure is cool, glad they brought out that version of the princess, the head sculpt isn't great but it'll do.
Nice bendems figures, I have a soft spot for them to, love the cardart for them, nice miscard to, I have quite a few now, as you say cheap as chips

Sean1Sgaming

Youngling
Picked up these beauties from my local Asda last week. Starting to really like the black series stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 710

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Picked this up today, taken me a couple of weeks to finally source one from my local comic shop. Might be the start of a slippery road into Pop figures!!

Attachments

• IMG_5553.JPG
    IMG_5553.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 665

Russ J

Jedi Master
Picked up a few more pieces over the last couple of weeks....

Got this from Chiffy,quiet a hard figure to find especially a good condition one....

TPM%20PIC%2017_zps9pqv9cc1.jpg

Picked this up from Amazon for a very cheap price,I haven't bought much off Amazon so I took a gamble as the photo was a stock photo...The cardback and bubble are in great condition 8)

ROTS%20PIC%2020_zps707cotir.jpg

Picked this up off Ebay,again cardback and bubble are in great shape...

ROTS%20PIC%2021_zpsll1z6ste.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great pick ups guys, is that a hot toys trooper? very nice, not a fan of pop figures, but I can see the appeal, and nice figure pickups mate, in great condition

chiffy

Sith Lord
Nipped to Asda's to pick up a Rey costume for my 8 year old daughter reduced to £3!!!! And found this beaut on the shelf reduced to £4.50 :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
Nice rebels pickup mate, have only seen a couple of the leia episodes very cool they brought her into it
Heres todays mailcall, a wicket bendems, (I know I know I just like them :D )
ghost of obiwan needed a boxed version found it on ebay for 6 quid delivered that'll do me
And my first bargain of the year, unmasked kylo won it for £2.70 of the bay plus 3 quid postage
IMG_20170120_135652_zps6jgbim4b.jpg

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Luv the bendem really need there own thread because there so cool

just two pickups lately more choosy with modern now a-days picked up the bossk not a fan of the mash ups but well its bossk at smiths for I think £4:50 and the rey in aldi for £4.95 picked it up as I miss read the price thought it was £2.95 even at that price I did not pick any of the others up as they did not appeal to me, but under a fiver was ok for Ray

Attachments

• DSCF0565.JPG
    DSCF0565.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 619

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
chiffy said:
Never seen an ewok bendem Grinchy! The combined hatred for bendems and ewoks all rolled into 1! :mrgreen:

You can't hate bendems they are special, the jury is out on ewoks :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah leave the bendems alone :D personally I never minded the ewoks, but I get why people don't
Nice bossk figure and I've seen the boxed figures, got about five or six of the earlier wave they did, not picked up this later wave yet, they were at 6.99 in aldi, which to me for what they are is a bit pricey

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
grinchy said:
Yeah leave the bendems alone :D personally I never minded the ewoks, but I get why people don't
Nice bossk figure and I've seen the boxed figures, got about five or six of the earlier wave they did, not picked up this later wave yet, they were at 6.99 in aldi, which to me for what they are is a bit pricey

When I took the ray out to display I was disappointed how hollow, thin cheap plastic it was more like some cheap 70's bubble bath container, with no articulation to the mid arms wrists or the legs, very bad Hasbro, as the teachers report used to say, you must try harder, more like a bootleg, no they probably would have articulated the legs :x :) not worth the £5 more like £3

Latest posts

Top Bottom