The LEGO Corner

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I said I was never going to do it but the allure of Lego has become too much and I have caved in and bought my first Star Wars Lego - the Droid Escape Pod, Hoth Attack and Carbon Freezing Chamber. I love these, they're from the OT, they're not too big and they were on special in Sainsbury's :D

I was beaking that Ewok Village in Smyths yesterday Simon, ****ing amazing! And comes with **** loads of figures. Have been looking at SW Lego on ebay the last few days. I can't believe how much is available, it's mental.

bobskins

Padawan
Robstyley said:
I said I was never going to do it but the allure of Lego has become too much and I have caved in and bought my first Star Wars Lego - the Droid Escape Pod, Hoth Attack and Carbon Freezing Chamber. I love these, they're from the OT, they're not too big and they were on special in Sainsbury's :D

I was beaking that Ewok Village in Smyths yesterday Simon, ****ing amazing! And comes with **** loads of figures. Have been looking at SW Lego on ebay the last few days. I can't believe how much is available, it's mental.

It's a slippery slope. All the vintage figures I want now are mega money so I started putting together a set of episodes 456 minifigures. That has turned into buying sets, promo sets etc. If you haven't seen it already, there is a site called Bricklink (http://www.bricklink.com) which has an inventory of pretty much every LEGO thing ever!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Robstyley said:

The village is awesome. If you can get it, do, before it starts going for stupid money on eBay.

It's like the Kenner ewok village but with some great additions 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
bobskins said:
Robstyley said:

It's a slippery slope. All the vintage figures I want now are mega money so I started putting together a set of episodes 456 minifigures. That has turned into buying sets, promo sets etc. If you haven't seen it already, there is a site called Bricklink (http://www.bricklink.com) which has an inventory of pretty much every LEGO thing ever!!

Cheers, I'll have a look at that. Be interested to see all the SW sets made.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Robstyley said:

The village is awesome. If you can get it, do, before it starts going for stupid money on eBay.

It's like the Kenner ewok village but with some great additions 8)

I'd love to get one but I'd want to open it and build it and it's very big and a lot of money. So cool though 8)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Just have to say, if you can grab the Ewok village. It is a fantastic model, unlike many Lego 'play sets' it is fully formed, great features and figures, it is spectacular. I'm lips my to have the bunker play set from back in 2012 I think it was and some of the smaller sets so I have all of them on a shelf.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
OK, more of a brag than a Lego post but my entry in the Brickset 'Whats missing' SW Lego build completion actually won 3rd place, pretty chuffed about that, there were a lot of good entires.
http://brickset.com/article/26170/star-wars-competition-winners

Attachments

• 30596910302_23f5f6fb27_b.jpg
    30596910302_23f5f6fb27_b.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 554

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well done Matt, the set looks amazing and I'd definitely pick one up if they ever made it.

Ian

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Thanks, worth looking throu all the entries, here are some great looking models, many would make it as formal models which is a bit of a sad indictment on Lego. I get that they have limits etc. But some of the scenes/vehicles offered up here really should get a run in production. The winning Tie Bomber is fantastic.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Love this thread, thought I would post my small run of factory sealed mini Star Wars play sets.

Think I got them around 1999? :?

IMG_2699_zpsgyjud70u.jpg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I loved some of those mini sets. The two Jabbas Palace sets where from 2003 and specifically designed to clip into either side of the larger #4480 Jabbas Palaces set. If you have the 'wings' you have to get the main set. I remember running all over London to get these, finally finding them in Harrods and getting all three for something like £40, fantastic price concidering the pieces and figures and of course the first ever Lego 'slave Leia'.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
I loved some of those mini sets. The two Jabbas Palace sets where from 2003 and specifically designed to clip into either side of the larger #4480 Jabbas Palaces set. If you have the 'wings' you have to get the main set. I remember running all over London to get these, finally finding them in Harrods and getting all three for something like £40, fantastic price concidering the pieces and figures and of course the first ever Lego 'slave Leia'.

Yeah thanks I thought it might have been a bit later than 1999! Think my sister gave them to me for Christmas one year. :D

mumbo

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
OK, more of a brag than a Lego post but my entry in the Brickset 'Whats missing' SW Lego build completion actually won 3rd place, pretty chuffed about that, there were a lot of good entires.
http://brickset.com/article/26170/star-wars-competition-winners

Congratulations, looks fantastic 8)

Have to agree that Tie Bomber looks the bomb 8)

There are definitely some master builders out there :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I built my first ever bit of Star Wars lego last night with my daughter. It was the Reys speeder from The Force Awakens. Absolutely loved it and I couldn't believe how many pieces there were and how detailed it was. So cleverly designed. We had a blast, I think I'm hooked! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom