Modern collection thread

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Inspired by Russ J's photos of his modern collection I thought I'd take some pics of my few POTF2 figs. :D

I had the complete run of modern figs from 95 up 04 but I got sick of the whole Hasbro thing and I couldn't keep up. I sold it all off including the elusive final European wave of POTF2 figs. These cards were also called Long Picture/Photo Cards and sported a Monologo rather than a Trilogo symbol. There was 9 altogether but in the UK they had a limited release, more available in France, Germany etc. It was easier to import cases of US/Canadian POTF2 by this time so the distribution was pretty poor over here. In fact I only ever saw Ackbar and Luke Bespin at retail here. It took me years to get them all including picking Weequay up in Australia when I was travelling! In recent years after getting back in to collecting I took up the challenge and hunted the same wave down. Again, its taken me years!

The cards have different photos from their US counterparts and are quite attractive as a variation. Anyway, here they are for you modern collectors

PS The only one missing is Luke Bespin which is ironically the easiest figure to find but I just haven't found a good enough mint example for grading yet.

P1020660_zpssfwg5lni.jpg

P1020661_zpsqmbe2ziy.jpg

P1020665_zpsnmr1mcbw.jpg

P1020664_zpsze79iqyp.jpg

P1020663_zpsyepqiwqi.jpg

P1020666_zpshmbxavix.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dude! Those are epic! Weirdly enough I saw a US listing with some of these (poor condition) and I wondered WTF they were as I have no memory of them at all. Despite the condition I was still tempted, though.

Having got back into the POTF line (FFs only ATM) I would very much like to complete a run of these. Any pointers as to what to expect to pay? I take it eBay is the best place to hunt them down?

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Some great piccies!
I really liked the POTF2 range when they first came out, but couldn't quite understand the muscles on the first wave or two of the range.
I kinda kept up with them and then lost track completely through the onslaught that came with episode 1, so find myself picking them off bit by bit nowadays. :)

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Luke Bespin and Ackbar are quite easy to find. Most stalls selling old POTF2 at fairs will have them for 3 - 10 quid depending on condition mixed in with the earlier Trilogo stuff. The rest are difficult to find. I think the problem is sellers maybe don't know what they have and tend to never really describe them very well, meaning finding them on Ebay is difficult - as well as getting decent condition ones. I got pretty lucky, I found someone selling 3 mint cards for 50 quid together a few years ago. The rest I've just had to be patient and pick them up when they come up. Save searches for Euro monologo, euro LPC etc and they will turn up.

Incidentally, I didn't get them graded all at once or anything. Because there was months between finding these figs I did it one at a time over a few years to spread the cost. I moved last year and I'm only just getting the SW out on display :D

Russ J

Jedi Master
That's a great line there mate 8) ...I were the same towards the end of the POTF 2 line,Hasbro just kept on releasing and it got a bit too much financially to keep up so I kinda slowed down a lot with collecting.
..when I were collecting them I were just buying basically what I didn't have rather than buying card variants and the like it was when it got to the point I'd got all there was on the pegs that I started buying card variants

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Nice mix of modern and vintage can even see the classic bendem's lurking at the back :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, as for the bendems, yeah they are a guilty pleasure of mine, love the artwork on them
have a few of them now hope to pick up some more in the new year

Russ J

Jedi Master
I echo what's been said 8) ....a great mix of vintage and modern mate....I could spend hours just looking at a display like that and I wish I had all mine on display instead of in boxes in the loft :( ...still maybe one day the wife will allow :oops: :lol:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, yeah your own space is a must to display your stuff, I had to wait till my daughter moved out to go to uni, :D
I enjoy pottering round in the room changing the display now and then, and just sitting there taking it all in, hope you get your own space eventually

chiffy

Sith Lord
Great viewing Grinchy me old marra! Keep up the good work guys, saves me looking at the missus :mrgreen:

grinchy

Sith Lord
I decided to leave my small tree up as part of the display, it'll hold only star wars decorations, bit crammed in there but it'll do
DSC_0036_zpstj5ewynd.jpg

Also a pic of my autograph wall
cropped_zpsjssjlq53.jpg

coomber75

Sith Lord
Hi guys found a lot of stuff id firgotten about in the loft... With this modern stuff is there anything i should be looking out for??

Attachments

• DSC_0789.JPG
    DSC_0789.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC_0788.JPG
    DSC_0788.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC_0787.JPG
    DSC_0787.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 665
  • DSC_0786.JPG
    DSC_0786.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC_0785.JPG
    DSC_0785.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC_0783.JPG
    DSC_0783.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC_0780.JPG
    DSC_0780.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 664

grinchy

Sith Lord
Best bet is to take detailed pics of what you have, make a separate thread, then I'm sure you'll get some bites, I know a couple of the guys collect phantom menace figures, you might have something they need, good luck with it

jonbon07

Padawan
Are you interested in adding to your collection I have a lot carded and boxed from.1995 can supply full list. Or ask if any your after I may have them?

jonbon07

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Dude! Those are epic! Weirdly enough I saw a US listing with some of these (poor condition) and I wondered WTF they were as I have no memory of them at all. Despite the condition I was still tempted, though.

Having got back into the POTF line (FFs only ATM) I would very much like to complete a run of these. Any pointers as to what to expect to pay? I take it eBay is the best place to hunt them down?

I have a vast collection from 1995 -2010 if interested I can send you a list

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom