Palitoy 41 Back List Rarest to the Most Common?

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
People in the UK have been seriously collecting Palitoys for over 25 years and not one example of a carded Dengar or even a single card back has ever turned up then I think we have to say no.

But you never you know. :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
mr_palitoy said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

Does a Cardback exist for it?

Thanks

I have a word of mouth report. No actual picture for it.

Cheers Jason

From unreliable sources no doubt.

No, from sources I trust word of mouth on. Wouldn't have put them on the matrix otherwise.

Seems the rarer the card/item the more protective people are about sharing. Just the way things are.

Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
How hard is it to take a picture and what difference does it really make?

Rather than just taking, why not give a bit back to the community. I'm sorry to have to say, but some people are selfish w@%kers.

Unless you have photographic evidence I don't think you should acknowledge its existence.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
How hard is it to take a picture and what difference does it really make?

Rather than just taking, why not give a bit back to the community. I'm sorry to have to say, but some people are selfish w@%kers.

Unless you have photographic evidence I don't think you should acknowledge its existence.

Seems very common with the rarer stuff for collectors to be protective about it. Rather than leaving gaps on the matrix I chose to fill the entries in where trusted sources had seen examples or knew of their existence.

A lot of of the 30bs for the first 20 charceters are like that. It's the same 6 figures that come up and have been seen via pictures.

Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Surely then they should be question marks rather than crosses on your matrix or am I looking at the wrong thing??

maxf

Jedi Master
It seems to me that if the many collectors who will share haven't seen a cardback, and 1 person says that have but won't share a photo (could be mistaken, very private or even lying) then it should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Surely then they should be question marks rather than crosses on your matrix or am I looking at the wrong thing??

I've put crosses because I trust the sources the information came from. The ?'s are a throwback from the original palitoy.org matrix.

Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Andyclarke said:

I've put crosses because I trust the sources the information came from. The ?'s are a throwback from the original palitoy.org matrix.

Jason

Maybe you're just a lot nicer and more trusting than us cynical old bastards! :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Listen this collector who will remain nameless for the time being refused to show me a picture privately :!: Now we have known each other since the mid/late 90s and he knows I am and always have been a serious collector.
Therefore I take the statement of the existence of a Palitoy 41 Dengar cardback with an enormous pinch of salt :!: :!:

maxf

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
Listen this collector who will remain nameless for the time being refused to show me a picture privately :!: Now we have known each other since the mid/late 90s and he knows I am and always have been a serious collector.
Therefore I take the statement of the existence of a Palitoy 41 Dengar cardback with an enormous pinch of salt :!: :!:

I understand not wanting to send a photo around - you lose control. What I don't get is not showing people it on your phone when you see them in person (not you Jon, obvs).

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Personally I love the mystery of it all, does it exist? Doesn't it exist? I think the mystery of not knowing whether something exists makes it all the more exciting and appealing like the Yeti, Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster and of course aliens. Maybe the guy hasn't shown the picture because once he does the mystery is gone. Hypothetically If someone could tell you categorically that the figure never existed on a card would you want to know?

Thanks

Starzone

Padawan
Wasn't going to comment here and know I shouldn't but I'm constantly and more so recently getting my balls busted from a few people I considered friends and who I thought after I'd spent so long in the hobby my word would be enough. Fortunately I'd like to think most people know me as a stand up guy ....

The unreliable source of the Dengar is me...I do have a 41 back Dengar, one of two I've seen. Whether the "palitoy experts" believe me then that's up to them and I can accept that. I'd probably be sceptical without proof but I definitely never rule anything out and get great excitement out of the new discoveries made in the hobby Let's say it doesn't exist and all move as it's getting a bit boring now......I honestly wish I'd never mentioned it

All I was trying to do when mentioning it years ago was be helpful, friendly but it's now become a tool to be attacked and bullied with because I won't share a pic. I had a dream a few years ago to produce a book on all UK SW toys and Memorabila and may still do that at some point.

Never been one to show the collection off, quite a shy person actually, and also being in the business for 25 years you'd be shocked to hear how many insurance companies contact me to value stolen collections, infact most of my best Palitoy carded items came from long time friend Jim Stevenson who sold them after he was heartbroken when burgled in the mid 90s.

Issues like this pop up from time to time, over the years many people have told me certain figures do and do not exist. Read a post from Jason Smith back in 2006 where he stated Chewbacca does not exist on 30 Back card which I knew for a fact did.....so thought I'd display one at The Palitoy Archive in 2007. I guess because it was not seen before that it did not exist and if I'd not taken it then it would still not exist as I don't think another or even a backing card has surfaced......

Just two weeks ago I visited a friend who has the most amazing Palitoy 30 back Luke Farmboy.....the only one I have ever seen. But I guess because it's not been posted on a forum or in a clique does not exist.

Sorry Jason Mr Palitoy you've come in for a bit of stick for this, will see you in a few weeks at Celebration and will produce a pic for you over a beer so you can feel confident your Matrix is correct.

Peace, happy collecting Darren

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Starzone said:
Wasn't going to comment here and know I shouldn't but I'm constantly and more so recently getting my balls busted from a few people I considered friends and who I thought after I'd spent so long in the hobby my word would be enough. Fortunately I'd like to think most people know me as a stand up guy ....

The unreliable source of the Dengar is me...I do have a 41 back Dengar, one of two I've seen. Whether the "palitoy experts" believe me then that's up to them and I can accept that. I'd probably be sceptical without proof but I definitely never rule anything out and get great excitement out of the new discoveries made in the hobby Let's say it doesn't exist and all move as it's getting a bit boring now......I honestly wish I'd never mentioned it

All I was trying to do when mentioning it years ago was be helpful, friendly but it's now become a tool to be attacked and bullied with because I won't share a pic. I had a dream a few years ago to produce a book on all UK SW toys and Memorabila and may still do that at some point.

Never been one to show the collection off, quite a shy person actually, and also being in the business for 25 years you'd be shocked to hear how many insurance companies contact me to value stolen collections, infact most of my best Palitoy carded items came from long time friend Jim Stevenson who sold them after he was heartbroken when burgled in the mid 90s.

Issues like this pop up from time to time, over the years many people have told me certain figures do and do not exist. Read a post from Jason Smith back in 2006 where he stated Chewbacca does not exist on 30 Back card which I knew for a fact did.....so thought I'd display one at The Palitoy Archive in 2007. I guess because it was not seen before that it did not exist and if I'd not taken it then it would still not exist as I don't think another or even a backing card has surfaced......

Just two weeks ago I visited a friend who has the most amazing Palitoy 30 back Luke Farmboy.....the only one I have ever seen. But I guess because it's not been posted on a forum or in a clique does not exist.

Sorry Jason Mr Palitoy you've come in for a bit of stick for this, will see you in a few weeks at Celebration and will produce a pic for you over a beer so you can feel confident your Matrix is correct.

Peace, happy collecting Darren

Hi Darren, obviously it would be lovely to see a pic of it. But I don't need one to be confident of it's entry on my palitoy matrix. Testimony from yourself and other trusted collectors like Dave Tree (who is acknowledged for info on the rarer cardbacks on my guide) is more than enough for me to have confidence in a matrix entry on my guide. The entries wouldn't be there otherwise. I have 30b Luke Farmboy on my guide too. I think the only first 12 on 30b I have missing now is Sand People.

Have had thoughts about a Palitoy guide book myself, it would be the next logical step after I finish my full palitoy star wars guide.

I understand the mentality of wanting to keep rare items special, and that by publishing a photo you are to a certain extent giving it to everyone. The only pic of a Trilogo Y-wing out there is very heavily watermarked, thats one way to prevent people from taking ownership.

I also understand the mentality of collectors who won't believe something exists until they can see it themselves. I got quite a hard time back in the day for saying the Palitoy VCJ was real when all we had were some opened examples, one of which I bought. Quite often they will belittle or ridicule the information source without the concrete proof, as you can see from some of the responses I've had on here.

Anyways it will be great to hang out at Celebration. Looking forward to it!

cheers Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I've had some incredibly rare pieces over the years and have always been happy to share pictures because in my opinion it's the nice (and right) thing to do. Surely that's what a forum is about, a community of like minded collectors, sharing stories, pictures, knowledge and generally helping each other out.
At the end of the day we would all love to see a picture of a 41 back Palitoy Dengar and I think Jason has provided the perfect solution by suggesting the owner watermarks it, therefore still having control over the picture and any future copies. This particular piece has been discussed on numerous occasions.
With any rare piece if you've told no one, then fair enough it's a secret, but if you've told selected people, effectively the piece exists, then it isn't really a secret so surely if longstanding collectors are questioning its existence the next logical step is to post a pic (watermarked!) to prove it and satisfy our curiosity. I'm sorry Darren but it does come across as a bit arrogant and selfish, don't you think?
Just my opinion.

BTW I don't really think Jason has been on the end of any stick, certainly not from me. I very much value his Palitoy matrix and the knowledge and pictures he has shared over the years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom