TT MOCs getting good prices again on eBay?

stormcab

Sith Lord
Spotted a Palitoy AT-AT Driver (looking for my focus). High grade, no good photos to look for TT signs, no mention of possible TT. Checked his sold listings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ashtonfra...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Has 3 possibles in there - Bossk, TFP, AT-AT Driver. Again no mention of TT, photo that don't show much. All 3 sold quite well. Probably would have been 30% more if Kenners, but these are some good prices, and I'm wondering if it's starting to be forgotten about, especially newer collectors who probably think they're getting a steal?

Also, the seller has 100% feedback, so that not only shows no one has discovered a MOC he has sold is a TT, but it will give people reassurance of "well 100% feedback, so all his listings must be legit"

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wasn't the AT AT driver that sold tonight the same one that sold on the 6 January?
I think that someone on here has already questioned the Tie fighter pilot, was told it was a TT and was looking at returning it.

stormcab

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
That Yoda :shock: How did I miss that?? Noooooooooooo!

Not up to speed on Yodas. What's the story with this one? Don't worry, I've no interest in the figure so won't be competing with you lol.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Not up to speed on Yodas. What's the story with this one? Don't worry, I've no interest in the figure so won't be competing with you lol.

Toni had 85 of those German yoda cards. There are 2 different bubble types that are readily available both with orange and brown snake. Neither bubble type matches the imprint on my used cardback and I haven't seen one with a price sticker or wear to indicate it was shop sold yet.

Jason

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
stormcab said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Toni had 85 of those German yoda cards. There are 2 different bubble types that are readily available both with orange and brown snake. Neither bubble type matches the imprint on my used cardback and I haven't seen one with a price sticker or wear to indicate it was shop sold yet.

Jason

Interesting stuff, mate, thanks. To be honest I didn't think Yoda was on the list at all so just as well I missed it. That said for £147 I think that was a reasonable price even for a TT. When a loose Yoda in decent condition it costing up to £40 on it's own and that card back must be worth a few quid even after Toni has messed it up.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Has anybody else noticed that Toni has been selling more loose individual weapons recently? He also recently sold this Luke Bespin, which is exactly the same as all the carded ones he was selling (same COO, hair/weapon colours etc.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252743373778

lejackal

Grand Master
Next month cardbacks? :lol:

Did he buy overstock figures as well as the cards and bubbles then?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
lejackal said:

He did, but he carded up all his overstock a long time ago. Then he started buying up loose mint figures off ebay and from dealers etc...

Jason

lejackal

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
lejackal said:

He did, but he carded up all his overstock a long time ago. Then he started buying up loose mint figures off ebay and from dealers etc...

Jason
So he's unlikely to trip himself up revealing a ton of new evidence to pursue a case against him then

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As the Jeff baggies posts have proved, having hard evidence doesn't help bring people to justice much either :lol:

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Has anybody else noticed that Toni has been selling more loose individual weapons recently? He also recently sold this Luke Bespin, which is exactly the same as all the carded ones he was selling (same COO, hair/weapon colours etc.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252743373778

I noticed this as well , he must still have a few overstock figures kicking about ? Luke bespins and jedi knight Luke's ?

indianawars

Sith Lord
These prices are mostly likely giving Toni ideas on restarting his MOC making enterprise again. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he started knocking them out again using a different account to shift them. He could probably sell them under the title as TT MOC concidering how people are willing to pay these prices.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
If he has left overs, I think they would be worth more without having figures ironed onto them, bearing in mind that they are genuine cards anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom