Amstrad CPC 464 computer wanted!

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Just on the off chance one of you fellas have one kicking about in the loft you want rid of, I'd be interested. My girlfriend will probably kill me as space is limited and I'm sure she'd be puzzled as to why I was forking out for a computer older than me. But I had sooo much fun in the early 90s as a kid playing some of the games whilst all my pals had their nintendos and megadrives. It was only recently after an old friend tagged me on facebook in a post about the game 'paperboy' and how he played it when he came over to mine on 'the old computer that took twenty minutes to load' that I realised that part of my childhood was missing.

Honestly have no idea on prices, (I haven't even checked ebay yet) but I'm guessing they go for more than a fiver which was the price last time I bought one back in 1999 along with a joblot of vinyl records off a carboot. Deffo one of my all time best bargains!
I only bought it because I accidently got a penny stuck in the tape deck of the previous one, being a moronic child.

So if anyone has one, give me a shout!

pmsbull

Jedi Master
I dont have an Amstrad , but DO have a Spectrum and lots of games - including Paperboy, if interested ?

MarkG

Jedi Master
Spectrums are all the rage again and so much can be done with them now... upgrade ram, SD card compatability... get one of those.. not a CPC.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I had that Amstrad, good memories, would probably seem awful now though.

This was my game of choice:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmdmZEIMGZw

and this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4teEpK37tAg

starshipriot

Jedi Master
MarkG said:
Spectrums are all the rage again and so much can be done with them now... upgrade ram, SD card compatability... get one of those.. not a CPC.

pmsbull said:
I dont have an Amstrad , but DO have a Spectrum and lots of games - including Paperboy, if interested ?

I had a ZX spectrum vega for a while which let me play all the roms, but it just fell short of everything I had and loved with the amstrad, and most games that I liked that were on the speccy were also on the amstrad as well. Though I wouldn't be opposed to adding a spectrum to my retro gaming gaming collection, Amstrads seem to be a lot cheaper than spectrums as I dont think theres the demand for 'em.

sparkysx said:
I had that Amstrad, good memories, would probably seem awful now though.

This was my game of choice:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmdmZEIMGZw

and this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4teEpK37tAg

Never played the Batman but distinctly remember the other! I never got very far with it though! Oh man that takes me back!

pmsbull

Jedi Master
No probs mate. I note you say "retro gaming collection".

I have quite a collcetion of ps 1 & ps 2 games if you are loking for anything.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I have a little retro computer room with:-

Amiga 600
Nintendo Super Famicom
Nintendo N64
PS2
PS3

and also a Panasonic CRT to take advantage of the scanlines!

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Alos have a boxed Sinclair ZX81, the exact one that my parents bought back in the day, I don't use it though and haven't tried, no games or tape deck.

MarkG

Jedi Master
starshipriot said:
I had a ZX spectrum vega for a while which let me play all the roms, but it just fell short of everything I had and loved with the amstrad, and most games that I liked that were on the speccy were also on the amstrad as well. Though I wouldn't be opposed to adding a spectrum to my retro gaming gaming collection, Amstrads seem to be a lot cheaper than spectrums as I dont think theres the demand for 'em.

I bought the Vega when it came out but found it so awkward to use.. I've recently upgraded my 128+2b with +3e Rom chips and the divmmc unit which allows games to be put on a sd card and loaded from there... much the same as the Vega but controlled via the console keyboard or joystick.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
pmsbull said:
No probs mate. I note you say "retro gaming collection".

I have quite a collcetion of ps 1 & ps 2 games if you are loking for anything.

Yup, I have quite a few systems now. Star Wars is a bit pricey for me at the moment so have been picking up games and consoles. So far I have:

Atari 2600
NES
SEGA Master System
SNES
Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced SP
PS1
N64 (Pikachu edition)
PS2
Gamecube
Original Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Nokia N-gage
Retron 5 (plays NES, SNES, MEGA DRIVE, Famicom and Gameboy)

I'm not after too much at the moment for the Ps1 or Ps2, just a handful of games though not sure what offhand as I have so many! I will have a look what I am after and get back to you mate. Only thing I can think of I want at the moment is Fallout Brotherhood of Steel for the Ps2 but there are definitely more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom