Think I've just about had it with ebay!

sparkysx

Sith Lord
So I won a bid for a 'Black' lol Luke stormy blaster and look what I was sent!

It has been sent back today, I asked him if he held it up to the light and he said "of course I did it looked black to me"

To be fair to him, he accepted my return straight away so I won't have to tarnish his 100% positive, but it's all hassle nonetheless. :roll:

Lindo

Sith Lord
It was me you bought it off and what a relief you wont have to tarnish my 100% feedback, like I said in our emails I did hold it up to the light and yes it looks black to me specially once I compared it to others I had, It didn't even occur to me to put it on a torch but you live and learn I spose, mistakes happen and yes it is a ball ache having to send it back (which wont cost you by the way) I believe I have done everything expected of me to correct my mistake!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Glad it all worked out but it does look black and what should happen under light for future reference, should no light pass through it?

Ian

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Yes no light should pass through it and there should be zero blue, if there is any blue then it's not a true black Luke Stormtrooper Blaster, it's just an imperial blaster. I didn't have to put it on a torch to see the blue, I could see it in my hand, and even more so held up against the window, I only put it on the torch for the picture.
We all discussed this a few years back, think it was in 2014.

I wouldn't of said anything on here if I knew the seller was a member here (which I did not), but I have had a really **** week with ebay, 4 things have gone wrong including this, the worst being I won a vintage Tamiya Celica for £150, it was mint, then the seller said that he knocked it off the table and broke it, then relisted it, with the same pictures and a slightly different description. I've got a few Tamiya cars to sell on ebay and then I'm only using it for minor things, like glue and batteries or whatever!

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Haha just shined the torch to my Luke stormtrooper blaster that was sold to me as black and it's blue/black

I got the figure for an ok price a few years back so no big deal but wouldn't be happy if I just paid a premium for it

Palifan

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
Yes no light should pass through it and there should be zero blue, if there is any blue then it's not a true black Luke Stormtrooper Blaster, it's just an imperial blaster. I didn't have to put it on a torch to see the blue, I could see it in my hand, and even more so held up against the window, I only put it on the torch for the picture.
We all discussed this a few years back, think it was in 2014.

I wouldn't of said anything on here if I knew the seller was a member here (which I did not), but I have had a really **** week with ebay, 4 things have gone wrong including this, the worst being I won a vintage Tamiya Celica for £150, it was mint, then the seller said that he knocked it off the table and broke it, then relisted it, with the same pictures and a slightly different description. I've got a few Tamiya cars to sell on ebay and then I'm only using it for minor things, like glue and batteries or whatever!

Thanks for the info on the black blaster, no idea what mine is as it's been in storage for years so haven't had a chance to check it. I remember trying to get a Taiwan Boba Fett blaster a few years ago and starting a whole thread about it and I still have no idea if I have one :lol: .

When I finally get back to my collection the main thing I'm going to keep my eye out for is one of those metallic blasters, that would be a nice find. I was also lucky to get a Palitoy 30 back Boba Fett reseal some years ago and found out a year later that the Boba Fett that came with it is the painted head version. Sometimes it pays to just collect things and wait for new information to come out and see if you've got something really special, I wonder how many people have red bar R5's in their collection that they don't even know about.

Ian

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I did actually have a black luke stormy blaster, but sold it very cheap to jasdev when I had lost the bug a bit, regret that now lol!

Will see if I have a picture floating about. Mine came with a Luke Stormtrooper from my childhood, but the figure got all but destroyed by my sisters kids, they still have the remnants of him somewhere, not sure I want to see it though!

Droopy

Padawan
I've been after one of these for ages and have had to return several that the sellers genuinely believed to be the true solid black version, it's an easy mistake to make.

Once you have found the correct mould (check TIG) then the best advice I have had to confirm colour (given to me by aussiejames who is the authority) is to compare against other true black SW accessories, like leia boush & zuckuss rifles, ackbar staff, black palace blaster etc. You will see straight away if there is a colour difference. I found this one recently which is confirmed as genuine

Attachments

• IMG_4473.PNG
    IMG_4473.PNG
    142.8 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_4477.PNG
    IMG_4477.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 340

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Thall Joben from the Droids program also came with a solid black blaster, I think one or two others from Droids did aswell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom