Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

lejackal

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?
TAKE COVER!!!

I suppose it depends on when the card was purchased, I don't know what these were sold for originally in the nineties and early 2000s but any purchased then must now be worth more given recent price rises. The opposite must be true of any purchased as high grade AFA examples later on.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Andyclarke said:
Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?
TAKE COVER!!!

I suppose it depends on when the card was purchased, I don't know what these were sold for originally in the nineties and early 2000s but any purchased then must now be worth more given recent price rises. The opposite must be true of any purchased as high grade AFA examples later on.

Haha. Just throwing out for opinions.

Good point. Maybe anybody who purchased ungraded and held on would probably at least get their money back. He started selling graded. Maybe a lot here have lost money though I've seen AFA90 grade Fett's go recently for £1000.

maxf

Jedi Master
Andyclarke said:
lejackal said:
Andyclarke said:
TAKE COVER!!!

Haha. Just throwing out for opinions.

Good point. Maybe anybody who purchased ungraded and held on would probably at least get their money back. He started selling graded. Maybe a lot here have lost money though I've seen AFA90 grade Fett's go recently for £1000.

In terms of his sale price, you're right - but the damage done to aftermarket buyers, especially those who were chasing the 90 grades must still be huge.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
He sold them fairly cheap at the time, I can remember his Palitoy C-3PO's were £40, Luke Bespin and Snowtrooper were £60, and the German ESB figures were around £100 each.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I always felt back in the day his prices were more than reasonable for c9.5 carded figures. I wonder if there was a slither of guilt that prevented him from charging more. I know for a fact just 7 years ago Andy K paid £30 for C3POs and £40 for HSTs, £85 for Bossks and £230 for Tie Pilots in bulk. Andy is getting at least £100 each on the Jedi stuff and £150 on the Bossks despite having the disclaimer on each auction. The only ones that perhaps have gone down are the Tie Pilots, and he only charge high because he was running out of those.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
His trilogos are in ridiculous condition. :shock: Why does he have to be the seller. Also I've been searching Trilogos on eBay recently and these diden't show, either me or him being a muppet. :?

Armand78

Padawan
Like I said in another post about sabres, I bought 3 sabres off him, returning 2. I wasnt sure about the 2 (non lettered), they weren't like any other in my collection. He said he got them in the late 80s with a bunch of overstock.

However, I would really love to know where people buy their Luke Farmboy sabres with tips. 30 -35 quid seems to be the minimum I can get one for.

I live in NI in a rural community so I have little to no chance of picking these up anywhere other than facebook (get snapped up in seconds) or ebay. And 30 -35 is the going rate.

If there is somewhere else then please, for the love of God, let me know!!

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Another interesting question I have been wondering lately is whether AFA has recently graded any Toy Tonis after they have been made aware of this issue and said they would stop grading them. That is, I wonder if any have slipped through. Clearly they haven't done what they said they would do and create a special category / marking for these. But if they also have been negligent and let some slip through..........

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Ross_Barr said:
Another interesting question I have been wondering lately is whether AFA has recently graded any Toy Tonis after they have been made aware of this issue and said they would stop grading them. That is, I wonder if any have slipped through. Clearly they haven't done what they said they would do and create a special category / marking for these. But if they also have been negligent and let some slip through..........

Ive seen graded examples of cards Toni was known to have which are genuine factory sealed and have been graded by AFA post Tonigate. Haven't seen any examples of them grading something in error post Tonigate yet. But everyone makes mistakes, its bound to happen sooner or later.

Jason

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Looking at his sold list, people appear happy to be paying the crazy prices..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/marsking/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Now he's scraping the bottom of the barrel :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252883042890

Palifan

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Now he's scraping the bottom of the barrel :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252883042890

looks like desperation is starting to creep in and maybe those unused card backs will show up at some point, you need a bit of cash for those tropical holidays!

Ian

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I misread this header and thought times were really tough.

r0785v.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom