Am I missing something, or did I just get lucky?

stormcab

Sith Lord
I've started up an AT-AT Driver focus, and as such am watching all eBay postings of them. I also watch replicas of what I just bought just to see if I got a good deal. What's baffled me is the astounding price 2 41 back E ones have gone for recently, especially after what I paid for mine. Am I missing something?

In December I won a UKG 80 41 Back E AT-AT Driver for £143
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-S...MQuhzhw2cmGhJAlSgdNTY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

An AFA 80 one just sold for nearly £468
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AFA-80-Mo...MQuhzhw2cmGhJAlSgdNTY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and an AFA 85 one just sold for £743
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS...MQuhzhw2cmGhJAlSgdNTY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

itfciain

Grand Master
I would say it highlights the perceived differences between UKG and AFA in terms of value added. Also the sellers come into play here - both in terms of location (more buyers in the US) and also in terms of feedback - your seller has low feedback - last seller is a very well known dealer

stormcab

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
I would say it highlights the perceived differences between UKG and AFA in terms of value added. Also the sellers come into play here - both in terms of location (more buyers in the US) and also in terms of feedback - your seller has low feedback - last seller is a very well known dealer

Good call. I know the guy I bought mine from messed about with this months - listed, pulling, putting in auction then pulling before it ended. People were probably suspicious. Still, I'm very surprised by the AFA ones. Are they really worth that much! 41E come up all the time. There's one listed now, and a couple that sold recently besides these. The UKG one I got was sold in UK, so I would have thought US sellers would have been right up for it with the weak pound? Odd.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with above and also point out it proves if you hold out and wait bargains are to be had.

stormcab

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I agree with above and also point out it proves if you hold out and wait bargains are to be had.

In your opinion don't you also think what those AFA ones are definitely well above what they should be? Looking at several other 80s they've generally been in the £200-250 area. My main query was was this simply a weird spike, or was I missing that my 41E was different to those?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I think you got an amazing deal to be honest mate. To get an AT-AT driver graded 80 on an early card, (ok not a true debut card but some including myself would settle for it as a debut card) for under £150 is pretty amazing in today's market.

The other AFA 80 one was over priced but I would expect to pay £300 for one? :?

Then the other one is straight 85's which collectors have obsession's over, I'm really not suprised by that one.

Also you won yours on a UK auction the other 2 were sold in America which has a much wider audience, which is something to consider. Also something else which many might not agree with, but I find just before Christmas you can pick up some good deals as people have less spare cash and it's a time when collectors who need cash auction there treasures to get some quick Christmas funds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom