Dixie cups ! I love em(updated!)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So something I wanted to share with u guys that brought me lots of joy and hopefully bring some information to me . Well during end of last summer I required these 2 full boxes of Dixies cups . I saw em for sale and decided to Do some research into what the cups looked like inside, with bright cool colours and Crazy mad artwork with so much vintage Star Wars all over them ,I just had to get me some so I brought em!
So These 2 boxes are from the of A New Hope be released i assume and I set about unpacking them ,But quickly noticed that both boxes on one end had come undone. One actually was hanging on for dear life and other just simply holding together from just where time had stayed in place over the years .
I decided to take all the cups out of one box in the order they were stacked in and to lay em all out. I spent a couple of hours just gazing over em and reading each ones description of the character pictured on front. I can't stress enough to those who haven't seen em of how super cool these are.
They have so much going on for such a small item I just love em. Next I decided to set them all out in groups /sets ,to see how many came inside of each picture /character or scene . I had read and assumed that it would contain a few sets but Interestingly I only managed one set and had as less as 2-3 of one character and up to 9-10 of others. I then turned to the second box and did the same to that. This had a few more of some and less then others , quickly proving to me that there was no set order when it came to packing these in the factory. I managed to make up 4 sets between the 2 boxes. Also of note was the promotional leaflet that comes inside these with some kitchen items you can send off for.
Enjoyed these so much I quickly went on the hunt for more examples of the 2 other films .
I manged to pick up 2 X boxes of ESB ones both sealed and will look out for more ESB and ROTJ when I see them come up at good price. So if any of u guys have these in your collection and shed any light on the history of these or about the number of sets in side ( not opened the ESB ) I would be grateful and very much interested!
Cheers! ⚒

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 772
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 779
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 776
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 776
  • image.png
    image.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 777

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Yes agree cardback kid they aren't easy to find this side of the pond. Not that expensive either but always that shipping/tax that bumps the price up a bit sadly. Cheers for the link Micheal sith!

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Hi rob I got a box coming that's unsealed so will check out if any Leia Hoth cups inside for yeh mate
Cheers, Ricky
⚒coyi⚒

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So I was proper pleased with me self this morning when postman delivered this book! It completes my 2 X Dixie (Sw) cups boxes I got few months back. Sent off the coupon on back of box with 2x proof of purchases plus a cheque for £$2.25 for this super punch out and make book. Love this sort of thing Had to share it !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 661
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 653
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 659
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 656

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
This is a seriously cool focus. The art work is tremendous.. I couldn't resist buying a sealed Han/Chewie set and am still considering getting a few loose cups (or at least a Han one) just to enjoy the illustrations even more first hand. That book is the icing on the cake! 8) 8) 8)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Cheers savory100 ,! Yes the book does finish em off nicely ! I'm thinking off doing a weekly post and going through each cup and the figure with it in photos .... Or am I the only one who will enjoy this ?! :D
Cheers ⚒

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
No do it , these remind me of the sunny seventies sure we had these at parties in the uk back then, but it may be a rose tinted false sw memory :)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Well at least that's 2 of us that will enjoy it! Lol. Il start next week by posting up a cup with pictures of picture and description.
:D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to see some of these out the box, Ricky. Always see he boxes listed but never seen what you get. These are very cool indeed. Love that AT-AT box. And great pick up on the punch out book! Can't be many of those buggers about.

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Cheers scruffy! Yes as u say was pleased to actually see what's in a box for once as always sealed up when for sale! Actually once I started to look for the book a saw few for sale but as u can imagine the problem was most were used and who could blame em! I mean as soon as u get the book u just wanna punch them beauties and out get making :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom