Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
SOJ said:
So it that for sure the only baggy type that came with that mailer?

UNCONFIRMED - there was a later multi figure mail in offer during the ROTJ era, when the toy line was in decline, Dengar was offered,though no confirmed example exists to check, though it is considered (speculation) that the Palitoy-a or b baggie were sent out in a plain white mailer box without a code,like it's earlier ESB era counterpart, also many were sold off as dead stock & offered via the QVC shopping channel in a grey padded envelope, these were Palitoy-a baggies - this info is awaiting inclusion on the guide.

Very sorry for the delayed reply, had not spotted it SOJ :oops:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
major update to the baggie guide with the inclusion of all known meccano red sticker (free figure offer).

Also a few exclusions, soon to be many more due to new thoughts on recent events, so at least Mr Glanville has done us a service - making us a hell of a lot more critical & vigilant :? :|

Also will be adding a new Keneer classification (SW-f) & others soon to follow as well as a new U.S /Canadian issued baggies guide - a work in progress, a link to it will be added to the first post of the main baggie guide soon as work begins :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Star Wars era baggies just done on the new kenner baggies guide, with 2 reclassified baggies added to the mix as well as some nice close ups of the font styles, please do have a look & let me know your thoughts folks -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32744

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great work on this Frank, do you ever sleep :eek:

The close up on the fonts, just shows how small differences can make a difference, a cursory glance is not enough :!:
Fantastic work bud, brilliant reference for baggie boys :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Great work on this Frank, do you ever sleep :eek:

The close up on the fonts, just shows how small differences can make a difference, a cursory glance is not enough :!:
Fantastic work bud, brilliant reference for baggie boys :D

You get enough sleep when you're dead mate ;)

Thanks for the input buddy, be nice to get a few opinions on the general layout & format it's presented in, hope everyone finds it easy enough to navigate & it shows ok on tablets & mobiles etc

Be great to get a little feedback on it, as I can only improve it if I know there's a problem folks.

momike

Jedi Master
Looking good frank ; )

Just thought that i would add that dengar did come with a PALITOY b (mihk) baggie in the same box above guess you could call it a transitional baggie as from then on they used PALITOY b baggies on ackbar and 4 lom which were the next mailers to be promoted after dengar

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Frank more great work as always on the baggie front(s) I don't know how you get all the time nevermind make sense of it all :lol:

Well done though and im sure will be of great help and use to many collectors.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Reading through some of the recent additional work Frank, massively informative.

The Fakes section on Heat sealed and Tape sealed " what to look for" is invaluable.

I think in varying degrees we are all guilty of looking at a potential by through " rose tinted glasses" as it may be a piece we have been looking for a while, a specific pieces to add to a run etc and we get over excited, the baggie guide is a resource we can use to keep our eagerness in check and allows the benefit of checklist ing our potential buy.

I'm finding it easy enough to use ( if I can anyone can :roll: ) detailed and great pics.

Love the recent MP piece 8)

Great stuff Frank you a baggie legend :D keep up the great work bud :D

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Agree with the above post I've bought a couple of baggies over the last couple weeks and found this guide very helpful in what to look out for .

Frunkstar

Grand Master
2v3vec.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom