Response to Claims

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
newswseller said:
edd_jedi said:
My two baggies worth a grand total of £150 aren't worth reporting

surely this is entirely the wrong attitude to have, if 100 collectors have been conned out of £150 each that's £15k and adds more weight/evidence to a case of maybe 3 collectors totaling £5k.. every little bit helps?

I was gonna say the same thing.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I will happily report mine once the other £14,850 worth of cases have been opened :lol:

I said that because I have seen this happen twice before - firstly when my own collection was stolen in 2007, and more recently during the Toni scandal. Both times thousands of pounds were involved. Both times there was a decent amount of evidence. Both times the police were contacted. And both times it amounted to nothing. As Simon has attested to, the reality is this is small fries for the police and really nothing more than a civil matter.

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
spoons said:
Great advice Simon

A few of us went through AF with Toni figures but it wasn't a co-ordinated effort and Sussex police dropped the case.

If only you were around then!

Hopefully Frank and the others affected will have better luck this time.

Any reference numbers or correspondence about that interaction would be greatly appreciated, mate. The TT matter isn't dead for me. Life is getting in the way (consistently) but I have a plan of action.

I'll dig out the pdfs and pm you - probably next week now

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
spoons said:
Great advice Simon

A few of us went through AF with Toni figures but it wasn't a co-ordinated effort and Sussex police dropped the case.

If only you were around then!

Hopefully Frank and the others affected will have better luck this time.

Any reference numbers or correspondence about that interaction would be greatly appreciated, mate. The TT matter isn't dead for me. Life is getting in the way (consistently) but I have a plan of action.

I'll dig out the pdfs and pm you - probably next week now

No worries and no rush at all.

Edd, the AF website doesn't take long to report a crime. If everyone that had been conned out of £150 didn't report it then this would already be a pointless exercise and may as well close down all the threads now and just leave a warning not to trade with this person. I know you've been stiffed before by plod. I don't know all the facts or reasons why it didn't go anywhere so can't comment, however, this won't stand a chance of being picked up if not enough report it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As far as I know most of the big ticket fakes he sold (trilogo Fetts etc) have all been sent back for refunds, without those added to the mix there is no case. Also the people who have bought a lot from Jeff haven't been overly vocal in the forum threads so I have little reason to believe they intend to do anything. Happy to be proven wrong though!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
As far as I know most of the big ticket fakes he sold (trilogo Fetts etc) have all been sent back for refunds, without those added to the mix there is no case. Also the people who have bought a lot from Jeff haven't been overly vocal in the forum threads so I have little reason to believe they intend to do anything. Happy to be proven wrong though!

And therein lies the big issue, no one is willing to suck it up & stand up for their rights & more importantly the good of the hobby & the community, 95% seem more comfortable sending their stuff back behind closed doors in hope of a refund rather than doing what is right.

I am not a man of means myself in fact far from it & stand to loose quite a bit financially through this mess, but to hell with the money, this is the area of the hobby I love as well as the part of it I have given many hours to so I'll be damned if I am going to swallow my conscience for a grand or 2.

We have heard from hardly anyone who has been affected due to the above reasons, which if I am honest is a bloody sad state of affairs.

Mocman

Youngling
Generally and hypothetically speaking With all the assembled evidence a group could consider looking into a private prosecution of all alleged " fraudsters" and/ or a civil claim. A civil claim is cheap and easy to do using Money claim online part of HM Courts service.

I have used this successfully in the past when I had an issue with a consumer matter. Bringing my case cost me £35 and I got all my money back. Look it up on HM Courts Service website. It's a great service!!!

maxf

Jedi Master
Mocman said:
Generally and hypothetically speaking With all the assembled evidence a group could consider looking into a private prosecution of all alleged " fraudsters" and/ or a civil claim. A civil claim is cheap and easy to do using Money claim online part of HM Courts service.

I have used this successfully in the past when I had an issue with a consumer matter. Bringing my case cost me £35 and I got all my money back. Look it up on HM Courts Service website. It's a great service!!!

I'd like to see it all on Judge Rinder personally

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:

And that reason I can sympathise with.

I do understand Frank's frustrations although, on the balance of things, hitting this idiot's pocket is what is going to hurt the most. He was motivated by greed, and if money is all that he loves then.....didn't quite fit in with Leia, but you get the sentiment.

Private prosecutions are all well and good and will add to his misery by including the court fees, even if he holds his hands up, but whilst he's offering refunds the court won't entertain a claim (MCOL - Money Collection On Line is the service I believe you're referring to, Mocman, and yes, it's awesome!).

If everyone can get their money back and if this lowlife is chased out of the vintage market then I think that should be a satisfactory enough outcome and well worth your efforts, Frank. The problem is those that won't chase refunds or don't even know about this situation and it wouldn't surprise me one but if that was the majority of his sales. Regardless, that same group of people also wouldn't be involved in any legal action so he'd win out that way, as well.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I am all for everyone that can to get a refund, but it's sadly not looking like thats the case either, remember Marty?? the guy who had the 2 tri logo fetts refused by both AFA & CAS??, well Jeff said he would refund the guy, so he sent his items back, now Jeff seems to have blocked his email & from what I gather is looking to only refund him for one rather than 2 if he even offers a refund at all, & has said to Marty that he still thinks the baggies & the figures are genuine, also that before he refunds a bean he is taking them in to UKG for inspection & authentication, whats to stop him simply swapping out the figures for 2 others that do not have touch ups?

I would love a refund myself, no way am I returning a **** load of stuff in hope I "may"get a refund & not loose both my cash & my **** baggies, all mine will be opened & loose graded assuming mine have not been touched up.

I have 3 standard non light blue fett's myself from Jeff, those 3 alone are big bucks for me.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
If what he is doing with Marty is anything to benchmark things by, the Glands attitude toward a refund, then that is utterly shameful, and is adding further insult to injury, there certainly doesn't look like any happy endings on the horizon.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well Marty just messaged me, he got his refund - half of what he paid.

Think you nailed it with this Mike "utterly shameful"

Marty's had to pay to have them sent to AFA & CAS so is hugely out of pocket even if he got a full refund & folks wonder why I have not returned mine, ****ing joke & not even a funny one at that :|

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Agreed it is a disgrace that he only offered half of what was paid, perhaps hoping that would put others off returning theirs. Maybe we should all turn up at his door together for refunds! We know what he looks like and where he lives.

I hope he never has the nerve to show up at any more toy fairs ever again if this is how he is treating everyone :evil:

maxf

Jedi Master
It's all makes the original 'why would I do it, I don't need the money' seem like a crock of ****.

j10e5f6f6

Youngling
I have been monitoring this link for some time, as you all know and have not felt the need to respond until now, as I am still in the process of collecting the relative information on these questionable baggies.

I take this subject seriously, I simply have nothing to add as at this time and feel this matter is still a whirling uncontrollable storm of hate and misinformation.

It would not be fair for me to comment or mention names other than the ones I already have. So until I can verify for sure who sold what and from where, I think it best to remain silent until I have the relevant proof and info to prevent others being subjected to this awful slanderous process.

However, I feel I must respond now as I have recently been accused of not holding my end of the deal up with refunds. I have to date had 38 of these questionable baggies returned to me and have refunded all of them in full.

Most of whom are well known members of this forum and I have been in direct contact with them and they are more than happy with the way I am dealing with the issue.

It has been suggested that I have blocked people from my email address, I haven't and I am not avoiding Marty with the 2 Tri-Logo Fetts I had sold him. I have already refunded him £900 of the £1300 paid (Not half at £650!) simply as these had been opened.

I had confirmed this offer with Marty before I sent it, as explained and he accepted it. That's 15% less for each baggie opened as put simply, I can not and will not accept a return if opened, I think that's very fair.

I will continue to give a full refund on any of the questionable baggies I have sold that are returned to me in the state in which I sent them. So once again, I ask that anyone who still has any of the questionable baggies that they bought from me, please contact me direct at:

[email protected] or at my EBay Account at: j10e5f6f6

Those of you who have suggested visiting me at my home address are most welcome to, but please keep things civil as I have young children. I was totally shocked at some comments posted here alluding to physical violence.

Due to impending divorce settlement we will unfortunately be moving address in the coming months, so I will no longer be here, but will let you know my new address as soon as I do or we can meet at my work address anytime if need be.

I'm still waiting for a few more stragglers to arrive back to me and I'm in contact with Steve at UKG as he will be checking these and all my others out soon.

I will update you when I have all the relevant information and a report from Steve. What more can I possibly do?

I'm sorry I haven't commented on here sooner, but as I said I have a more pressing matter to be dealing with in my personal life at the moment.

That said, anyone who wants a direct answer or has any questions, just please contact me directly as I will be more than happy to reply.

Thanks Jeff

yoda

Sith Lord
Guys I think any man now not happy with their item should grab the chance now when you can for your refunds. He has responded and offered again you won't get a better chance. It might be inconvenient but drive to his house if you don't want to post if you live in the Uk.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
newswseller said:
Errr so who are these well known forum members who have received refunds in full?

Huey Doey & Louey

bb92a4becdade056cd1f3782780b1da0.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Jeff,

You are clearly a lying, cheating toss pot of a fraudster.
To think I actually recommended you to people within the last few months prior to this scam of yours coming to light makes me sick.

I hope people do actually get their money back from you but preferably I would like to see that happen in court so that you are hit hardest where it hurts greedy arsewipes like you, in the pocket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom