Jedi Knight
Sorry guys one of those days at work, here is another of just the box

Attachments

• Bossk box.jpg
    Bossk box.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 698

momike

Jedi Master
Can't say 100% but the box looks like it might be ok, the address sticker is what concerns me with it having the exact same one as the confirmed fake and the same fading and traits on the ink in the letters that looks identical, all mailers have an individual number so none should be the same :?

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
I had my doubts about it too, and as ive said I asked Stephen at UKG a couple of times to make sure as I did mention that it had the same address as others. I guess either mine could be the one that the others have had the label copied from or as you say the box is okay but the label could be fake but would that be enough for it to be rejected by UKG as they do grade mailers that have no address on the boxes?

momike

Jedi Master
Tbh mate it was the box that made me look twice at the mailer as a whole and had to look very hard at the label and compare it originals, the print on the originals have print that's similar to dot matrix of the 80s

If it's just a case of the label being iffy I could see that getting past the most seasoned collectors, like I said the mailer should have its own number(s) on the box, it could be the original that was copied but considering where it originated from I find it hard to believe

Try and get the best pics you can in natural light of the label and the tape when you have time and will hopefully get to the bottom of it ; )

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
I know I agree about possibly mine not being the original but who knows ive got to get lucky once in a while :lol:

I will try get a better photo soon and will post it in here.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Let's be honest none of these grading companies have time machines so cannot say 100% if things are legit or not, doesn't look good though.

Jez

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
I think it's fair to say it's not looking good for you guys. :cry:
Agreed :cry: In my opinion the evidence which has come to light over the last couple of weeks has convinced me of 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
If i had been wrongly accused of such crimes, i'd be putting up a far better fight.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
It seemed from some of the earlier posts on this thread that Jeff has/had a number of friends on here. Are any of them still talking to him about this and encouraging him to address directly all the accusations made?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'd be interested to know if anything has progressed with UKG too, especially as it seems a couple of fakes may have been graded which unfortunately makes getting his leftovers graded a little pointless.

newswseller

Padawan
So odd that no one has replied to say they have returned an item, giving the scale and the money involved.

Obviously the guy isn't going to have the balls to appear at FF either, he's logged in almost every day, probably read the threads had a chuckle and then got into his shiny BMW paid for by you guys.

You guys are way too nice.

At a minimum someone affected should contact the CAB and get some free advice, then if necessary form a group, gather evidence (already done) and then take legal action.

Marty _Norfleet

Youngling
Hi, I'm trying to email Jeff Glanville and I'm getting a failure bounce back. Does anyone have another way to contact him?
Thank you!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Marty _Norfleet said:
Hi, I'm trying to email Jeff Glanville and I'm getting a failure bounce back. Does anyone have another way to contact him?
Thank you!

Here's his Facebook profile:

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.glanville

RobbieZombbie

Youngling
Folks should not be surprised at the lack of people coming forward for a few reasons.
1st off this whole thing is being presented on a dying platform. Forums are dying off (which is not new news by any means) so the audience now a days is smaller.
2nd Even posting on facebook is only reaching a limited audience. With the hundreds / thousands of FB groups and pages dedicated to vintage this story was / will be buried quickly with other people making new posts so a lot of people won't even see the post.
3rd, I see this in other realms of collecting also (Mostly horror replica world). People ultimately don't care after a week or so. Sure a "bad seller" was outted and that person is a huge piece of **** and for a week that person is crucified. But after a few weeks people will forget all about it. We as collectors in general are the biggest embracers of "Forgive and forget"
4th…. People who may of read the whole thing, and keeping up with it may not speak out in hopes that they can sell off the baggie they may of got from Jeff to a unsuspecting buyer via eBay or FB because of points 1-3.

...Just my opinion

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
RobbieZombbie said:
Folks should not be surprised at the lack of people coming forward for a few reasons.
1st off this whole thing is being presented on a dying platform. Forums are dying off (which is not new news by any means) so the audience now a days is smaller.

...Just my opinion

And a pretty shitty one at that

lejackal

Grand Master
Stuart Skinner said:
RobbieZombbie said:

...Just my opinion

And a pretty shitty one at that
:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom