Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I got as far as "Forums are dying off", yawned and switched off... where do these people come from and why don't they do some research into the facts... :roll:

Marty _Norfleet

Youngling
Hello everyone, I wanted to let the community know about Jeff Glanville and the star wars baggies I bought from him last year. I sent them both in to AFA to be graded, AFA informed me that the figures didn't come in these baggies and I let them inspect the figures. They said that the figures had overlapping paint so they refused to grade them. They sent them back to me and I sent them to CAS.

Hi Marty - 
I received your Boba Fett figure and just examined it. Unfortunately I do have to agree with AFA on their outcome with this piece. It has had paint touch-up at some point in time both on the nose and the belt. It is tough to see with the naked eye but under an 800x microscope it is very clear. I also noticed and believe the rocket has been replaced on this one as well. There are small pry marks on the top of the rocket holder and with the Palitoy Fetts the rocket can be removed since they aren't sonic welded in like the US versions. I've attached a few pics from our scope, take a look at them and I think you'll see the touch-ups for yourself.

Ken

(Jeff Glanville 1/26/17)

Where did I say I would not refund you?
I was not expecting both to have been removed from there baggies as if I were too have these returned to my seller he would not of refunded me being they were both removed that is the point I was making.
As these have deem repaints and reseals by experts I have to take your word for it.
As I'm getting so much flack regards these bloody things I will have to take a hit on these 2 as all my others that have been returned are still in there baggies which are on there way to Steve here at UKG.
Again I'm sorry for this issues but these 2 were my remaining bagies I had for sale as I was keeping the other 2 for own collection.
3 of these have been graded here in the UK so am unsure what has happened to these 2 as these were 2 of the 3 I had that did not come in a mailer box and baggies were not as new looking as these?
As I said please return them and I will refund you so I can close this issues ASAP.
Thanks Jeff

New message from: j10e5f6f6 (2,912)
Hi Marty.
Ok yes I picked them yesterday and both have been opened which I assumed that one was still sealed?.
Obviously as these have both been opened I can not return these to there source but am willing to come to an arrangement .
I would be happy to offer £850 refund today ?
LMK.
Thanks Jeff

boggymn:
Hi Jeff,

I sent you the email you sent me before I sent the pieces to you. I need back the 1300 pounds I paid.

My PayPal address is [email protected]

Regards,
Marty

New message from: j10e5f6f6 (2,912)
Sorry Marty these have been removed from there baggies.
I will not be able to get my refund on them now so £850 is the best I can as that what these would be worth once graded loose.
I can send over that amount today .
Would do £900 That's my final offer.
Sorry for any mis understanding but I'm still unsure of these being reseals as all 6 of the others have been confirmed legit .
I will be taking these 2 to Steve Ward at UKG this week for investigation.
Regards Jeff

Jeff sent me $1080 back out of the $1949 I paid him, I am also short of the grading fees of AFA and CAS. I wanted the community to know that I am not the only one that this has happened to and that there are others that were sold fake baggies as well. His eBay ID name is j10e5f6f6 (2,912) and to prevent getting scammed, make sure you do not buy from Jeff Glanville on eBay or other sites.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Yeah that really is s**t, he sold you fakes and now he is trying to quibble on the refund!!!

What an a**hole this man is turning out to be.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Good of you to post Marty, like I said previously, absoloutely shameful behaviour on Jeffs part, event to the extent he was bartering the refund :evil:
Deceit, excuses and his deplorable behaviour only goes to damn his actions. There are many situations in life where decent and honest people would immediately not go down a certain road, it's called having Morals and principles, personally I don't know how he can sleep at night knowing the damage and suffering he has caused.
I hope it is something that you and all of the injured parties can in time come to terms with, and I hope that Jeff is brought to account, I'm a great believer in what goes round, comes round, and I'm sure karma will play a role.

yoda

Sith Lord
This shitty situation doesn't seem to be looking like its getting much better. Does anyone know has any full refunds been returned yet? On his first post Jeff said he would refund people in full before the end of January if they had a fake. Did anyone else send anything back or contact him in January? What was his response if you did? I see that Marty contacted him in January. That sure is alot of money Marty has now lost over this.

newswseller

Padawan
The scum bag is online right now reading this very thread

He's full of ****, if it's not legit what difference does it make if it's not in the Baggie, surely that prevents anyone else from getting screwed..

The thing about Jeff being unable to "return it to the seller" is taking the piss..

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Think this about covers things to date -

6a00d83451bbfa69e200e54f8757538834-640wi.png

elcroz

Padawan
Poor Marty.

I think Jeff should make you whole. Quibbling over a fake bag being opened is just really, really petty. My blood boils for you mate.

I believe that Marty's transaction is certainly one of the bigger ones of which is public knowledge and if Jeff handled this one properly it would have gone a long way to making himself stand in a more favourable light... but no - he f***ed it up with greed and pettiness.

zhamlau

Youngling
Hi, been reading this thread now for a few weeks. Fascinating stuff. What ever happened to this? My basic questions are this:

1. I saw a post on Rebelscum saying he sent in 700 hand picked baggies from his collection for some reason to a grading firm, what was the reason for that? What is it proving?
2. This guy still selling locally even though it appears he is filled with fake merchandise?
3. Lastly anyone actually get refunded who was sold fake merchandise by this Jeff guy?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
zhamlau said:
Hi, been reading this thread now for a few weeks. Fascinating stuff. What ever happened to this? My basic questions are this:

1. I saw a post on Rebelscum saying he sent in 700 hand picked baggies from his collection for some reason to a grading firm, what was the reason for that? What is it proving?
2. This guy still selling locally even though it appears he is filled with fake merchandise?
3. Lastly anyone actually get refunded who was sold fake merchandise by this Jeff guy?

1) Good question, I agree that Jeff seems to think this will somehow clear his name, but it won't. He is wasting his time grading his remaining stock if he continues to ignore the other allegations.
2) I will be very disappointed if he does have a stall at Farthest From in May, I guess we will see. Scammers should not be welcome at events like that.
3) If you check the other thread you will see some people have received full refunds, however some people have only received partial refunds when they should have been given full refunds, and some have not yet received refunds.

So in summary a long way from being cleared up yet!

yoda

Sith Lord
He doesn't seem to have logged since 27 th feb, has anyone been in contact with him since or sent anything back for refunds?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom