Obi Wan Kenobi i thought was toltoys

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
Hello fellow collector's could you possibly help identify this obi wan, it's a clear variation of the cape and I was lead to believe it was a toltoys ben Kenobi which I thought did exist

The cape is more shiny and orangy than a normal obi wan cape, stands out in a collection of ben's

IMG_2762_zps757ada87.jpg

IMG_2743_zps94d07a91.jpg

IMG_2744_zps538b4840.jpg

IMG_2745_zps428cc58b.jpg

IMG_2766_zps3da6c165.jpg

Thanks for any help

TheGent

Jedi Master
Too bad one can't tell from the Coo or such. I'll have a try anyway...

Pro: Although I have never seen such a shiny vintage cape, but it really doesn't look like a recent reprocape at all - so this one may be the one they formerly used to cut down half to get a Toltoys vinyl cape jawa?
Cons: Man, I always thought shiny ones were repros - so I'm not 100% sure.

Would help if it could be compared side by side with a regular one to show the differences more? Any ideas of toltoys experts?
If it turns out to be a Toltoys - I'd be happy to stay in line first as I did ... :lol:

jedimastermark

Jedi Knight
Looking at it in my collection I thought it was a repro but I tested it anyway inside and out for the zippy sound from the cross pattern and the outside is the shiny part has no zipping sound but the inside has the zippy sound, it's definitely real and i'm sure its the only one I have seen too.

here it is compared to another obi wan I have but it's hard to tell I think from the pictures

The one on the left of both pictures is the one in question

IMG_2777_zps78231fb0.jpg

IMG_2778_zps25525cd8.jpg

bobafett30

I also have this cape, first i thought it was a repro but the zip-sound and the pattern makes it real. The question is what the hell it came from?
Does anyone know anything about this Kenobi cape?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom