FS - Palitoy 12bk MOC's

Mocman

Youngling
My view for what it's worth is that prices will continue to rise steadily until those of us in our mid thirties and forties are six feet under and then tail off significantly as younger collectors will have no nostalgic or emotional investment in such iconic pieces. Lots of other variables will also come into play around that time as well e.g. Deteriorating condition of the pieces due to natural processes inherent in the pieces and rising costs of conserving them, much less interest in physical toys among young people who are more involved and interested in computer gaming leading to a massive fall off in interest. It is going to be a case of who is left carrying the parcel when the music stops in my view. Still, there are an interesting 3 to 4 decades left...... :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
SteveAv said:
Bump. Leia is now sold. Have some 20backs that I'll get posted up soon too.

cheers. Steve

Hi

I know this is an old post and this question has already been asked but are the 20 backs still available?

If yes could you let me know which ones and the prices?

Thanks for your time.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Mocman said:
My view for what it's worth is that prices will continue to rise steadily until those of us in our mid thirties and forties are six feet under and then tail off significantly as younger collectors will have no nostalgic or emotional investment in such iconic pieces. Lots of other variables will also come into play around that time as well e.g. Deteriorating condition of the pieces due to natural processes inherent in the pieces and rising costs of conserving them, much less interest in physical toys among young people who are more involved and interested in computer gaming leading to a massive fall off in interest. It is going to be a case of who is left carrying the parcel when the music stops in my view. Still, there are an interesting 3 to 4 decades left...... :lol:

I disagree with the popularity in collecting tailing off and therefore the value if this was the case then Golden Age Comics would now be worthless. Comics have increased in value significantly in the past 10 years both an Action Comics Volume 1 and a Detective Comics Volume 27 in a high grade can fetch over a million now and yet their principal characters date back to 1938 (Superman) and 1939 (Batman). The films live on with continued popularity and the comic books continue to rise in price (there is no price limit). I recently watched Rogue One and felt quite emotional at the end it was the best Star Wars film I have seen since the Original Trilogy so much so that I started collecting on Jan 5th 2017. I find it hard to believe that future and present generations who love the Star Wars films will have no interest or fascination in its roots or desire to collect because they are too busy playing Call of Duty!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
theforceuk said:
Just wait until the Chinese become interested, then were all screwed.

If the Chinese enter the market then I am sure 8D8 will become very popular overnight.

:lol: :lol: :lol: good call. It would become the most sought after figure

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I don't think there is much chance of the Chinese getting into Vintage Star Wars, although I would have said that about expensive wine 10 years ago and now they just buy it to give away as a gift. :shock: :?

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I do Ralph. I messaged Steve a while ago and apart from an LXW, they'd all gone.

More's the pity. :cry:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Sparky P said:
I do Ralph. I messaged Steve a while ago and apart from an LXW, they'd all gone.

More's the pity. :cry:

Thanks for letting me know I sent the guy a PM but he never got back to me, bad news is better than no news!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom