Farthest From XIV Sunday May 7th 2017

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
hey collecting freaks..

i have access to a really posh minibus (posh in terms of it being very new), just wondered if any midland types would be interested in gathering in the midlands area and hopping down to the fordingbridge on the day (or night before). fuel costs would be pretty cheap (a company sponsors our fuel) and there likely would only be a token usage cost. Just a thought....

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
Grant_C said:
Cannot- banned from fordingbridge
Only the one pub dude...
...oh and a motorhome. I don't think you have a full ban :D

I thought The Ship did a good job as a stand in for That-Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Put it this way: they served beer, we drank it. What's not to love?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Lee and I will be there, we're trying to find accomodation ATM so we might only be there with a table during the day but we really want to make it for the evening as last time was brilliant.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep I'll hopefully be at this one. As already mentioned the big question is will Jeff be there with a stall? I asked Dave a while back and didn't get a solid answer one way or the other.

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Yep I'll hopefully be at this one. As already mentioned the big question is will Jeff be there with a stall? I asked Dave a while back and didn't get a solid answer one way or the other.
If he does he'll need one of these to carry his massive balls around
SAV1lgBlSddEF1tRb0eyQRkhDzI3BnnJ11wb8C9G4HXjxqaXVV.jpg

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Cannot- banned from fordingbridge

Take it as a challenge and see of you can get banned from Hampshire.

I'll be there and the night before

1. mr_palitoy
2. ScruffyLookingNH
3. robpmarsh
4. Mr Shifter
5. Waltham Wookie
6. Nick_IOW
7. Mr Kutzzy
8. Jez (maybe)
9. SOJ
10. lejackal
11. Savory100
12. Cazza (maybe)
13. Clarkspieandchips

Jez

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
hey collecting freaks..

i have access to a really posh minibus (posh in terms of it being very new), just wondered if any midland types would be interested in gathering in the midlands area and hopping down to the fordingbridge on the day (or night before). fuel costs would be pretty cheap (a company sponsors our fuel) and there likely would only be a token usage cost. Just a thought....

Can you pick me up mate? I could have a lie down, nice.

lejackal

Grand Master
naughtyjedi said:
hey collecting freaks..

I'd be interested, I'm in Coventry

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
naughtyjedi said:
hey collecting freaks..

I May be interested, I'm about 19 miles away from yourself.
I've never been to a Farthest From.

Jez

Sith Lord
OK what would you do, a few weeks before this was announced I was informed about a Star Wars movie marathon being shown at an RAF Base on Saturday the 6th. Starting at 0830 on the Saturday and showing all 8 movies, including Rogue 1 and TFA. I don't think this has happened anywhere before,
Cost: £10 for all 8 movies or £2 each. Whatsmore there is a bloody excellent raffle that blow your socks off. This is an opportunity to watch all of them, especially Rogue One seamlessly into A New Hope on the Big Screen.
This will be 3 weeks after Celebration. I am so torn. I like FF a lot, but....

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
OK what would you do, a few weeks before this was announced I was informed about a Star Wars movie marathon being shown at an RAF Base on Saturday the 6th. Starting at 0830 on the Saturday and showing all 8 movies, including Rogue 1 and TFA. I don't think this has happened anywhere before,
Cost: £10 for all 8 movies or £2 each. Whatsmore there is a bloody excellent raffle that blow your socks off. This is an opportunity to watch all of them, especially Rogue One seamlessly into A New Hope on the Big Screen.
This will be 3 weeks after Celebration. I am so torn. I like FF a lot, but....

Jez, there is simply no competition.

FF everytime.

I'm serious :) Yes, all 8 movies would be good (well, 5 of the 8, the other 3 are 6 hours or purgatory). But you can do this at home if you really want to. Not on a big screen but you can still do it. Not sure about the raffle. Sounds good and I know these military affairs are usually so that you have to be there to claim the prize.

But.....FF, man. Friends, fun and a fecking shed load of laughs. You just can't beat that. I mean, I know you're not a fan anymore what with selling your toys and buying a house (not even a Star Wars house) but still, how can you miss this? ;)

Mate, you'll be missed if you don't come. Who else will keep Grant in check? Only you know the answer. I blame Dave.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
No excuse! By 10th of April you can get your own copy of Rogue One; watch 'em all at home back to back. For the cinema experience, crank the volume up and sit real close to the screen. For the military base experience, get a couple of rowdy squaddies to join you; or get Grant round and give him sambuca.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
You have both done a very good job of convincing me.

Good man! Lom's idea of a military experience was a good one. Just to make you feel at home in the Navy we'll have a naked bar, OK Marine? :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom