-what's a true holy grail...

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Theres only one holy grail in mythology, but we use it all the time when describing figures
for many of us, a dt luke/ben /darth/boba prototype would be a holy grail..

but there are many out there, so
in this day and age, just curious what you might truly class as a holy grail..?

im gonna go with lily ledy boba fett ... have only seen 2, or ESB VCJ, 2 also...
would love to hear other peoples ideas and if possible, pics...

Rob

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I think your Grail actually changes as you travel the collecting road, as your focus changes and you get bitten by a certain bug ( I.e. Baggies, Palitoy Mocs etc etc).

So there is a general perception of Grail and then the collectors Grail

For a long time for me my SW Grail was first 12 stand and complete first 12 figures, once you have it then something else becomes your particular Grail

That's the beauty of collecting as its a passion and hobby as opposed to collecting for an investment.

Example Cars.....

Aston Martin DB9 8)

For me would be Karmen Ghia convertible 8) 8)

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
It's just another word that is becoming over used these days and doesnt relate to its actual meaning. Just like thousands of listings on ebay claiming what they are selling is rare etc.

But like Mike says it can be whatever you percieve it to be to you, or a goal or target to set yourself to acquire :)

Lindo

Sith Lord
I think that if it is an expensive item people claim its a "grail" item, stick that word on and they think it will help their sales, for me it would be completing my POTF moc run

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Foe me it's an easy question, this -

multipacks-large.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
Lindo said:
Frunkstar said:
Foe me it's an easy question, this -

multipacks-large.JPG
whats that frank a cardboard box :p
Ben could be right with Jeffs eternal soul but a second guess would be this

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=38075

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
I think your Grail actually changes as you travel the collecting road, as your focus changes and you get bitten by a certain bug ( I.e. Baggies, Palitoy Mocs etc etc).

So there is a general perception of Grail and then the collectors Grail

For a long time for me my SW Grail was first 12 stand and complete first 12 figures, once you have it then something else becomes your particular Grail

That's the beauty of collecting as its a passion and hobby as opposed to collecting for an investment.

Example Cars.....

Aston Martin DB9 8)

For me would be Karmen Ghia convertible 8) 8)

Cars and Star Wars what a beautiful combination.

Permanent Car Grail Duesenberg Coupe Simone (Midnight Ghost).

Current Star Wars Grail 30 Back Boba Fett.

Lindo

Sith Lord
16 figure mailers! do they know what figures were in them ? would be good to think it would be the likes of luke and leia etc

lejackal

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
It's a 16 figure multi pack, only 2 known to exist to date, though I do like cardboard :lol:
Any idea why it has the same number on as a 10 figure multipack? I thought the number was supposed to tell you which pack it was?
multipacks-large.jpg

sears-4959455.jpg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Frunkstar said:
It's a 16 figure multi pack, only 2 known to exist to date, though I do like cardboard :lol:
Any idea why it has the same number on as a 10 figure multipack? I thought the number was supposed to tell you which pack it was?
multipacks-large.jpg

sears-4959455.jpg

There is no SW era brown box 10 pack, I think the achieve just forgot to add the other figures to the description :? as thats the same pack

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
lejackal said:
Frunkstar said:
multipacks-large.jpg

sears-4959455.jpg

There is no SW era brown box 10 pack, I think the achieve just forgot to add the other figures to the description :? as thats the same pack

They do that a lot for MOCs. If it's offerless they show the same cardfront for all the different cardbacks.

My grail would be the Han Hoth hard copy with stripy legs - and I think that's a true use of the word grail too.

No idea where it is and even if I did it would be unobtainable due to price

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
From a hobby point of view there are very few true holy grails. There are around 100 known Rocket Firing Fett prototypes, so that's certainly not a holy grail. I don't think any production piece could be called a grail.

On a personal level though it can be a lot looser - for me personally it's a trilogo Madine as I need one to complete my set. They are expensive but not super rare with 30-40 known examples. for a loose collector it might be a VCJ as they are so much more expensive than most other loose figures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom