Great just ****ing great

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
elcroz said:
Hasbro, Disney/LFL won't do anything about this? The copyright on vintage toys has already expired?

Cannot understand this as it's still an IP infringement. You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

threaders20

Jedi Knight
Although I don't collect poppy stuff I do worry about repro stuff and how it will affect the future of vintage starwars. I have a really big collection and I worry that the repro stuff will get so good in the future that you might be hard pushed to tell the difference :( it's mainly weapons but I've now seen reproductions of figures most commonly yak and blue snag but I've seen ev9d9 and imperial gunner too.
I've also had a few repro weapons that float like a Jawa blaster I had and a black endor blaster. It is really annoying when you find them in your collection and it does put you off. How new collectors get on I don't know. I have seen one or two other collectors on other sites openly admit to buying repro stuff due to the high prices at the moment but only those two have admitted to it and the echo base site won't allow repro, reseals or toy Toni's.
What to do about it? That's the main issue. I don't know how many members are on here but echo base on Facebook has over 11,000 members and it's only been running for 8 months. Surely if everyone on there and on here sent emails each week to the main repro dealers on eBay just asking random questions about the product with no intentions to buy anything that would take up a lot of time and effort from the seller to read the emails and sift through it all. I've seen the community pull together in the past to raise complete collections for children who have long term health issues and other stuff so we should be able to pull together and give these repro dealers a headache for all the crap they are selling. What do you lot think? :)

mumbo

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
elcroz said:
Hasbro, Disney/LFL won't do anything about this? The copyright on vintage toys has already expired?

You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Maybe that's what needs to be done..... someone with the legal knowledge put together a well worded letter and then somebody with some computer/graphic skills come up with a convincing letterhead and then off it goes in the post to a certain person?

Call it a reproduction legal warning letter. It can all be done anonymously.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
mumbo said:
robpmarsh said:
elcroz said:

You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Maybe that's what needs to be done..... someone with the legal knowledge put together a well worded letter and then somebody with some computer/graphic skills come up with a convincing letterhead and then off it goes in the post to a certain person?

I am a lawyer, and have sent multiple emails to Disney and LFL legal departments about these types of issues. And crickets on the other end....

Not even a "thanks for sending this, we will get right on."

Reason being neither makes any money anymore off the vintage action figure lines, so for them, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Hell, there hasn't been any juice left for a very long time.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Ross_Barr said:
mumbo said:
robpmarsh said:

I am a lawyer, and have sent multiple emails to Disney and LFL legal departments about these types of issues. And crickets on the other end....

Not even a "thanks for sending this, we will get right on."

Reason being neither makes any money anymore off the vintage action figure lines, so for them, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Hell, there hasn't been any juice left for a very long time.

I was thinking more along the lines of an (un)official warning letter being sent to the maker of these items.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Mr-shifter said:
Don't panic guys.

His boxes are ****. Photocopies onto paper then glued to cardboard. You see one in hand you won't worry too much.

He is a **** though.

Agreed, I've never seen a repro cardback or box that looks anything like an original in hand. Still a bell end for not clearly marking them as repro though.

Not that I for one minute condone this but he does mark them 'Made by Replicator Boxes' down one side. I think more than that the fact they are **** quality and quickly fade from what I've heard mean they are only ever short term fixes for part time 'collectors' and unlikely to fool anyone who knows even a little bit about vintage SW. Even the most pristine genuine vintage boxes have a feel and a smell that cannot be replicated by a guy and his lazer printer in 2017.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
I often report these eBay listings as fake goods but nothing seems to get done about it by eBay. :cry:

Leemcl

Jedi Master
robpmarsh said:
elcroz said:

Cannot understand this as it's still an IP infringement. You would at least expect a CAD letter to be sent by lawyers to eBay that would be passed onto the seller.

Agree Rob. My dad ( 65 at the time ) got a snotty solicitors letter for selling a Cath Kidson IPhone case on eBay ( I **** you not ) which they claimed was a replica and they threatened to take him to court ! It was a one off thing that he had been given and did not need for his iPhone, and the thing was legit in a retail box ! Yet these scum sucking CUNTS selling repro seem to get away with it and no consequence ever. I too am sick to death of Re-card / repro bollocks on eBay !

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am so ****ing tired of all this repro. I hate when I see an item on ebay that I want and they do not write in the headlines that it is repro. So it is first when I open the add that I can see with small writing or I can see the big pictures that it is repro cards or repro weapons or repro figures and I think I do this every ****ing single day :evil:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Repro crap is in all toy lines, check out these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Six-Milli...588026?hash=item2a7c6481ba:g:8hkAAOSweW5VU0-X

Some people are producing quality repro and are gonna be hard to distinguish from the real thing. Very worrying.

Those six Million Dollar Man boxes look amazing and are going to be a real problem for people (like the badge you linked). The seller did have an original outfit though that I've been after for Maskatron so thanks for the link :lol:

Ian

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Andyclarke said:
Repro crap is in all toy lines, check out these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Six-Milli...588026?hash=item2a7c6481ba:g:8hkAAOSweW5VU0-X

Some people are producing quality repro and are gonna be hard to distinguish from the real thing. Very worrying.

Those six Million Dollar Man boxes look amazing and are going to be a real problem for people (like the badge you linked). The seller did have an original outfit though that I've been after for Maskatron so thanks for the link :lol:

Ian

Haha welcome

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom