Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Padawan
Welcome to all the new members, stick around and get involved, you'll soon learn that's it's a great bunch of guys (and girls???)

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome. After a long time of collecting modern bits I've rediscovered my love of vintage.

Darth Satan

Youngling
Hi I'm Mat.
Previous member here years back but the old account doesn't seem to want to reactivate.
Also darthsatan on Rebelscum forum - again that account is the second one.
Old time collector just bit the bullet and sent stuff to UKG in view of maybe getting out of the hobby. I've got nearly everything loose that's been sat on shelves in my cellar for two decades.

Jez

Sith Lord
Blimey i used to be all over this thread. I used to find myself saying hello & welcome to about 3 people at a time. I've just gone back to my last welcome, there have been lots of new comers since then!! :eek:
Here goes:
Welcome, Joseph, Roscoe, Andy, Neil, Juanma, Alexs (2), Lyle, Dan, Axel, Craigs (2), Marcos, Olly, Mr RLP, Gareth, PulsarP, Mr Kutzzy, Thomas, Daniel, Steves (2), Toni, Nicks (2), Tigerham!, Jamas, Lee, Pete, Chris, Arjan, Simon, Mat, Marc, Marky, Scott and James! Welcome to SWFUK, you've taken your first step into a larger world.
But to be honest, lots of you took that step ages ago now :lol:

ATAUK

Padawan
Name: Dave
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Maidstone , Kent
Kids: daughter and 3 step sons
Pets: 2 x shih tzu and wifes 1 x goldfish
Collecting: Anything really. Childhood vintage ( used to have quite a few . Even when i was younger bought 2 fugures , kept one in pack un opend. Moved from home when 17 . Few years later my brother had a few figures on his shelf . Ohh i have some in the loft untouched ..... not any more upon looking .. every one open . Boxes discarded.. weapons gone .
Now time to start again lol.. got a few recently
Character Focus: storm troopers and r2d2
Collecting Interest: Anything Star Wars.

Looking forward to being part of a knowledgable forum and gather as much info as possible

. Thanks

Dave

Gaz46&2

Padawan
Hello everyone

I'm Gary, 40 years old and living in East London/Essex.

I took a break from collecting vintage some time ago to focus on modern SW and other toy lines. I used to frequent the Rebelscum forums and collect at conventions and comic marts.

I'm now back in again and looking to fill the gaps in my loose collection and hunt down any interesting figure variants or colour variations with the bias towards ROTJ.

:D

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi, my names Andy Preston, long time reader of the forum and it's about time I came and said hello. I'm from Somerset, married with a couple of kids.

I have been a Star Wars fan since seeing the first movie in 78, a collector as a kid, and collecting again seriously since about 95. I've got pretty much everything in the action figure range, and I'm just a few figures away from a carded Palitoy set on the correct movie card back (although some of the harder figures are reseals or beaters). I also collect anything that's vintage and British, I love all the oddball stuff, stationery, bathroom products, food packaging, anything really. I've got some production, cast and crew, and prop items from across all the movie saga.

I've been a member of the Exewing Fundraisers, a charity fundraising group in the South West since the early 2000s and am lucky enough to have met many of the cast and crew at conventions that we've run. I normally costume as Vader, and have a few other outfits as well as a static R2 replica and a Jawa on a mannequin.

I'm active on several of the collecting groups on Facebook and am an admin on three groups dedicated to photos and artwork from the original trilogy.

This is a fantastic community and I'm looking forward to taking a more active part.

maxf

Jedi Master
AndyPreston said:
Hi, my names Andy Preston, long time reader of the forum and it's about time I came and said hello. I'm from Somerset, married with a couple of kids.

I have been a Star Wars fan since seeing the first movie in 78, a collector as a kid, and collecting again seriously since about 95. I've got pretty much everything in the action figure range, and I'm just a few figures away from a carded Palitoy set on the correct movie card back (although some of the harder figures are reseals or beaters). I also collect anything that's vintage and British, I love all the oddball stuff, stationery, bathroom products, food packaging, anything really. I've got some production, cast and crew, and prop items from across all the movie saga.

I've been a member of the Exewing Fundraisers, a charity fundraising group in the South West since the early 2000s and am lucky enough to have met many of the cast and crew at conventions that we've run. I normally costume as Vader, and have a few other outfits as well as a static R2 replica and a Jawa on a mannequin.

I'm active on several of the collecting groups on Facebook and am an admin on three groups dedicated to photos and artwork from the original trilogy.

This is a fantastic community and I'm looking forward to taking a more active part.

Hi Andy! Welcome to the forum - you probably don't remember me but we used to chat back in the early 2000s. Andy Clarke, Gary Smith and lots of other old faces are around too.

Hope you're well!
Max

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Welcome to the forum Andy.

Good to have another Palitoy collector on here, the more the merrier and look forward to maybe seeing some of your collection. 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Max, of course I remember you, hope you're well and the collection growing nicely? The early 2000s was a great time for collecting, with the Rebelscum forums and Memorabilia shows, when everything was that much more affordable! I haven't stopped in the meantime, just had less time for it with work and family. It's good to see that lots of the old Rebelscum regulars are still around. Have you seen anything of John Ford lately?

Cheers,

Andy

maxf

Jedi Master
AndyPreston said:
Have you seen anything of John Ford lately?

He isn't actively collecting anymore and sold most of his stuff. His work on the palitoy matrix got handed over to Jason Smith who has grown it hugely.

I have John on Strava (cycling app) but not on anything SW these days.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Cheers, used to chat to John a lot, and met up at some of the Memorabilias. He and I spent a lot of time putting together the first Palitoy cardback matrix. It's fantastic what Jason has done with it since.

Dare

Padawan
Hello to all,

I'm Shaun, 45 years old and l live in Essex with my fiancé and son.

I used to collect mostly vintage items back in the Model Mart days, Cheshunt sci-fi fairs, yahoo auctions etc....Gadders.com also used to be a frequent haunt of mine. I ended up splitting some of my collection to finance other ventures but have found myself back in the collecting game again.

I'm currently building on my cardback collection and buying back some of the figures I'd sold on when I moved my focus away from collecting. Mainly a selection of Last 17's which unfortunately for me seem to be commanding a much higher premium these days (no regrets!). I also seem to be buying some variations on vintage figures and I'm keen to increase my Tri-logo cardback collection.
I had considered the MOC route but found that just having the figure with cardback a good option for me (obviously the cost on MOC's also being a big factor!).

As I'm sure many other collectors have a passion for Boba Fett as a character I'm also in the same boat. I've found the site to be a great resource and maybe I'll even chip in on some of the relevant subjects from time to time. I have already posted on the site but thought it was time I introduced myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom