SKU on Footer

astroboy72

Hi. I'm new to the collecting of Kenner 12 backs and am hoping somebody can tell me what "SKU on Footer" means and whether this is a more or less desirable item than one without this classification? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Sku is an acronym. It is actually stock keeping unit and it is an inventory code to help control stock numbers.

It consists of a code number basically.

What it is in the sense you are asking is that the very early 12-a figures had the sku code printed on the footer. This only lasted a short time until the code was removed from the footer so if you have one then you have one of the earliest 12a figures released.

But not the earliest!

Before sku footers, the very very very early 12 backs had a white footer. Not many of them still exist, so these are very rare and desirable. So scarce they are thought to be salesmen samples for the release of the figure line.

The sku footers are quite scarce. I'm not bothered by them but some are. They do carry a premium.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great information about the Sku, I've never really thought about what the Sku was.

:)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many thanks mr shifter, really interesting, in this hobby you really can learn something new every day.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Great explanation although I'm also not particularly fussed about them, I found I had a couple in my 12 back set. R2 and Ben off the top of my head. Possibly Vader.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom