Latest Acquisitions

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great scores all round. Not sure what the pick of the bunch is as they are all cool in their own way. Love the wallpaper brochure!

Here's something a bit unique. I was watching an auction for something else and this popped up. Without time to do any more than read the description I had a punt on it and am I glad I did.

These items are all property of the late Princess. The programme is her personal copy from the screening of ANH she attended and the photo of her and Peter M is just brilliant. It's stamped on the back, presumably by the photographer. The notes are from "publishing notables" to her regarding her book release (presumably Postcards from the Edge).

It was only after the auction that I realised this group of items had been Lot 101 in the Debbie Reynolds auction of May 17 2014. That was a bonus as lent some provenance to the items. However, the unexpected super bonus was a COA from that auction and best of all, it was signed by Debbie Reynolds. If only it had been Carrie, too, I'd have been on Cloud 9.

If the photo comes out the wrong way up I'll reload it later!

IMG_8328.JPG

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Some great pickups again lately guys.

I have finally picked up a loose imperial cruiser. Missing a few bits but going to try and pick them up as I see them. Anyone have any bits I am missing let me know.

image.jpeg

Also got these two card backs with bubbles attached from Rob Marsh.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And with figures added.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Great scores all round. Not sure what the pick of the bunch is as they are all cool in their own way. Love the wallpaper brochure!

Here's something a bit unique. I was watching an auction for something else and this popped up. Without time to do any more than read the description I had a punt on it and am I glad I did.

These items are all property of the late Princess. The programme is her personal copy from the screening of ANH she attended and the photo of her and Peter M is just brilliant. It's stamped on the back, presumably by the photographer. The notes are from "publishing notables" to her regarding her book release (presumably Postcards from the Edge).

It was only after the auction that I realised this group of items had been Lot 101 in the Debbie Reynolds auction of May 17 2014. That was a bonus as lent some provenance to the items. However, the unexpected super bonus was a COA from that auction and best of all, it was signed by Debbie Reynolds. If only it had been Carrie, too, I'd have been on Cloud 9.

IMG_8328.JPG

Real Star Wars history. Great purchase mate.

Paul, love the cover to that Vymura press release, not seen one of those before.

Stu, that has to be one of the oddest licensed SW products ever made, and all the more cool for it.

spoons

Grand Master
Lots more loveliness on here. Special dispatches for those card backs. They look fantastic with their figures Mark - great score

Ben's ewok has given me nightmares and presumably the Han is £17 as it's got white legs? I'm sure I've given so many sought after variants away as beaters over the years :oops:

I might have to get me one of those 3POs Stu - love it! And very special buy Si - you are a lucky man :)

I love all the other buys too but don't want to compete with Jez's lists!

BruceW

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:

IMG_8328.JPG

Oh. My. Gods.
That is so amazing. Congrats, mate.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Couple of Last 17 beaters for the little ones collection,
Lumat and Ugnaught Anakin... :lol:
Getting closer and closer to obtaining a complete full set in time, Only 14 more to go...but a few are probably unrealistic unfortunately...amanaman, pop up r2d2, even Imp.Dignitary is costing mad money..
Anyway, the hunt for bargain price, beater Last 17 continues :D
IMG_20170311_191002.jpg

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Dublinjeff said:
Couple of Last 17 beaters for the little ones collection
I think its great you post what the little one has been getting
Dublinjeff said:
Lumat and Ugnaught Anakin... :lol:
I had to do a double take with Anakin as I could not see what you meant at first. Don't know how I missed it as that nose could take out a eye :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Handed this one yesterday by my mother in law... bear with me... her brother in law has had it in his loft (3of them) and a couple of Quads since 1977. Apparently he was a big film buff and collected posters and film reels! Who knew! Anyway, no questioning its provenance, but the exact date may of course be a false memory.
Anyway he's clearing out and I got one, my son got one and my brother in law (her son) got one and the quads.

Any ideas on what it is?

IMG_1102.JPG

Cheers
Steve

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice pick ups.

Seem to be changing focuses a lot recently as I'm not willing to pay 300% on what I was paying 5 years ago. Especially with MOCs. It took 30 years for a Rancor Keeper go from £1 to £30, and then 4 years to jump an extra £90. Crazy considering you can buy them daily.

What's also surprising is that any other side focuses are suffering the same price hikes. I've have seen Die-Casts and especially oddball going for crazy money. But the reality is that they are selling. That's the most surprising. ESB placemats that were sitting on eBay for £5 for years not so long ago, are going for £30 in a bidding war. If I was smart, I would sell everything now.

I'm not smart. Dam.

Let's try the 12 inch line. They are still quite cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 822

Latest posts

Top Bottom