Latest Acquisitions

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Been after this item in Good condition for a while , Reminds me of Christmas in the 80's, Mum and Dad buying a copy of Tv Times and Radio Times for me and my brothers and us circling what to watch, cutting out the best pictures and arguing of course :lol:
IMG_0645.JPG

Love the TV Times and remember this edition so well as I dreamed of winning the AT-AT in the competition. We used to get the Radio Times and the TV Times every week. Nice score.

benny100

Sith Lord
Couple more Mocs for the run of one of every character on any cardback

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 730

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow that's a beauty of an AT-ST Driver, I really want one of those. Possibly the best looking POTF cardback.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Wow that's a beauty of an AT-ST Driver, I really want one of those. Possibly the best looking POTF cardback.

AT-ST Drivers are usually good. I can never remember if its the Taiwan or HK that have the round cut around coin - they're always the clearer ones. Those with the extended squarer cut are the ones that go piss yellow.

Don't see many round cut though - think I had 3 in the run I had.

Davaider

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Reseal or not, Mark, that's a fine looking instant MOC collection right there.

Dav, that TV Times is awesome. That makes me more nostalgic than anything I've seen for quite sometime. Love the "Channel 4 is coming too"! I take it that was advertising a screening of ANH rather than ESB despite them using ESB art on the cover.

Thanks , I love it too takes me back to the early 80's ! An item I will keep for a long long time. Yes this was Definitely ANH being shown on TV (ITV) for the 1st time. Empire Art as this TV Times was in 1982 and a Jedi coming out a year later.

Davaider

Padawan
Andyclarke said:
Davaider said:
Been after this item in Good condition for a while , Reminds me of Christmas in the 80's, Mum and Dad buying a copy of Tv Times and Radio Times for me and my brothers and us circling what to watch, cutting out the best pictures and arguing of course :lol:
IMG_0645.JPG

Love the TV Times and remember this edition so well as I dreamed of winning the AT-AT in the competition. We used to get the Radio Times and the TV Times every week. Nice score.

Imagine that Andy winning the At At would of been unbelievable. Dam every week, you was lucky ! we only had it once a year at Christmas lol

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Davaider said:
IMG_0645.JPG

Your circling of listings inspired me to see what the opposition were showing on 24th October 1982 at 7.15pm

BBC1 showed a film called 'The Night the Bridge Fell Down'.

Dare

Padawan
SublevelStudios - loving the collection of Palitoy items,
where did you manage to source them?

Dublinjeff - great looking poster.

I must say this is a great thread to follow with some
lovely items being added to collections. Keep them coming! :wink:

Dare

Padawan
Currently hunting for cardbacks and here are a few recent acquisitions to share with the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 619

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
At last a new addition to my Palitoy MOC 45a tally. It's not perfect (a couple of ink touch ups) but very nice all the same and very tough to get.

Attachments

• Dengar45a1.jpg
    Dengar45a1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 598

stormcab

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
At last a new addition to my Palitoy MOC 45a tally. It's not perfect (a couple of ink touch ups) but very nice all the same and very tough to get.

Argh, how do you find these bloody things! :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Andyclarke said:

That looks fantastic, again, where do you find these gems? :mrgreen:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Awesome Dengar, Andy :) A pleasure to even see one. Got to say, ink touch ups don't bother me much at all. I'd take an ink touch up over a creased bubble any day.

Of course, I may be slight biased given that in the early 2000s I may have been responsible for one or two :/ It was a different time!

Jez

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I love all the other buys too but don't want to compete with Jez's lists!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two weeks, just two weeks!! Lets see what you've been posting in 2 weeks!

Page 2078
DublinJeff - Nice Flea Market pickup dude - edit + Nice MLC3 and AST5.
Tris Company - Sweet looking collection of Lukes and Fetts, nice reseals.
Andy Preston - Mate that party pack is brilliant, congrats on a cool pick up.
Darkest Logic - Nice squad of Fetts.

Page 2079
Mini99 - Great looking MOCs. Always loved the Palitoy logo but the R5 is stunning!
Droopy - So it was you!! I was watching those on Ebay and very very nearly went for the Luke. I think that was a steal. Chuffed for you, they look great.
RobPMarsh - Dude that case looks great, it really finishes off the display stand well.
Lindo - Mate that multipack is the business. Well done.
Shakey - Great line up of R2s mate, nice one.
DublinJeff - WTF?? You are slipping, nothing on this page? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Page 2080
Shakey - That Punch it book is great. Extra cool seeing as Han says 'Punch it!'.
DublinJeff - Nice Palitoy Tauntaun.
Tebedesu - I see your name and i think Tobasco! Nice Leia MOC mate, collection growing nicely.
Mr Shifter - Nice mini haul dude. The Dengar is proper nice, The Ewok is, well, erm. Great score on the Pin Head and cool Speeder Bike
Mike Strange - Wow an unused T-Shirt transfer, first one of this i've seen! Cool.
Pulsar P - All i'm going to say is you just listen to an interview on the next episode of the Podcast (maybe out tomorrow night!!).

Page 2081
Scruffydude - Mate thats a wonderful score with the Carrie programme.
X-Wing Mark - I've always loved the Troop Transport, nice one. Good job with the figure rehoming, they look great.
Stu - Wow, i love him, however the best comment on your tape dispenser goes to
coomber75 said:
Is it me or is there something very dodgy about getting a sticky substance from between 3po legs :lol:
DublinJeff - Nice loose Lumat and Anakin from the hit tV show The League of Gentlemen 'Welcome to Royston Vasey'
Savory100 - Nice find mate (ok nice receive) I don't know anything about these so it'll be interesting to see what comes up over the next few pages) EDIT: I knew it, I knew Matt Fox would chip in :)

Page 2082
DublinJeff - Great haul dude. You say you love the Dewback, i'm kinda drawn to the Y-Wing, is it complete?
Grant - Great looking 12" line R2. Prices are crazy right now and showing no signs of abating.
Hooch - So chuffed for you mate. That needed to be in your collection!
StaWarsFan - Bargain £1 Fett (ok, a long time ago!) but i'm sure that dark booted PBP Rebel Commander was also a great purchase price. EDIT: Yes i thought so, and that has been confirmed by Hell Hippie. :)

Page 2083
DublinJeff - Hi again. Nice Luke Poncho for your daughter.
Droopy - Thats Tuskan 12 back is stunning, well done mate.
Poncho - Cool Sun Catcher mate, nice scary switcharoo as well
Mark G - Nice mini haul mate. Love the mailers and landspeeder.
Tobasco - Best of luck with your Wicket project dude.
Seahawks - Lovely looking Slave One. You got a good deal there.

Page 2084
Sublevelstudios - Mic dropped! Boom, bloody hell mate what a photo :)
DublinJeff - I've always been a fan of that poster. Nice one dude.
Davaider - Now i want one of those! :) Niece one.
Tobedesu - Nice Leia Organa cardback.

Page 2085
Benny100 - I always wanted to get a Lobot (maybe the bald thing) but that AT ST Driver is crystal clear, bloody mint mate, nice one.
Dare - Nice run of card backs dude. Great Palitoy logos!
AndyClarke - Congrats on the 45A Dengar. Ink touch ups or not, still a great piece.

Page 2086
To be continued...

Great as ever lads, well done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom