Interview with forum admins/mods

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The Vintage Star Wars Collectors blog has put together a Q&A with four forum admins/moderators including myself. Some good discussion on the pros and cons of both forums and Facebook. Check it out here:

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/vintage-star-wars-moderator-roundtable-forums-and-the-future/

Jez

Sith Lord
It's a really good round table on an excellent Blog.
Nice one to all involved.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great answers Edd, did you keep them to about 50 words on purpose?

I've noticed the sales thread slow down as well, shame. :cry:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:

It's always hard to know how much to write when you know others are answering the same questions, you don't want to be the one rambling on or giving the shortest answers!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Very interesting with some good insight from the powers that be, you all did the forums proud :)

And you are spot on the Edd, SWFUK has the best bunch of nerds in the galaxy 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
theforceuk said:

It's always hard to know how much to write when you know others are answering the same questions, you don't want to be the one rambling on or giving the shortest answers!

I think you got the length perfect looking at most the other answers they look pretty long, I'm sure they are all good answers just not sure I will have time to reed them!

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
That was a good read thanks. I spend much more time on this forum than elsewhere as the discussion is interesting and engaging. Shame the FS section has dropped off. I prefer to buy SWFUK>ebay>FB.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Good read, thanks. I am not on Facebook and don't really want to join so am glad the forums are still very active. Hopefully the sales section will pick up as others have mentioned it is quieter than it has been previously. Maybe we are missing Iain's great selection of goodies. :wink:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Good read, I'm too set in my ways to join face book, not saying there is anything wrong with that platform, this forum give me my vintage / modern sw fix on a daily basis, long may it continue, always something interesting going on and friendly chat.
Try to post when I have anything interesting to share and if we all carry on doing that I think forums especially Swf.uk will stay a strong and popular platform.
I know its been said before but a big thanks Edd for the continued good work on here, :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
A very interesting read and as others have said thanks for doing the Forum, it's really appreciated. Facebook is fun and there's a constant flow of stuff happening, but for information and research purposes they don't compare. Facebook is like Comic-con, full of part-timers. The Forum is like Farthest From, serious collectors on a mission. 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks very interesting.
I know it's already been said, but having only been a member here for seven months, i have noticed less and less for sale each month.
As I total trust the members on here,and would rather buy on here than anywhere else, so this is a shame.
Otherwise, this is the place to be...many thanks Edd.

bobbybobs

Padawan
Thanks dudes for all the feedback!

Was great hosting this discussion and it's obvious the guys have a real passion for the hobby. Thanks to all of them for coming on.

I have a massive feeling the forums are going to come back strong this year!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom