In a need for some information.

riddlerius

Hi, I am new to this forum and would really appreciate if someone can shed some light about this vintage star wars skateboard. My sister bought it from flee market for her kids and I just saw it last night, and I am interested is it a star wars collectible and if so, how much is it worth? Thank you for your help. Also, I searched trough ebay, google and first post from this board to try it to find myself, but with no luck.

rk0zh0.jpg

iwucr9.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You can tell from the shape of the deck that it's not vintage, it is mid 90s at the earliest, possibly a lot more recent. Skateboards weren't that shape in the 80s or even early 90s.

Droopy

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
You can tell from the shape of the deck that it's not vintage, it is mid 90s at the earliest, possibly a lot more recent. Skateboards weren't that shape in the 80s or even early 90s.
^^this!

Deck, trucks, wheels....all say 90/00's! If it was 80's it would have illuminous yellow gullwing trucks, tail bubble, grab rails and the board would be a different shape altogether! Man I loved my variflex board! 8)

riddlerius

Thanks! I really don't remember the exact shape of the board in 80", but I remember having somewhat similar looking board (not star wars) in around 88'. Also, I was little baffled with Lucas logo only on a board.
Thank you for your replies, is better to ask when you don't know. To summarise, its not a collectible?

Droopy

Padawan
I don't know if it's collectible or not but I'd say definitely not vintage, boards looked like this well into the 80's

Attachments

• IMG_4602.JPG
    IMG_4602.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 374

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah you really didn't get decks with noses the same shape as the tail (as in you can't tell which end is which) until 93 or 94. I used to be a skater :)

It may well still be worth something, see if you can find one on eBay.

dlhibbert

Padawan
Santa Cruz skateboards did a full range of star wars decks about 5 years ago they are more for display than use

http://www.longboardism.com/2014/01/limited-edition-star-wars-santa-cruz-skateboard.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom