Jim Stevensons Health

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Sad news about Jim I haven't seen him for at least 12 years. First time I met him was with Tom Derby in a service station (not as it sounds) and after that meeting I met him many times either at Memrobilia or Strensham Services (also not as it sounds) to buy certain choice pieces from his collection which at the time he was selling. I spoke to him many times either at the fairs or on the phone and heard many stories about his past both good and bad and although I have not seen or spoken to him in such a long time it is a shame our paths will probably never cross again.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Damn this is sad. I last spoke to Jim 3-4 years ago :(

Truly one of the Godfathers of collecting.

Lumajo

Youngling
palitoyjunky said:
Right, I recently met up with Steve Ward of UKG and he informed me sadly Jim is now being looked after in a home as he is suffering from serious dementia!

It is so sad to loose one of the outstanding characters in our hobby I remember over the past 20+ years :!: The last Memorabilia I attended that Jim also would have attended if not for his health(b4 the show totally changed to ****) felt sooo empty and dull not seeing his wonderful display of matchless ex shop stock pieces and not being able to have our usual chat :cry:

Jim had such a passion for vintage Star Wars and his stock and stories was testament to that!
Maybe being a tad controversial because we all like to say how wonderful someone was, anyone who really knew Jim will know he was a damn tough dealer and it was tough to get a bargain out of him most of the time :!: He wasn't one to do many favours and certainly was all about money. He knew he had an advantage because of the quality of his stock:!: HOWEVER he was stand up honest and the integrity of his stock was 2nd to none and he taught me a lot. He had those real "Old Skool" qualities about him the way he did business and U didn't mind paying a little more for something because of the quality and over the years that has really paid off :!:
I truly miss him and we won't see the likes of him again :(

A true legend 8)

That's a shame. How old is Jim and what became of his private collection ? As for his high prices " Go and find a better one " he would say when challenged.... :|

subzero

Sith Lord
PulsarP said:
It's sad indeed, Jim has been ill for the last couple of years unfortunately and i found it rather eye opening the vultures that were soon swooping for all his stuff.

Wow, just wow! :?:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am sorry to read Jim is sick, I don't think I have talked with him before. I wish him all the best :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom