What did everyone have in their childhood collection?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Good question. I didn't start collecting till I was 10 and still have everything from 20 years ago. First Vintage figures in my childhood were:

Luke FB
Droopy McCool
Gamorian Guard
2x Stormtroopers
Wicket
Logrey

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I think so. Near duckson and pinker music shop. Had 2 floors. Clarkspienchips met prowse there! :evil:
Cazza said:
scooternick said:
Bought a walrus man from zodiac in swindon and loads from trents!
Cazza said:
Shamelessly copied from my Childhood limelight thread- these are figures I had carded or mailaway.

SW R5-D4 (Zodiac Toys, Swindon 1980)
SW Death Star Droid (Zodiac Toys, Swindon 1980)
SW Luke X-Wing (seaside shop in Cornwall 1980)
ESB Boba Fett (Christmas Stocking 1981)
ESB Han Hoth (Christmas tree 1981)
ESB Hoth Stormtrooper x2(?)
ESB AT-AT Driver (John Menzies, Cirencester 1981)
ESB Lando (Christmas present from my friend Mike 1981?)
ESB Leia Hoth (Hurleys, Burnham-on-Sea 1981)
ESB Stormtrooper x2 (John Lewis, Birmingham 1982)
ESB Imperial Officer (birthday from my friend Jamie, 1982)
ESB Cloud Car Pilot (Tesco Home & Wear, Cirencester 1982)
ESB AT-AT Commander (Tesco Home and Wear, Cirencester 1982)
Mail Away Dengar (?)
Mail Away Emperor (?)
Mail Away Nein Nunb (?)
ROTJ Weequay (?)
ROTJ/TRI Klaatu (Carrefour, Calais 1985)
ROTJ/TRI Nikto (Carrefour, Calais 1985)

Vehicles:
SW X-WING
ESB Snowspeeder
ESB MTV-7

Also had these from various swaps etc:
Chewbacca
Han Endor
DSC
Luke Farmboy
Zuckuss
Speeder Bike

Nice! Was Trents the cycle/toy shop with the big 'Raleigh' sign, on the corner by the main road?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was lucky enough to have collected a complete loose run. And I do mean loose - there was barely a weapon or cape between them by the time I was done. I felt a little too old for the Last 17 but I collected them anyway to finish the run. I sold the better condition figures ( those later ones ) in the early 2000s when I was skint. Doh.

I consider myself lucky that I'm still left with the very most knackered ( the most loved ) of my childhood figs, though.

I had a lot of the common ships but I lusted after a lot of the First Film toys that were discontinued by the time I got on board circa ESB.

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Brilliant thread and some excellent posts.

I was 9 when SW came out but nearer ten when it was released in Sheffield/UK

I was lucky enough to acquire all the first 20 on their SW cardbacks although not all were debut.
Most were Palitoy and about 20% Kenner because our local stores and markets would have loads of US imported stuff too.

Same with Empire, got all the released figures including Fett but regrettably parted with his immaculate 30 back cardback at the NEC in the 90s
Still have lost of my cardbacks and find it hard to part with them even though I have them carded again.

OK, vehicles I had back in the day were:
SW:
Imperial Troop Transporter (my fave and spent hours playing different scenes)
Landspeeder
Vader Tie
X-wing

ESB:
Cloud Car (again another fave of mine when I opened it Christmas of 80 or 81)

Also had the Palitoy Death Star set which was played to death with and Wampa and Tauntaun
That was about it I think as my Dad worked down Dinnington pit and money was tightish so used to regularly go to mates and play with their Falcons and AT-ATs :p

Also had a passion for the original trading card sets and was lucky enough to acquire and finish both blue and red UK sets.

Got into the comics quite late, about'78 by which time we were on the UK marvel issue 70 so I had these ordered at our local GT news ever since.
Loved the Landspeeder going into the Bantha on one of the covers and stories were ace.
Anybody read the 'Tales of the Watcher'?
I thought these were exciting as hell back then and would sometimes read these first.

Other things I remember having were the play masks, annuals, bubble bath and soaps.
I'm sure I'll remember more later.

By the time Jedi came out I had turned 15 and was fancying girls and sold my vehicles and DS but still retained everything else 8)

Paul

x-pack

Grand Master
Some lucky kids here :wink:

AtAt
Falcon
Rebel Transporter
Scout walker
Darth Tie Fighter
Xwing
Snow Speeder
Slave One
Y wing
Speeder bike
Jabba
A few mini rigs

Even though I was lucky enough to have all these ships I never had playsets. Just never saw them in shops. Can't complain though

Had most Jedi release figures but no luke farmboy or Leia organa. Only first 12 I remember having was Darth Vader. That's the thing, its easier to say the figures I didn't have.

And then there's all the other toy lines. So privileged :)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Had a thought about starting a childhood collection thread, then found this one. Ain't the search function magic!

Here are my childhood figures and accessories. Most were my older brothers from whom I "acquired" them over time. :D But the AT-ST Driver I still remember getting new. My General Madine I traded in the playground for a couple of MASK figures. If I had to save only a handful of items from my collection, this would be it. Irreplaceable!

DSCF0194.jpg

Chris

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I had most of the figures ( thank you mama and grandad)

Rebel Transporter
X wing
Snow speeder
Speeder bike
Y wing
Scout walker

Think that's it, it was a long time ago :lol:

And not in a galaxy far far away :lol:

Russ :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Wow, I'm amazed so many people can remember so vividly, my memory is shot to pieces. :lol: I remember having the usual suspects like Luke, DV, Han, Chewie...

I have photos of me opening a Falcon and Imperial Troop Transporter one Christmas. My only vivid memories of a SW childhood were:
1) receiving two GGs and having a dilemma as to whether to keep them both or not (I'm definitely not an army builder!)
2) walking through the newly built Tesco in Colchester and being amazed at the wall of Star Wars before selecting the Darth Vader Tie Fighter.
3) being really jealous when we had a school mufty day and my best friend brought in his Dagobah playset

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Most figures. The only last 17 that I had were luke stormtrooper, the EWOKS, and luke poncho.
Had multiple x wings and scout walkers. Many speeder bikes, lots of mini rigs, slave one, a broken millennium falcon 'darth tie fighter and a snow speeder. I still have most of the mini rigs and some of the figures (gave them all to my son to play with) :)

TrooperWill

Padawan
Figures: all star wars, Empire figures, then about half the Jedi ones as they really stepped up production for Jedi.... No POTF sadly.

Ships:
Falcon
AT-AT
AT-ST
Land speeder
Cloud Car
Snow Speeder
Speeder Bike
Y-wing
Most mini rigs

playsets: Nil :(

Taffius

Sith Lord
I only remember that I had 3. Played with them all the time but only 3:

Darth vader
Emporer Royal Guard
Biker Scout.

Why not more I dont know. I keep asking my mother to see if she can find them but to no avail. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom