Harbert Rarity Information

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Whilst looking for different Star Wars items I have come across what I presume is a 12 Back Harbert Vader MOC are all 12 figures available on 12 back cards and are the remaining 8 available on a 20 back card?

Could you also tell me what the order of rarity is of these figures?

I have looked for an existing post that answers this question and can't find one but if I have missed it could you point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yes they are, Han Solo is not in the link. But I have also seen a Han Solo moc.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_items_by&items_by=licensee&id=4

kvavik

Jedi Knight
all 20 first + Fett and yoda is available on harbert cards. Other items, you might find with harbert ESB import sticker.

Most common: Vader
Pretty common: Tusken,
rare: Leia, Ben, Stormtrooper
Rarest: Han and Luke about (5-7 confirmed MOCs)

20 bacs are rarer than 12 backs.
Most common: Snagg
Less common: Walrus, Powerdroid, greedo
Rare: Hammerhead, R5
Rarest: DSD and LXW (about 3-4 confirmed MOCs)

Hope this helps

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
kvavik said:
all 20 first + Fett and yoda is available on harbert cards. Other items, you might find with harbert ESB import sticker.

Most common: Vader
Pretty common: Tusken,
rare: Leia, Ben, Stormtrooper
Rarest: Han and Luke about (5-7 confirmed MOCs)

20 bacs are rarer than 12 backs.
Most common: Snagg
Less common: Walrus, Powerdroid, greedo
Rare: Hammerhead, R5
Rarest: DSD and LXW (about 3-4 confirmed MOCs)

Hope this helps

Hi

In your 12 back rarity list you only show 7 figures what about the other 5?

What back does Yoda and Fett have?

Are there any books you could recommend on Harbert MOC and thier rarity.

Thanks for your help.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the link and your help.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the link and your help.

I am only glad that I could help :D

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:

Do you know of any good Harbert Books?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I will have a look at the PBP/POCH card when I get time.

Thanks

Wow, you have very expensive taste. Palitoy, Harbert, Meccano and now Poch. Most people may have 1-2 of each but you thinking of a run, good luck to you mate!! 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Pomse2001 said:

Do you know of any good Harbert Books?

No, sorry I do not know any harbert books

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
wrighty said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Thanks

Wow, you have very expensive taste. Palitoy, Harbert, Meccano and now Poch. Most people may have 1-2 of each but you thinking of a run, good luck to you mate!! 8)

Whilst looking for Palitoy I came across some Meccano and Harbert MOC's and liked the look of them hence the reason I thought about collecting them as the Palitoy pieces I need seem to be in very short supply. I have not seen POCH and no nothing about them and would only collect it if I liked it. The likelihood is I will not be able to put run's together even if I wanted to as many of these items are not available to buy, since collecting I have only seen one MOC Harbert and that was Vader. To a certain extent anyone who collects high grade Kenner, Palitoy, Meccano,Harbert etc has expensive taste due to the price of the MOC's

maxf

Jedi Master
Anthony,

What is it you'd like to achieve? If you just want a selection of cool stuff then go for the cards you've mentioned - but if you're a completest then you need to pick your battles.

A set of the first 12 or 20 on Harberts is a near impossible task. Han is incredibly tough, with only a handful known to exist.

Poch/Pbp cards look amazing, but again a complete set is impossible.

Meccano starts to enter the realms of at least being possible - the 12bk cards are very tough once and some like Luke are easily £10k figures in high grade. The 20bks are more sensible, but still a massive challenge.

With all of these, you need to leave aspirations of an AFA85 set at the door - I don't think it would be a possible goal. Some of the biggest Meccano collectors still have partially opened cards in their collections because MOCs just arent available.

wrighty

Sith Lord
That's great advice Max. Alternative is to have a character focus, that way you can get it on multiple cards from different manufacturers and country!! 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
wrighty said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Thanks

Whilst looking for Palitoy I came across some Meccano and Harbert MOC's and liked the look of them hence the reason I thought about collecting them as the Palitoy pieces I need seem to be in very short supply.

That is like being in the desert and saying water is in short supply and thinking you might fancy an ice cube instead - at least a lot of the Palitoys are known to exist as MOCs

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
maxf said:
Anthony,

What is it you'd like to achieve? If you just want a selection of cool stuff then go for the cards you've mentioned - but if you're a completest then you need to pick your battles.

A set of the first 12 or 20 on Harberts is a near impossible task. Han is incredibly tough, with only a handful known to exist.

Poch/Pbp cards look amazing, but again a complete set is impossible.

Meccano starts to enter the realms of at least being possible - the 12bk cards are very tough once and some like Luke are easily £10k figures in high grade. The 20bks are more sensible, but still a massive challenge.

With all of these, you need to leave aspirations of an AFA85 set at the door - I don't think it would be a possible goal. Some of the biggest Meccano collectors still have partially opened cards in their collections because MOCs just arent available.

Hi everyone

All of this sounds like good advice. One thing to remember is that my base knowledge and collecting experience is far less than most of you so I choose things to collect because I like the look of them or I have owned them before and would like to again. I have no idea of thier rarity, value or condition that they are generally available in hence the reason I ask so many questions on here.

I think I have been fairly lucky with my Palitoy collecting in my first two months back whether I will be as lucky with other card types is doubtful based on the comments above.

Thanks for your help.

wrighty

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
That is like being in the desert and saying water is in short supply and thinking you might fancy an ice cube instead - at least a lot of the Palitoys are known to exist as MOCs

Thought it was more like it's the desert but I want to swim in a pool with an ice cold beer!! :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:

Are there any similar links to this that not only discuss availability but rarity also.

Thanks for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom