Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi And and Shaun, welcome to SWFUK. You've taken your first step into a larger world!
Apologies to Dave, i missed you from the page before. Belated welcome my friend, you've taken your first step into a larger world!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome Andy and Shaun really nice to reed your introductions, look forward to your contributions. :)

MarkG

Jedi Master
Welcome guys... especially Shaun..

Now that's a name I've not heard in a very long time.... not since the Gadders era anyway..

Dare

Padawan
Is that you Gadders?!! :)

Mark, great to find you on the forum it has been a very long time! Gadders do you still hold any of the pieces from when I decided to sell up? Any others from the Gadders days on here?

Great to hear from you.

Jibbajabba

Padawan
Thought it's about time I introduced myself, I've been a member for a month or so and have made a few purchases from some of you guys. However so far I haven't taken the plunge and said hello, so here goes

Disclaimer:

I'm not really used to social media, or using technology, writing posts takes me forever and tbh I have social anxiety issues which are generally compounded on social platforms so I tend to shy away from them, however I don't want to appear to be rude to everyone here by lurking in the shadows.

My name is Jon, I'm 40 and live in Suffolk. I've got one kid (12 yr old girl), no partner, one dog, three cats and lots of Star Wars figures for company.

I was totally obsessed with Star Wars as a kid, every time my parents asked me what I wanted for birthdays and Christmas my response would be 'Star Wars stuff'

As a result I had pretty much every figure, vehicle and a play set- notice I said had!
Yup, I sold the lot in 1996 to help with moving out of family home. Sold the lot to one of my dad's colleagues for £200 :|

The worst thing is I never really played with them as such, I would just spend hours setting them up on display and then carefully put them away again, so they would have been in perfect condition- at least I didn't keep the boxes so it could've been worse I guess.

As sad as it sounds that is one of the biggest regrets of my life, so now I can afford to I'm trying to get at least the figures back, although somehow along the way I seem to have developed a desire for moc's, baggies and card backs, my wallet doesn't share this enthusiasm :lol:

Only started my mission at the start of the year, so far I have 62 loose figures (complete and in excellent condition) a few bargain tri logo moc's (thanks Mike and Rob :D ), one card back and a handful of baggies- think I need to concentrate on completing the loose figures for now :?

Anyway I've waffled too long already, so that's me saying hello.

May the force be with you

poncho

Grand Master
lots of newbies.

welcome aboard

forums rule!

enjoy the banter and collecting shaun,gary and jon

regards

chris

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Welcome one and all; great place to spend time, just don't be shy. Loads of friendly banter and loads of amazing information available too.

banthabros

Hi Folks,

My name is Jay and I live outside of Birmingham. I'm 28 this year, grew up with the Special Editions and POTF2 but since finding some vintage figures at a car boot, I've become obsessed with everything vintage. I collected the TVC collection a few years ago but recently sold them off and put the money towards genuine vintage. Currently have a full set of 96, a few MOCs and a few loose playsets and creatures.

I got my Vader at a car boot, complete with saber and cape, for 50p. I found a loose Luke Stormtrooper, no weapon or helmet, for 20p.

I have recently been focussing on building my Imperial Navy and currently have 30 stormtroopers. 10 biker scouts, 6 snow troopers, 3 AT-AT drivers and 2 AT-ST drivers.

Now that i've completed the run of 96 figs, I'm taking my time with buying any more figures. Must be at the right price in the right condition.

I believe collecting should be about the journey of finding stuff. There's no fun in just ploughing a fortune into a collection in one week. Where's the excitement in that? I enjoy hunting for the bargains at Toy Fairs, car boots and charity shops.

I'm fascinated by the hobby of collecting vintage and the stories of people who enjoyed these toys first hand, and those who have been collecting a long time. I love reading about collectors scoring boxed items in the late 80s for pennies and all the other great times that have long passed.

If you are on Instagram, I post photos of my collection - @banthabros

Vintageviewport

Padawan
Hi all! My name is Chris Leddy from New Hampshire in the US.
Married
2 young daughters
2 cats
Field service engineer for Siemens
Collecting contributor to Brick City Blockade Podcast Network and website
Loyal Vintage Rebellion Podcast listener
Collect Vintage and Modern
*Vintage Rebel Commando focus collector*
ROTJ Tsukuda unpunched collector
Always searching and hunting
Hope to make some collecting connections on the SWForumUK

r5-d4cus

Padawan
Name: Ste
Single/Married: Proper Married
Residence: Leeds, England (from Middlesbrough originally)
Kids: 2
Pets: None
Collecting Focus: Astromechs from any era (got about sixty), vintage and VC vehicles. I used to have a ton of Ep1 stuff but sold it all and now want to get MOC figures to go with my vintage vehicles.
Character Focus: R5-D4.
Collecting interest: I proper love star wars, I've got sixty odd books, I've watched all the cartoons, and I'm after anything that looks cool from the star wars universe. I'm starting to look for MOC vintage figures, but for vehicles I don't mind when they're from as long as they look good.

I've been lurking for a little while, and am looking forward to putting feelers out to see what I can buy and also to generally get involved with the community.

Looking For (figs)
- MOC R5-D4, R2-D2, B-Wing Pilot, Luke X-Wing
Looking For (vehicles)
- AT-ST, A-Wing, X-Wing, Tie Fighter

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Lots of new people around at the mo - welcome! Loving all the Star Wars enthusiasm and hearing peoples collecting journeys. It's a great place to be with topics for everyone, get involved. And Jay, glad to see some younger guys at it, if you want your ear chewed off about back in the day I'm sure there's no shortage of willing participants :)

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hello All

I am new to this forum. I use to collect star wars toys from as early as i can remember i still have a large collection in my loft of both the vintage figures and the 1996 i believe hasbro toys. After teenage years i stopped collecting and since have a family and all the usual house car payments ect so collecting had come to a halt.

I am looking at getting back involved but have noticed a lot of re pro stuff on ebay ect and would like some recommendations for some sellers if possible. I am mainly looking at putting together a collection of the original 96 or however many it was loose figures for my son. If i can stop there great but we all no there is no end to this once you start.

cheers

stubbs

Jez

Sith Lord
tT's been a little while since i've checked this thread.
Welcome Jibbajabba, Banthabros, Chris, Ste and Stubbs, welcome to SWFUK, you've taken your first step, into a larger world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom