Echo Base Live 8th April - Anyone here going?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Too far for me unfortunately but the last one looked good. Regardless of what the Facebook group is like there's never anything wrong with collectors getting together in person.

If you can get to Horsham for 6 ish in the morning I am driving up. Will be staying overnight and leaving Sunday morning.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
If you can get to Horsham for 6 ish in the morning I am driving up. Will be staying overnight and leaving Sunday morning.

Appreciate the offer but my general rule is if I spend more time travelling than at the event itself, I'll pass :lol:

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
I was supposed to be away in Spain this weekend but I have had to reschedule those plans so I can make this.

So without sounding like i'm unorganised or late to the party has anyone booked a table who may have a spare corner or half I could utilise.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
If anyone could take some photos it would be greatly appreciated by those who can't make it, cheers.
Off to work now... :cry:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Short day but a real good one :) was v nice to c u guys again 8) Picked up a couple of v nice MOCs from Simon and something seriously cool from Grant :wink:

Also many thanks Jamie for the Rebo Band acrylic case-fits like a glove 8)

Cheers guys.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nearly recovered from this. Nearly.

Got to say how impressive that event was. The Echo guys did a great job and the atmosphere was superb. There was way more vintage than I was expecting and a really good selection of modern bits, art, acrylic and all sorts.

Finally met most of the mods from Echo Base. What a nice bunch or guys they are. James, Ben, Nick, Stu and myself were behind our 5-table stand (30ft of vintage awesomeness!) most of us in SWFUK t-shirts and they all came over and made an effort to say hi and have a natter. Managed to meet all the names you'd recognise from Echo (if you're on there) like Adam Pemberton, Paul Desykes, Wayne Totty, Alan Troy, Neil Donnelly and finally the superb Dan Tearle. I know I've missed some out of that list, apologies to them!

The event was well organised and is only going to get bigger and better. Nice convenient location with the shopping centre, too. I was even able to bank the day's taking before I blew the lot on cheap booze in the evening.

Speaking of which, the social afterwards was excellent. Along with the good amount of SWFUKers there was a great amount of EBers there. Clearly alcohol is the second thing we have in common after vintage. My memory is very hazey after about 2100 but I do know a good time was had. And Grant didn't even get barred.

So good to catch up with so many of you. Mark and Lee's stand was looking awesome, Grant was flogging super cheap but super nice POTFII stuff (my only purchases and I'm bloody chuffed with them, thanks mate), and I didn't even get out from my stand to say hi to Jamie at GW!

I know there's still a degree of antagonism between the two formats and groups of users but I would say that by not going (for whatever reason) you really are missing out on a superb event. The hotels are dirt cheap (£50 a night at the Holiday Inn Express which is a short walk to the event and a very short stumble to the pub). Adam is after a bigger shop for next time to hold it in and here's hoping he finds it. The bigger it is the better it will become.

Not going to say thank you to all the guys who bought off my or just stopped for a chat and catch up. You know who you are and I hope to see you again at FF.

These real life events are the life blood of the hobby. By getting out from behind the keyboards we get to know the people that have shared love for the toys. I'm as guilty as anyone else here for forming opinions of people I haven't met. I'm really pleased that some of them have been smashed this weekend and I now have a load of new SW collecting friends.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Glad to hear it was a success! Will definitely try and make the next one.

RetroDan16

Padawan
I'd just like to say thank you all who came down, was fantastic to meet so many of you and have a good chat (in fact I think I spent more time chatting than buying!)
Some of the stuff there was incredible to see in person, and it was so nice to put more faces to names and to see everyone just talking about their love of toys.
I'll post some photos up later on when I'm on my computer, but to all who came, buying, selling or just drinkng (!) honestly, thank you for making the event a big success.
Simon, I just thought you'd be a bit taller.
Disappointed. :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I have no memory after 21:00. Made a lot of calls to mates according to my phone. :?

Hope I was a happy drunk :?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
RetroDan16 said:
I'd just like to say thank you all who came down, was fantastic to meet so many of you and have a good chat (in fact I think I spent more time chatting than buying!)
Some of the stuff there was incredible to see in person, and it was so nice to put more faces to names and to see everyone just talking about their love of toys.
I'll post some photos up later on when I'm on my computer, but to all who came, buying, selling or just drinkng (!) honestly, thank you for making the event a big success.
Simon, I just thought you'd be a bit taller.
Disappointed. :lol:

Sorry mate :lol: Great to finally meet you in person! Don't know why you get stick for your height you weren't an inch under an Ewok :D

Grant_C said:
I have no memory after 21:00. Made a lot of calls to mates according to my phone. :?

Hope I was a happy drunk :?

Mate, you were good company and on top form. Although I can't testify for later as I know I lost all control of mouth, legs, balance and wallet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom