How many of you kept your childhood collection?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Have heard so many stories of them been given away, sold, thrown out, left in the loft when you moved etc. But don't hear many stories of people keeping their collection. When I started collecting in 97 was 10 so was more into collecting as a hobby rather then playing with them as toys so I still have all mine. There were other toy lines I had and later sold or were given away they were my TMNT figures have got them all them again now though. Please share.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I kept my childhood collection... none of it is in fantastic condition, there are bits missing from ships and many weapons missing, but Star Wars stuff was the one thing I told my parents never to get rid of, if they ever cleared stuff out in my absence, so the toys survived... had so much fun with them as a child, and still enjoy having them now :D

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Got all mine. All boxed, the odd insert and used sticker missing.
Still got my cardbacks.
Figures in various conditions but mostly complete with the odd blaster missing.
I think I have most small weapons and accessories because my mum put them out of reach in a small Ferrero Richer box in case our little dog swallowed something.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
The boxes and cardbacks were the bits that my parents did bin... even though I tried to hide and keep them, they were always found and swiftly gotten rid of...

yoda

Sith Lord
I still have my original figures and Falcon, + box and one Luke Jedi cardback, luckily my younger brother saved them when he had finished up with them.
Then when the interest reawakened in me I was so relieved when I found out he still had them. I am missing Luke and Han but have the rest of about the dozen figures I owed. I have one weapon that survived 2-1Bs everything else is gone.
I would be great seeing some pictures of what you guys still have.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I sold the bulk of mine during skint adulthood before I got into collecting. In fact, my collecting started when I found myself with some disposable income and I wanted what I had as a child back because I regretted their loss. I suspect the latter bit is quite common.

I did keep my ATAT ( which I've restored and boxed using another ATAT ) and the most knackered of my figures which a) weren't worth selling due to condition and b) were therefore the most loved, thankfully - I've got about 25.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mother knew not to offload my collection. She either knew how important it was or knew I'd be straight round to Oxfam with her tat. ( it was the former )

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Very, very lucky to still have everything from my childhood.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
I still have most items but everything has either lost a weapon or at least one part. My palitoy cantina and droid factory were worse hit with only the bases remaining, and the millennium falcon was completely thrown away apart from the smugglers panel and the draw bridge. The only exception is my telescope R2D2 which is 100% complete, but I guess it is hard to loose that blue telescope. So about 60 figures, 5 playsets, 2 vehicles, a bunch of mini rigs, and a Jabba.

I've not replaced my childhood stuff, but rather bought the missing pieces (play sets and vehicles) or slowly re-purchase the weapons. The latter is a very slow work in progress as even as a kid I had little interest in the weapons.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Let's get some photos going then.
Pulled down from the loft a Woolworths carrier bag that had been taped up, and this lot were in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160506_215937.jpg
    IMG_20160506_215937.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 644

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
The cardbacks has made me want to match them to figures and weapons to see what I have.
All my Luke's. Missing Stormtrooper helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_20160609_192351.jpg
    IMG_20160609_192351.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 648

yoda

Sith Lord
[im
1464986071225-289255890_zpsr2hmtyug.jpg
g][/img]

Cool pictures guys its great seeing them keep them coming!
This is the condition I found my figures in when i took them out of storage. As you can see they really did take a good hammering over time which is good! At least they served their purpose. Since that picture I have cleaned everything up and found most of the missing pieces of the Falcon.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
This is one I didn't play with much but I appreciate it more as an adult :)

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_161300.jpg
    IMG_20161027_161300.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 631

yoda

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Shows it was well loved.
tobedesu said:
That Falcon looks really cool in that condition...more like its original.

Thanks and yes it was well loved! I still remember getting it for Xmas. My mum had won at the local bingo just before. I couldn't believe it when she told me I could have it for Xmas. And to my surprise it arrived with Han, Luke, Chewie, Vader, Lobot, SL C3PO, 2--1B. All the other figures wer got over the following years.
I love the Jabba! Its great you still have it with the box in such a super condition.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Always good to see some childhood collections 8) those cardbacks are great 8)

My brother and I had a decent collection but it was mostly given away by the wicked step mother :evil: managed to keep X-wing and Rancor but no figures :cry: :cry:

Dazza

Youngling
I didn't actually get into Star Wars until 1983, after the release of ROTJ - but I've kept all my childhood collection. I was a strange child in that I would put everything back in the boxes when I was finished playing. All the inserts and used sticker sheets are still in the boxes, too.
I also kept the cardbacks and bubbles for the figures... though unfortunately the bubbles were in a separate carrier bag which my mother deemed was one step too far. So they're gone.
My figures were, for the most part, in excellent condition, with all weapons and accessories (I even managed not to loose any tools from the Vehicle Maintenance Energizer!). However, after I left home, my nephew managed to get his hands on them a couple of times which resulted in the loss of maybe a third of the weapons... and my A-Wing pilot! The figures are still in great shape though, so it could have been worse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom