How many of you kept your childhood collection?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
When I began to collect as an adult I was stupid enough to sell some of my broken childhood figures and mix the rest with star wars toy that I bought from other sellers :roll: So there is only a few items in my collection that I know is my childhood items :roll: :(

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I sold my loose childhood collection on ebay in about 2003. did each figure sepratly so cant quite remember how much I made but I think it was near £500

between then and 2008 I managed to put a loose run of all the figures together apart from vinyl jawa but also loose ships and playsets, even had a minty hoth ice planet and I sold all that to people on here when I joined this forum.

the only thing I still own and was by accident was my childhood mk2 boba fett, I out played my original and my mum bought me another at the time which went missing but since my dad sold the house I now have it from it being found clearing up.

all my he-man, thundercats, transformers got given away to cousins because i grew out of those toys and at the time I wasn't bothered and didn't know they'd be worth money in years to come, but because I spent a lot of time going with my dad to boot fairs and antique and collectors fairs buying more and more figures that I didn't have on the back of that weequay 77 back card I knew all of that meant a lot to me.

I do wish I still had my loose collection but really i wish I still had that weequay backing card that I took to fairs with me that I would tick figures off on the back when I got them and then knew which ones I was after :lol:

maxf

Jedi Master
I have all of my ships, in boxes with instructions and some inserts. I have about half of my figures, but these are generally incomplete - I traded a lot of my best figures for an ESB Boxed 12" Fett when I first started collecting... wish I hadn't but there we go.

I don't want to display what I have (space, plus they don't really fit in with what I collect) so I imagine I'll let my kids have them some day, and pass them down. Might be a cheap Birthday one year ;)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I took the whole lot to a boot sale to sell when I was about 14/15... and a lot of it didn't sell! That's what I have left now :) A bloke bought my Falcon, Vader Tie Fighter and all my figures. I gave my mini-rigs to my friends son about 15 years ago when he was little. Somehow Squiddy escaped! Found him in a drawer at my Mums sometime in the 90's and kept him. So no, I didn't keep my childhood toys intentionally but I do have some.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Russ J

Jedi Master
I've still got all my childhood toys sadly all the figures haven't got their cardbacks but my vehicles,creatures etc...are all still in original boxes but with the odd one or two without their inner packaging (my Twin Pod Cloud Car being one of them)....I still have all the original weapons as well....

There's only about 4-5 figures off the top of my head in my collection that were not childhood toys but bought from forum members on here....

I really need to take photos

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom