London places??

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Guys, leaving it a bit short notice i know but going to london at 1 today and just wanted any advice on the best places in london selling vintage figures? Looking for biggest stock and price etc? Any tips? Many thanks

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There is a new place in London worth checking out, Monkeys Emporium in Camden Market. It's near Cyber Dog, the place with the massive statue outside it. Has a decent selection of MOCs and loose.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Depends where you are and if you have time.

Camden Market is worth a visit, Daves stall and monkeys emporium

But if you are slap bang in the middle near Covent Garden then Orbital Comics sometimes have a handful of loose figures

and the cinema store 30 seconds away from orbital had two way overpriced carded potf cards and a couple of loosies

Also mimi fifi in notting hill had a shoebox of loosies last time I was there

let us know how you get on :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
any joy??

when I was living in Wembley I went on quite a few vintage figure hunts, the majority of the time I would end up in Camden chatting to dave.

I don't get to go much that now as Im all the way out in high Wycombe, my mrs works in china town, if only I had her job I could pop into orbital on my tea break

when the old music and video exchange in notting hill had the dedicated video shop (this was back in the early 2000's when eddie murphys delirious and once upon a time in America were £50 each!) they did have a glass cabinet in the corner with loose figures with most of the last 17 at good prices well a-wing pilot was £18 and I got a luke farmboy for £3 the star wars expert there was an American chap with glasses and a beard, not seen him in years though and never knew his name, I wonder what he's up to now?

also calamity comics in harrow had a vinyl caped jawa with a certificate for £500

maxf

Jedi Master
pizzathehutt said:
Orbital Comics sometimes have a handful of loose figures

I asked the miserable guy behind the counter there if he got much vintage star wars in these days (I was buying other stuff) - apparently they don't see much but don;t really want it anyway as it's not popular with the new sculpts being much better... no market for vintage apparently.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
yeah about a year ago I took in a battered old falcon and some loose doubles and was told that they were no longer buying in vintage star wars figures because it wasn't selling well and at that time they had a boxed rebo band for £199 I said that it is popular but thier prices weren't :lol: guy gave me a proper weird look. I kicked off a bit because the person I spoke to told me they bought vintage star wars so I'd lugged it all the way into town only to be told no.

they still get vintage bits in and sell them so I don't know what there playing at

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I passed by Orbital Comics last year.
Admittedly it was close to closing time and one of the blokes (bearded chap, iirc) was fetching the A-board in.
I went to go in and was asked "do you know what you're looking for?"
I said not until I got in.
Then I was told "well, were closing so pop by tomorrow."
The door was then pulled shut.

I never bothered going back. Bugger them.
Looked an interesting place, mind.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
There is a new place in London worth checking out, Monkeys Emporium in Camden Market. It's near Cyber Dog, the place with the massive statue outside it. Has a decent selection of MOCs and loose.

I am in London soon do you know if Monkeys Emporium is open on Sundays?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
pizzathehutt said:
Depends where you are and if you have time.

Camden Market is worth a visit, Daves stall and monkeys emporium

But if you are slap bang in the middle near Covent Garden then Orbital Comics sometimes have a handful of loose figures

and the cinema store 30 seconds away from orbital had two way overpriced carded potf cards and a couple of loosies

Also mimi fifi in notting hill had a shoebox of loosies last time I was there

let us know how you get on :)

Hi

Where is Dave's stall in Camden?

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom