Rogue One at home.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just watched Rogue One for the second time at home with the digital download and have to say that it kicks TFA ass for me. Really like the pace of it and although I've always been a DVD/Blu- Ray owner I couldn't resist watching it today. The DL came with what looks like all the bus material so I have an hour and a half of extras to watch tonight, that's a great night in in my book!

I'll probably still pick up a physical copy at some point but it really did look magnificent in HD although nothing's going to make Leia look quite right until they re-do her face (which I'm sure will happen in future releases).

Ian

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
I'm going to download it tonight - just can't wait till April 10th (still pissed we are not getting the Blu-ray on April 4th like everyone else). My second favourite Star Wars film - I like it better than ESB.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I thought this was going to be available for download on March 24th but has this been knocked back?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
I don't want compressed 4 gig file- can I waytch full blu ray tonight with extras?

I watched it with all the extras last night from Amazon (for keeps!), but I'm in the US so not sure if it's available in the UK yet. It won't be far behind if it's not though and my only disappointment is there are no deleted scenes. I first thought this was due to it being a download but it turns out all the extras available on the Blu Ray/DVD are the same as the DL. Just makes sure the DL states it comes with bonus as there was another version available through Amazon that was just the Theatrical version and nothing else. I doubt they've made any kind of edits so don't know why anyone would want it without extras?

Anyway, full HD and glorious!!

Ian

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
I had no joy downloading it, despite the help of my tech savvy friend. Seems us poor Brits have to wait until April 10th. At least there are plenty of HD clips to watch on Youtube, I must of watched the Vader hallway scene to death - and I'd forgotten how exciting the Scarrif ground/space battle is. What a movie - imagine if we'd got this or similar back in 1999.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Fishtalk said:
I had no joy downloading it, despite the help of my tech savvy friend. Seems us poor Brits have to wait until April 10th. At least there are plenty of HD clips to watch on Youtube, I must of watched the Vader hallway scene to death - and I'd forgotten how exciting the Scarrif ground/space battle is. What a movie - imagine if we'd got this or similar back in 1999.

Well that sucks having to wait, it doesn't really make sense to do this now a days, may as well lay it all out in one go, especially the DL as there's no shipping or anything to particularly worry about.

Glad I didn't see any of it though until I had it as it was like watching it for the first time all over again!

Ian

Leemcl

Jedi Master
1080p versions are finally on Kodi. I put it on earlier and it's fairly good quality, but NOT Blu Ray standard and probably looked a bit more DVD quality than Blu Ray.

Although streaming is good, especially via the official sources I still feel Blu ray is the better format and for that reason I will wait till April :)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Watched it at the cinema in 3D and now at home in 2D.
As good as the 3D is, I still prefer a film in 2D.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
IMG_20170409_194934.jpg

House to myself tonight, picked up DVD earlier this morning!
:D :D

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
What!? No way....just so everyone knows, if you buy from sainsburys you get the junior novelisation free

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Spookedhippie said:
What!? No way....just so everyone knows, if you buy from sainsburys you get the junior novelisation free

Yeah, saw that.
Last year Tesco gave away a free character guide with TFA.
Sainsburys might be the choice this year then.

Was thinking to get an exclusive cover/design but I don't really splash out much on DVDs/blue rays anymore. The standard cover looks good so it'll do.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Got a nice exclusive Blu Ray/DVD set from Tesco this morning. Has some nice cards in with it and an LP style gatefold sleeve. It's LP size too. It may have to live with my records, as it's too big for the DVD drawer :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched the first set of special features tonight, loving them so far. My son watched the first 30 minutes of the film before going to bed and when I told him it was bed time he complained that Vader had not appeared yet. So we watched the final Vader scene together. :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Got a nice exclusive Blu Ray/DVD set from Tesco this morning. Has some nice cards in with it and an LP style gatefold sleeve. It's LP size too. It may have to live with my records, as it's too big for the DVD drawer :lol:

Wow, that LP style cover sounds good, don't think we got anything like that over here in the States but put a picture of it up if you get the chance, love to see it!

Still loving the film and heard today on RFR that Gareth Edwards may well be directing the Obi Wan stand alone film (if indeed it happens), and that the Boba Fett stand alone is going to be about a group of bounty hunters. Sounds like a good way to go to me and I'd love to see some other from the ESB lineup in it, it's also a way of keeping us old farts happy :lol:

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom