Moderator Announcement

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
After almost exactly five years of service, our resident forum detective and all round good guy Joe has decided to step down as a moderator from SWFUK. As I'm sure you all know Joe is involved in many different collecting projects including his trilogo.info website, upcoming book, numerous Facebook groups and that's just Star Wars. It's been great having him on the team and he will definitely be missed.

I'd like to thank Joe for his help, wish him all the best with his other projects, and say I hope he sticks around as a member.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear that one of the most level headed members on here won't be stepping in when things turn south, but I'm sure Joe will still keep the ship on it's right path through the forum when needs must.

I think you've done a cracking job over the years and look forward to reading your various posts and thoughts in the future.

Ian

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sad to see Joe step down, he's been great to have on the team and he's a top bloke. I hope you stick around mate

Gutted.com

Ps, does this mean I actually have to do some moderating now!? :cry:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
FAKE NEWS! SAD!

Seriously though Joe. I've always admired your ability to be the voice of reason in any forum spat. You will be sorely missed. I will miss you.

By the way, if you pull a WSD and disappear from the face of the earth again I will personally hunt you down. Not a threat. A promise. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for all of your tolerant work,
A responsibility, not ever shirked,
Honest approach with our wellbeing in mind,
But when the occassion was called for humour he would find,
Impartial until the line may be crossed,
But temper was held and never lost,
Will be missed in the role, but I speak for us all,
Your input on here away must not fall,
Your other commitments dictate you must roam,
But SWFUK without doubt is your home,
So don't leave for good, SWFUK ....don't bin it,
It's a far better place with JOE in it!

Thanks for all your work, very much appreciated, a top man indeed :wink

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Hope you stick around Joe, noticed that you have not been as active over the past 6 months or so. Sounds like you have got plenty of other Star Wars related stuff going on, so I look forward to that. Sad in one aspect but you have to do what's best for yourself at the end of the day. :( :)

Joe

Grand Master
Really appreciate all the comments guys (and the poem Mike!) it was nice to read through these today. Five years moderating..yikes, I didn't realise it had been quite that long!! I still remember Ryan's amazing art depicting me as 8D8 trying to ban everyone & lock all the threads :lol:

SWF has always been my virtual home and even though I'm not as active as I once was, I can't foresee that changing (I think I'll always pop back in from time to time). For those that have asked if all is "OK" - yes all fine here and nothing to worry about, thanks guys. Hobby wise, it's another story sadly. After so many years the unimaginable has happened to me, my relationship with Star Wars has finally lost it's spark.

If I am honest, I'm not quite sure how I feel about collecting these days. I almost feel kind of indifferent to it all and I have for a while now..which for me, is probably a sign that enough is enough.

As far as moderating SWF goes, I've given stepping down a lot of thought over the last few months but a couple of days ago I finally decided that it wasn't fair on the forum if I wasn't giving 100%, 80% or even 50%..especially if that was because of how I felt about things rather than me just being occupied with other commitments.

So, I guess it's a goodbye of sorts even though it may not be forever. Thanks to everyone for being such awesome members of what I consider the last..and best (!) SW forum in the galaxy! It was an absolute pleasure banning people, moving & locking threads and generally telling people to stop being dicks to each other for the last half a decade :lol: :) (I'm only joking!)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bugger Joe,I had been wondering what was going on as I know you have not been anywhere near as active & involved on many of the star wars platforms not just this one, really gutted to hear the spark in star wars has waned for you & I hope at some point you can rekindle your love for it.

Regardless of star wars or no star wars, I do & always will regard you as a good friend.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I didn't realize it was so serious Joe, really sorry to hear that you feel you've had your lot with Star wars for now.

I haven't really picked up much in the way of vintage SW for a while now myself and have only bought the odd modern figure from the new films, but it does feel almost like habit. I think with the way prices have been going that it's easy to lose interest in collecting as it does take some of the fun out of it and also after spending years just thinking about all things SW it's good to take a break from it every now and then. I've been having some fun collecting other toys recently and although my first love has always been SW I feel I've pretty much completed what I set out to do with it and it's nice to look in my cabinet at a diverse collection of vintage and modern toys. It's kept things fresh for me and I know you recently starting picking up some Ghostbusters items again so maybe you'll find something else of interest in this area.

All the best with what ever you decide to do and I'm sure you'll be keeping an eye on here and other places that you visit as it must be hard not to after giving so much time to it over the years. I'm not sure if the plan is for you to complete your book project but hopefully all the hard work's already been done and you can still put it out, it would be a shame for it not to with all the work I suspect you've already put into it.

As long as you and yours are all well and good then that's the main thing. There really are a lot more things out there that are important in life and when a hobby stops being fun it's time to have a rest from it or find something else that brings a smile to your face.

You'll be missed but I'm pretty sure you're not going to disappear.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom