Latest Acquisitions

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Let me bore you with a story.

Back in 2014 me and rich won an auction for a suitcase palitoy time capsule. Part of the same auction contained several miscards, including several atst/hoth trooper miscards, a Vader/tfp and an fx7/hoth trooper. I won one of the several miscards, the others went for mental money and a rebel commando/hoth rebel soldier miscard slipped under the radar. I didn't bid on it because I thought it was going to go high. It sold for a measly £70 plus fees. I was kicking myself for missing it.

Yesterday I was at echo live with Simon, stu, nick and James. Simon was selling his Mocs and a guy stops to chat with him regarding trading and possible values for some items he has. Stu calls me over to get an opinion on a miscard he has and low and behold, the very same moc I missed at vectis. The new owner had it graded, and it had scored an impressive 40, mainly due to the crushed bubble and torn hanger tab, plus the writing on the nameplate. I think this really adds to the character of this piece.

The new owner wasn't really bothered about selling it but it didn't fit into his collection as the only miscard so he seemed quite happy that it was going into a collection where it fitted but he wanted to trade, ironically for simons tri logo tie fighter pilot that I had been previously looking at with longing eyes. Thanks to Simon the deal was struck and Simon let me buy the miscard at the exchange value, which was a bit more than the origional £70, but then hey, that's inflation.

Here is the moc and origional auction.

IMG_6092.JPG

IMG_6097.PNG

Superb story Ben and glad it found its way back to u 8)
Looks well cool and the writing adds character.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
IMG_1804.JPG

Many thanks to Simon for these :D
Nothing "scruffy looking" about these two :wink:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I remember that Vectis auction Ben, and what a cool way to finally end up where it belongs :)

I posted on the Beyond The Toys page that I was after the following item, been after one for ages and the only Cliro item I really want. The packaging design is really striking and oozes 70's classic Star Wars kitsch. Luckily a certain Mr Spivey was in a collector shop recently whilst the owner was sorting out a box of recent acquisitions and this just happened to be in there, so he got it for me:

DSCN3883.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Awesome bubble bath Mark 8) Please let me know if you find another (or an R2D2)- been trying to find them for a while as part of my childhood focus.

Seahawks- those pics are amazing... priceless.

Pulsar- lovely R2 8)

Nice Toltoys TIE and those Tri-logos are very nice indeed. Well done chaps.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
PulsarP said:
Land of the Jawas, Dewback and a Fett figure?

Loving those old photos mate, can't put a price on 'em.
Also loving all the other pick ups on here.
Here's a not too obvious miscard I picked up.

That is a superb mis-card Paul 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Spoons, no problem, glad you could use the photo and the info. Congrats on the website by the way, great resource :)

spoons

Grand Master
AndyPreston said:
Spoons, no problem, glad you could use the photo and the info. Congrats on the website by the way, great resource :)

Thanks Andy - added you to the acknowledgements!

SOJ

Sith Lord
Lovely Trilogo ERG Iain, great story on the miscard Ben. Loving the photos Seahawk

One of my goals for the year was to get a couple of "foreign" MOC. I posted up a photo of my Meccano Ben several weeks ago.

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks get next to Meccano Ben.

image.jpeg

I also attended Echo at the weekend and picked a few bits which I'll post up some pictures of when I get five. Great catching up with Grant, Stuart, Simon, Nick, Ben, James and Mark. SWFUK represented.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
My latest acquisition is a set of photos I found over the weekend while visiting my parents during their 50th anniversary. They brought out a box of pictures that had been stored away and covered in dust for decades. While my sister and I were rummaging through them, I found this small set of pictures from my birthday in 1979 which I'd never seen before.

Pretty dang cool to have photographic evidence of where my obsession began.

Can you name all the Star Wars items in the pictures? :)

Love these photos. No flash, shallow depth of field, clearly an SLR. Who was the photographer? They must have been into their photography to have one.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
PulsarP said:
Land of the Jawas, Dewback and a Fett figure?

Loving those old photos mate, can't put a price on 'em.
Also loving all the other pick ups on here.
Here's a not too obvious miscard I picked up.

Brilliant R2 miscard! Love it.

spoons said:
I'd agree with that - carry case too? What a find Seahawks - really pleased for you

Well done guys. Here is the list of what I found while studying the pictures. I'm 90% confident that the last couple of pictures is me opening the Falcon. It makes sense as I've had it as long as I can remember (I actually did a full restoration of it a year or two ago). :)

Thanks for letting me share my trip down memory lane. These photos go right up there as the most cherished of my SW collection.

SW Toy ID.jpg

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
SOJ said:
Lovely Trilogo ERG Iain, great story on the miscard Ben. Loving the photos Seahawk

One of my goals for the year was to get a couple of "foreign" MOC. I posted up a photo of my Meccano Ben several weeks ago.

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks get next to Meccano Ben.

I also attended Echo at the weekend and picked a few bits which I'll post up some pictures of when I get five. Great catching up with Grant, Stuart, Simon, Nick, Ben, James and Mark. SWFUK represented.

Brilliant Harbert and Meccano. Those cardback are so amazing looking! Congrats man.

SOJ

Sith Lord
SOJ said:

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks great next to Meccano Ben.

image.jpeg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
So many great bits and pieces. Love those vintage photos! Never found one of mine :(

Dan, amazing Vader! Ben is a beauty too. Love pair.

Adam, that's quite a haul of gangly droids right there! I'm not a massive fan of the various custom cards but that Droids IG-88 is different. Love it. So well executed. Did Bill Cable do those? How many were done?

Great stuff all round as always chaps. A real pleasure to visit this thread.

banton989uk

Padawan
Its an Iggish :lol:

Yeah i'm the same, not usually swayed with anything custom either, all vintage Iggy and shooters inside though. Yep its a Bill Cable one, only made 21 of them, a friend bought me it as a gift! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom