Moderator Announcement

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That's a real shame but you must do what you feel is right Joe. Life is most certainly not all about Star Wars and hobbies change and evolve over time... it's healthy. I remember having a chat with you on the walk to Celebration one morning about collecting and you said you had sold your trilogos and were moving in a different direction with it all. Thanks for your expertise and service to the forum and hobby. Great meeting you last summer and good luck in the future man, hope to see you again sometime :)

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
All the best Joe. Sorry to see you leave mate, it was always good having another 'O'Brien' around - especially one that loved tri-logos as much as I did.

Cheers mate,
Pat

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe, although I know your interests have been drawn by some daft toys that didn't come out until SW had left the toy world (*tut* you're almost a modern collector now ;) ) it's still a bit of a shock to see you go. Stay in touch, mate. Get down to another FF sometime!

And make sure you check back to stop folks calling Yak Face rare!

x-pack

Grand Master
Sad news Joe. One of the good guys for sure.

You'll be back. We'll all be back! People will get ****ed off with facebook and the forums shall rise again! :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
As others have already said, a real shame to see you go pal, one of the real good guys in the hobby, always happy to give advice and information. As far as MODs go you were always on the ball sorting everything, those others are going to have to really step up now to cover your work.

Sad to read you've lost the spark for Star Wars, hopefully one day it'll return, take care pal and don't be a stranger. X x x x x x x love you x x x

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Big loss to the forum, but we clearly all are hoping you stick around as a contributor if not a copper...
Always fair and always helpful - a real credit to this place.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
As far as MODs go you were always on the ball sorting everything, those others are going to have to really step up now to cover your work.

Andy, Emiel, I hope you're reading this! You two have to step up :wink: :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sad to hear you have lost some enthusiasm for the hobby, over the years my interest has waned on occasions but always seems to come back after a while, other hobby's / interests keep my interests up as the more hobbies you have the more chance you have of finding cool items in the wild to keep the fun alive :)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Really sad to hear this. Please ban me one more time for old times. Don't go to far Joe- you will be deeply missed.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Top man is Joe, he's been around for as long as Swf has and is always very knowledgeable and fair as a mod.
Hope you don't depart completely Joe.....

plantman

Sith Lord
Awful news :( to lose you to that filthy slimeball :)

Attachments

• 11231581524_1ccda89189_c.jpg
    11231581524_1ccda89189_c.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 858

itfciain

Grand Master
Joe and I have been been chatting for years now and it was great to finally meet him in person at Celebration London. He is truly one of the good guys out there and I am honoured to call him a friend. I have known for a while he has been falling out of love with the hobby and it saddens me that this is the case - however I know that he will have plenty to keep his hands full in the coming months and years and hopefully he'll re-discover some of the magic that bought him into the hobby in the first place

Good luck Joe - you are a top bloke

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Thanks Joe for all your time and effort. It's much appreciated. The people that run this site are a credit to themselves and the community.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom