Palitoy 41 Back List Rarest to the Most Common?

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Well said Darren
It's your item to do with as you see fit,you shouldn't have to feel pressured into doing anything you are not comfortable with.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
8) Well I am glad u have finally come on to say ur piece Darren after just closely studying our forum :!:

Bit of a passive aggressive response don't u think :!: Coming on here and implying we r bullshit Palitoy experts by ur " " marks. I have never said I am a Palitoy expert nor has the others U r referring to! We all just have a passion for Palitoy and I for one am always learning and always willing to help out fellow collectors if indeed I can.

U say u thought we were friends, our relationship over the years has been nothing more than dealer, collector and will say no more on that :!: Don't get me wrong I know u r a good dealer with a good rep etc and ur existence as such for so many years is testament to that so I cannot knock u on ur dealership qualities. "Starzone Toys" is great for the hobby 8)

U say ur a shy guy and not one to show off ur collection. U have shown enough of it on FB-a far more vast stage than our little Forum. As u say u were also heavily involved in the Palitoy Archive Room in 2007 at Cel showing some top pieces and displays in ur collection and it was great to see. U also soon put up ur 2 30 back A&B examples of FX-7 when the Vectis example sold for 8.68K(after fees). So please don't say ur shy mate :!:

I guess I can understand u not wishing to show me ur Dengar-not being my friend why should u :?: If u do have it many congrats and I genuinely hope to c a Palitoy book written one day-that would b amazing :D
U can even charge me double if u like :lol:

Anyway as u say this is getting a little tedious now. U have said ur piece and I have said mine. I won't b mentioning the 41 Dengar and u in the same sentence again. But I would love to c an example one day and the 30 back Luke original wouldn't go a miss either :wink:

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Starzone

Padawan
Andyclarke said:
I'm sorry Darren but it does come across as a bit arrogant and selfish, don't you think?
Just my opinion.

I don't think people I'm friends with would ever call me selfish and arrogant but if that's what certain people want to think of me I'm cool with that .....trust me I've been called a lot worse.

Starzone

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
8) Well I am glad u have finally come on to say ur piece Darren after just closely studying our forum :!:

Bit of a passive aggressive response don't u think :!: Coming on here and implying we r bullshit Palitoy experts by ur " " marks. I have never said I am a Palitoy expert nor has the others U r referring to! We all just have a passion for Palitoy and I for one am always learning and always willing to help out fellow collectors if indeed I can.

U say u thought we were friends, our relationship over the years has been nothing more than dealer, collector and will say no more on that :!: Don't get me wrong I know u r a good dealer with a good rep etc and ur existence as such for so many years is testament to that so I cannot knock u on ur dealership qualities. "Starzone Toys" is great for the hobby 8)

U say ur a shy guy and not one to show off ur collection. U have shown enough of it on FB-a far more vast stage than our little Forum. As u say u were also heavily involved in the Palitoy Archive Room in 2007 at Cel showing some top pieces and displays in ur collection and it was great to see. U also soon put up ur 2 30 back A&B examples of FX-7 when the Vectis example sold for 8.68K(after fees). So please don't say ur shy mate :!:

I guess I can understand u not wishing to show me ur Dengar-not being my friend why should u :?: If u do have it many congrats and I genuinely hope to c a Palitoy book written one day-that would b amazing :D
U can even charge me double if u like :lol:

Anyway as u say this is getting a little tedious now. U have said ur piece and I have said mine. I won't b mentioning the 41 Dengar and u in the same sentence again. But I would love to c an example one day and the 30 back Luke original wouldn't go a miss either :wink:

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Sorry Jon I did think we were friends, thought 20 years of speaking at shows, texts, emails and chatting about all things Palitoy was a friendship but I now realise you didn't feel the same way.

Not meaning to be angry but I've had to put up with many snide remarks lately which I don't think we're warranted, always tried my to do my best with regards the hobby and help other where possible.

I am a shy, private person who didn't really share any parts of my collection until 2007 and David Tree asked me to lend a few bits for his great display, since then did start to limelight a few bits on my Facebook page as you say and enjoyed doing so for a while (you will notice I have now stopped) as it proved problematic as a seller most people assume that everything I have has a price ....which it doesn't.

I know it's hard for some collectors to get there head round but a lot of collectors don't feel comfortable sharing photos on the internet and some of the finest collections in the world are very private.....there is no right or wrong way to collect, just do so the way you find most enjoyable, try not to judge others and overall have fun!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Starzone said:
Andyclarke said:
I'm sorry Darren but it does come across as a bit arrogant and selfish, don't you think?
Just my opinion.

I don't think people I'm friends with would ever call me selfish and arrogant but if that's what certain people want to think of me I'm cool with that .....trust me I've been called a lot worse.

I never said you were selfish or arrogant, I said it comes across like that. I've met and chatted to you a few times back in the toy fair days and you seemed polite and willing to chat. Semantics maybe, just making my point.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Don't get me wrong Darren we have alway been polite and civil with each other and had good conversations etc and I will always say hello. Maybe my idea of a good friend is a little diff to urs but hey it's all good.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'd love to see a pic of a 41 back Dengar, but this is because I'd love to see a picture of a 41 back Dengar, rather than needing to see one to believe it exists. It's been on my wants list for some time and will remain there for the foreseeable future no doubt.

I do appreciate people's desire to have some confirmation. A fun part of collecting is the discovery of new pieces, (the VC Jawa is a good recent example). Some of us have been doing this for decades and new things turn up every now and then which change our understanding slightly, and sometime considerably.

But the end of the day, as much as much as I'd like to see one (not to mention own one) it is up to the owner of any item, in this case Darren, to do with it what they will. If they choose not to show pictures then that is entirely their choice. If they choose to open it, burn the cardback and melt the figure in the microwave....that again is their choice - please don't do that though :D

No one has any entitlement to anything in this hobby, other than to be treated with respect as a fellow collector. No one has any inherent ownership over anything, unless they directly own it, be it an item, a picture of that item or information about it.

I'm sure no one intended to give anyone any stick regarding this - and it has somewhat distracted us from the original OP's question.

Starzone

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
Hey Darren,

If your swapping peeks for beers in Orlando I will see you at the bar ;)

You will indeed find me at the bar...with that delinquent Andy Rylos sipping cocktails.

Can't wait :D

Starzone

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
And there are 3 known chewie 30bs now. The MOC you displayed and 2 cardbacks.

Cheers Jason

Wow that's cool, not been following things recently and had no idea more cardbacks had surfaced.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I think I have a solution to all this, if Darren sells me the 41 back Dengar then people will stop pestering him and busting his balls (which I imagine is quite painfull). I am not particularly shy so I will happily show the forum the pictures of it thereby confirming its existence :D

Thanks

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
17990191_10155061530235149_8764289072463117152_o.jpg

Here's the definitive proof youve been looking for. Darren was kind enough to show me a video and pictures of his Palitoy Dengar 41 back at Celebration last week on his mobile. You can tell from my reaction that it must be genuine. At last we can put this to rest. Peace out!

:)

Jason

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Still don't see the issue of not posting a pic for all to see, everyone knows that Darren will not be selling it, so why not just prove it's existence by putting a pic on the forum ???

I'm sorry Jason but that doesn't prove anything to me....

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
Still don't see the issue of not posting a pic for all to see, everyone knows that Darren will not be selling it, so why not just prove it's existence by putting a pic on the forum ???

Then you can ignore the whole matrix then. As the entries on it are all verified in a similar manner.

:p

Jason

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I might be alone in my thinking here but personally I like to keep some Mystery in collecting so I actually like the fact the picture hasn't been posted. For me the 41 Back Dengar is like a Magic Trick the mystery and thereby intrigue is in not knowing.

maxf

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
Lee Gregory said:

Then you can ignore the whole matrix then. As the entries on it are all verified in a similar manner.

Jason

Don't be silly - only a few entries are verified in that way. Didn't the matrix used to have a separate entry for 'reported to exist', or has that been wiped out?

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Lee Gregory said:

Jason

Wasn't talking about your matrix Jason...

Just saying that from my point of view that picture, to me at least, proves nothing whatsoever

Other than you met up with Darren in Orlando.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I wonder if Darren has any other pictures on his phone like the Yeti, Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster or the Abominable Snowman.

80s_collector

Padawan
Starzone said:
Andyclarke said:
Just my opinion.

Darren,

Just keep smiling mate, it's toys afterall...lol

Unfortunately nowadays there is a huge percentage of collectors who think they can try and get into our lives and dictate and demand how we conduct our business.

Number one rule....take no **** off nobody..... hahaha

Anyway, if people think your not shy, arrogant and selfish.....god knows what they think of me.....lol

Finally, I'm into Star Wars just for the money, nice to see your still a collector mate....sell the lot and buy your missus a nice convertible...!

Stick with the dr who keyrings mate..!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
Number one rule....take no **** off nobody..... hahaha

That's a double negative, that means you're happy to take **** off everybody! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
maxf said:
mr_palitoy said:
Lee Gregory said:

Jason

Don't be silly - only a few entries are verified in that way. Didn't the matrix used to have a separate entry for 'reported to exist', or has that been wiped out?

I simplified the entries when I took it over. The ? entries are mostly gone now. If I have credible proof that a card/figure exists, be that a photo I have seen or word of mouth from a trusted source, I put an entry as existing now.

cheers Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom