Figures in most demand

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
Hey everyone. I saw a video from the collecting room at Celebration where the guy taking the video said Luke Farmboy seems to be hard to pick up on any card as everyone wants him. It seems he and Boba Fett seem the most desirable just now. What does everyone else think?

x-pack

Grand Master
While people are still into variants Luke is a good focus. Not sure about Boba Fett. There seem to be more Luke FBs to try and get your mits on. Damned expensive though. Also I think if you look back LukeFB came out top on the SWFUK forum figure of the year.

I've never been a huge fan. Always preferred Luke Jedi

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I'm sure Leia Organa was overall swfuk figure of the year.
Her loose figure prices have gone up tremendously, especially a complete Princess Leia figure.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Loose original Leia seems to go up in price every day. Who'd have thunk people would be willing to pay £140 for a loose Leia?!

B-Wing Pilot / AT-ST Drivers now @ over £30 each. Still boggles my mind that these are in the double figures in terms of value as used to not be able to give them away.

R2 pop-up - surely bubble gotta burst on that one.

Everything seems to be in demand bar Logray and the bespin guards :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
As far as 12 Back Palitoy goes I found Ben the most difficult to get. In the space of 3.5 months I got offered 2 Luke's one 85 grade, one 90 grade and there might have been another one for sale on here so I wouldn't class it as a particularly difficult figure to get, it's just expensive. I only got offered one 85 grade Ben in the same time period. Boba Fett is a different ball game the 30 Back Fett is nearly impossible to get, the 41 back is difficult and I am told the 45A is also nearly impossible. So in my opinion either the supply of Fetts is less or the Demand is far greater.

As far as loose is concerned the Orange Hair Farmboy variant seems very desirable and expensive! There is a L Slot rocket firing Boba Fett on Dallas Vintage Toys for $45,000.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Pop R2 has gone MENTAL. Crazy money even for ones without the sabre.

These will be doing £500 loose complete soon...

SOJ

Sith Lord
But haven't the figures being discussed so far always had a certain premium attached to them due to demand? I know when I started collecting loose around 2000 Luke FB, Leia Organa were +£20 figures. The last 17 were always expensive. I paid £70 for my Yak Face in 2001 which in today's money probably is face off what being asked for one today. Spending that much on a figure for me back then was a big deal.

Before the boom in 1999 I can only imagine prices were even less for these figures.

I took a break between 2007 and 2011. When I came back it felt like prices haden't move much at all. And hadn't really moved much from 2000.

In that decade between 2000 and 2011 my earnings more than doubled. Regards today's prices for these figures you have to hope that between the after glow of TFA fading and disney pumping out a movie every year plus inflation of over time these new prices will become acceptable and more affordable.

What I'm trying to say is although the prices seem high today in 10 years time maybe they will be a lot more agreeable but the same figures will always have high demand.

Between Facebook and Brexit though I might be completely wrong on this.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I also collected loose back in 2000 and I find it staggering how much certain figures are going for now a loose Vinyl Jawa now in high grade is not far off the price for a carded one back then. I think grading has had a significant impact on prices as new or returning collectors (like myself) will choose a graded item every time as you know what you are buying without any prior experience or knowledge, this has increased the price of higher grade items, its amazing the price differential between an 80 and an 85 grade. I think the MOC prices would be significantly higher if virtually all of the high end sales of rare and thereby expensive MOC's weren't done behind closed doors. I think the sale of loose items is more open and the prices are recorded or at least known and that is what is pushing prices up. Star Wars Tracker is a usefull tool for loose sales or common MOC's, any rare MOC's it is of little use. I also think since disney took control over Star Wars this has also led to a significant increase in prices, I was looking to buy a Star Wars Vol 1 35 Cent comic (the 35 cent is the rare variant, the 30 cent is the common one) Pre Disney this comic was selling for £2600-£3000 (CGC9.0) and now this same comic in the same grade would be £10,000 to £13,000 I attribute that price rise directly to Disney.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom