Watch out! Post Fakes, Repros, Customs selling on ebay here

Heres another one, I guess you throw a lot of bait out there, you only need one to bite :evil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Vinyl-Cape-Jawa-CAS-85-Immaculate-1977-Original-z-/172616139840?

Lindo

Sith Lord
I don't understand these China auctions if you are going to scam someone why do it this way when anyone with half a brain will know it's a scam

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
After reading an article all about the ToyToni farce I decided to do a bit of homework. Discovering his ebay username is 'Marsking' I dug deeper. Immediately on viewing his items for sale it seemed obvious what is going on. Either he has found a truckload of original Star Wars weapons (luckiest man on planet) or he is selling fake weapons and palming them off as geniune! I think the latter as each item looks straight off production line! Weapons quantities range from x2 each remaining to x10 each remaining. Please see all attached photos and give me your opinions. I wouldn't buy from this guy with the reputation he has! :x

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    77 KB · Views: 4,863
  • image.png
    image.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 4,865
  • image.png
    image.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,866
  • image.png
    image.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 4,864
  • image.png
    image.png
    34 KB · Views: 4,875
  • image.png
    image.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 4,866
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4,864
  • image.png
    image.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 4,872

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
After reading an article all about the ToyToni farce I decided to do a bit of homework. Discovering his ebay username is 'Marsking' I dug deeper. Immediately on viewing his items for sale it seemed obvious what is going on. Either he has found a truckload of original Star Wars weapons (luckiest man on planet) or he is selling fake weapons and palming them off as geniune! I think the latter as each item looks straight off production line! Weapons quantities range from x2 each remaining to x9 each remaining. Please see all attached photos and give me your opinions. I wouldn't buy from this guy with the reputation he has! :x

All the weapons, figures, MOCs are genuine overstock/end of line. He is not selling fake / repro.

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Well that's convinced me! I was trading Star Wars over 20 years ago and never came across such an abundance of weapons and accessories. Opinions always appreciated but for me the 'grade of quality' and 'supply amounts' are phenomenally high?

lejackal

Grand Master
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Well that's convinced me! I was trading Star Wars over 20 years ago and never came across such an abundance of weapons and accessories. Opinions always appreciated but for me the 'grade of quality' and 'supply amounts' are phenomenally high?
He bought thousands of cardbacks from Palitoy or from the person/s Palitoy sold them to, he also bought a shed load of overstock and is/was sitting on case loads of Trilogos and Meccano 20Bk Jawas. He also gathered together a vast amount of mint figures with weapons for his scam so to have an abundance of stuff left over should not surprise anyone. After all, he only stopped making fake MOCs because he was caught, not because he had a change of heart or ran out of stock.

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Yes that's agreed according to the history of what happened. Just seems a bit strange if the weapons are only surfacing now, approx 30 years later? Why not sell weapons with figures = complete figure, more money? Again feedback appreciated

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Yes that's agreed according to the history of what happened. Just seems a bit strange if the weapons are only surfacing now, approx 30 years later? Why not sell weapons with figures = complete figure, more money? Again feedback appreciated

The price of loose fogures and weapons has only shot up recently and he is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel? Or maybe he is having a clear out and only found the weapons recently?

Jason

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Thanks for view Jason. All I'm saying personally is that the harm he did to the Vintage Market which has/is recovering now must never be forgotten. From a collector who savours the trust we all have in this community I would not buy from this dealer. (leopard/spots) :!:

Lindo

Sith Lord
If cunts are stupid enough to bid on that then they deserve all they get, you don't have to be an expert to know that it is obviously fake

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
But for the uninitiated do you not think that eBay should remove this sale, assuming it has been reported to them?
Or do we think eBay is "buyers beware "?
I think eBay should have more ownership of this type of issue.
Discuss!

Jibbajabba

Padawan
I didn't report it to eBay but I messaged the seller and its no longer available- so that's a result in my eyes. Didn't get a msg back from them thanking me for saving them from committing fraud (bit of a stretch maybe??) maybe they're a bit pissed at me? :lol:
i think eBay should do something if an item is flagged up as fake, hard to police in practice though as there will always be people reporting legit items out of malice- maybe they should step in if they get X amount of reports??

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jibbajabba said:
I didn't report it to eBay but I messaged the seller and its no longer available- so that's a result in my eyes. Didn't get a msg back from them thanking me for saving them from committing fraud (bit of a stretch maybe??) maybe they're a bit pissed at me? :lol:
i think eBay should do something if an item is flagged up as fake, hard to police in practice though as there will always be people reporting legit items out of malice- maybe they should step in if they get X amount of reports??
Well done, great effort.
Totally agree with the rest of your post.
I really do believe that eBay should do more, but suspect that this goes against them make vast sums of money out of sellers. :roll:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Original 100% genuine item but everythings reproduction

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282507865824

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stubbs said:
Original 100% genuine item but everythings reproduction

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282507865824
Utter crap...
I would love to know how many people buy these and why.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
What a load of junk.

Just reported that item. Fifty quid says it goes nowhere.
Unfortunately I think you are right, and that's where the trouble lies, eBay want him to sell that and then they will get paid their percentage.
Make my blood boil... :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom